Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

roush supercharger on a shelby gt

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2008, 11:39 AM
ericmuscle
1st Gear Member

Default roush supercharger on a shelby gt

i know alot of people are gonna say get whipple, saleen, paxton, etc (and i already know that the roush is a roots blower and not a twin screw) im not wanting major power or to be able to turn the boost up laterijust want a little more powerthan what i have now and i like the roush set up and the option to keep factory warranty. question is has anyone or know someone that has the roush supercharger on their shelby gt, i think the only difference as far as the standard gt goes and the shelby is the ford racing cold air induction as far asdifference in motor wise. im gonna put the standard factory air box in my car to accomadate the roush tune that goes with the factory setup. do you think roush will have a problem calibrating my ecm due to it being a shelby tune or is that besides the point since every car has a tune on it. has anyone had any experience in this and can anyone think of anything else i might need to do? thanks for your help
Old 04-11-2008, 12:47 PM
SirKnightTG
5th Gear Member

Default RE: roush supercharger on a shelby gt

If you get to keep your warranty with the roush and you're satisfied with it's power output (oh but you'll want more later) then that sounds like a good way to go.

However, the Saleen will allow you to keep your warranty if it's installed by an authorized dealer like Brenspeed who's a Saleen Speedlab facility. Really you would be better off with that option I think.

You will of course need a new tune for any s/c you get for your Shelby and there will be no conflict with the Shelby tune as it will be deleted (but first saved to your tuning device).
Old 04-11-2008, 12:52 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

i don't think you'll have any issues
at all, with getting the PCM calibrated
by roush

toolttime did a write up of his install, i
think it's still in the archives....

nothing wrong with this s/c if it
meets your requirements
Old 04-11-2008, 03:23 PM
ericmuscle
1st Gear Member

hey thanks guys for the quick responses. i am now a proud owner ofa roush supercharger, i just placed my order with stillen.com, real nice guy and answers all questions. i wont have the install done till around the first of june cause i have to wait till i get in my new house with a double garage(cant really due much upgrading at the apartment im in[:'(]) i called roush and they stated that all i need is the factory airbox placed in my car and have the strut tower brace removed and they wouldnt have a problem loading a tune in the pcm.
Old 04-11-2008, 03:40 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

cool, can't wait to see pics
of the install

having a garage to work in, is
priceless!
Old 04-11-2008, 04:53 PM
hypersurf1
2nd Gear Member

Will it clear your strut brace? You might have to remove that.
Old 04-11-2008, 05:08 PM
ericmuscle
1st Gear Member

roush performance said they have sold a few roush chargers to people who had shelby gt's and said they thoughtthe strut bracewould have to be removed.
Old 04-11-2008, 05:26 PM
myredgt
3rd Gear Member

Well, I just so happen to have one installed on mine.

The brace will have to go,I sold it of course. I haven't really noticed a difference with it gone. you will need the stock airbox though, I sold my Ford racing cai as well. You can get a little extra income with those. The Roush, although not as powerful as some of the others, is awesome. The whine is sweet. It drives and sound just like normal until you put your foot in it. My Shelby is my daily driver, so it was so much nicer.

My dealership is also a Roush dealer, so everything was done by them and carries the warranty. As soon as you get it back, you will have a huge grin on your face! I have also found a way to correct the problem of you getting used to the extra power. Borrow a friend or family members car or truck when you think your car is getting slower. Drive it for a day, or keep it overnight. When you step back into your Shelby, it will be brand new again!

Also, click here to see videos of me and Lilly after her Roushcharger installed:

http://thekingswolf.com/forums/index.php?topic=1297.0

Enjoy!! [8D]

- C
Old 04-11-2008, 05:52 PM
ericmuscle
1st Gear Member

thanks for the reply, i cant wait to get mine installed. i owned a 2001 saleen s-281 and if the roush charger makes my car1/2asfast as thatcar wasi would be plenty satisfied. i miss the whine and the boost of the superchargers. i already bought an air box off ebay just have to wait till june 1 to start the install.
Old 04-11-2008, 06:43 PM
exx1976
5th Gear Member

Ehh, wait a minute.. You are worried about your warranty, but you're going to install the RoushCharger? Unless I'm mistaken (which is possible, but I don't think so), the RoushCharger must be installde by a Roush DEALERSHIP in order to maintain any type of drivetrain warranty.. That would be assinine of Roush to warranty any backyard mechanic to install a blower on their vehicle, think about it.. I'm not saying that YOU will do it wrong, but I'm sure SOMEONE has done it wrong. And even if you do everything right, look at the problems CataclysmGT has had with his Whipple? That same kit has gone on HUNDREDS of cars, and with his? No dice...

I think you may have just shot yourself in the foot. I'd call Roush FAST, and confirm, so you have time to cancel the order with Stillen...

Quick Reply: roush supercharger on a shelby gt