Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Son of a B****!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2008, 04:42 PM
07BOSSGT_S197
2nd Gear Member

Default Son of a B****!!!

Driving along all happy in a shiny, freshly waxed, new oil, topped off tank of gas Stang and I start to hear the classic "lawnmower/2-cycle" sound. Open up the hood and there's no mistaking that high pitched air leak. Blew a boost line sounds like...or at least I hope thats all it is and not the Valet/Bypass valve.[&o]
Old 04-12-2008, 04:51 PM
Brian_Zinchuk
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Son of a B****!!!

Bad news bro hope its not to bad.
Old 04-12-2008, 06:07 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

let us know what it
turns out to be
Old 04-13-2008, 12:29 AM
MD07gtcs
1st Gear Member

That sux hope it isnt costly
Old 04-13-2008, 09:37 AM
07BOSSGT_S197
2nd Gear Member

Update: Now its idling rough and sounds like a cylider is misfiring.... and still have a hissing sound coming from around the bypass valve. I don't like where this is going...
Old 04-13-2008, 09:46 AM
PLstang
5th Gear Member

Man that sucks!! I got no ideas! Sorry!
Old 04-13-2008, 10:52 AM
07BOSSGT_S197
2nd Gear Member

Default fixed...

This just goes to show symptomatic problems can be something so stupid that it makes you think its a larger problem. The hex cap-screw worked its way out of the catch-can. Just found it hand-over-handing the whole "breathing" line for the car. Put my hand over the hole and the whole problem was fixed when my fiance pushed the gas in a lil. Take it off and it sounds like a sick lawnmower trying to make its last dying breath. (temporary addition to the mod list-Coors Light bottle cap and duct tape!!!). Stupid little screw!
Old 04-13-2008, 11:01 AM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Default RE: fixed...

ORIGINAL: 07BOSSGT_S197

This just goes to show symptomatic problems can be something so stupid that it makes you think its a larger problem. The hex cap-screw worked its way out of the catch-can. Just found it hand-over-handing the whole "breathing" line for the car. Put my hand over the hole and the whole problem was fixed when my fiance pushed the gas in a lil. Take it off and it sounds like a sick lawnmower trying to make its last dying breath. (temporary addition to the mod list-Coors Light bottle cap and duct tape!!!). Stupid little screw!
Sounds like my cheap catch can I bought on ebay. It had vacuum leaks everywhere, but I fixed them before installing it. My screws that held the top on stripped out very easily as well so be careful. I ditched that POS and got the moroso can.
Old 04-13-2008, 11:08 AM
07BOSSGT_S197
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: moosestang

ORIGINAL: 07BOSSGT_S197

Sounds like my cheap catch can I bought on ebay. It had vacuum leaks everywhere, but I fixed them before installing it. My screws that held the top on stripped out very easily as well so be careful. I ditched that POS and got the moroso can.
this is the catch-can that came with the kit, an afterthought with KB and I really don't know if its in part my fault for probably not making sure it was tight when I drained it last. So who knows. But it keyed me in to have a little more attention to detail. Don't like the thought of spraying oil onto the hot exhaust.
Old 04-13-2008, 11:16 AM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

glad you got it fixed and it
wasn't anything too serious

Quick Reply: Son of a B****!!!