Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

08 gt heads & cams HELP

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2008, 01:43 PM
headinjury6

Default 08 gt heads & cams HELP

I have alot of work planned for my car this summer, and i am new to it all... so this might sound stupid, but please help anyways lol.

I want to put in CAI, intake manifold, MAF, offroad exhuast w/ ofroad x-pipe, SCT live tuner, and the other few things I dont know of any good ones please help.

I want to get a good assembled heads, cams, and valves so I can just bolt it on but I am have trouble finding out who makes these for the 08 mustang, can any body offer opinions on this, maybe some HP numbers I might get out of all this? and perhaps anything els I could do to the car for gain?
Old 04-13-2008, 08:35 PM
Lito
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: 08 gt heads & cams HELP

for cams, brenspeed have nice info on competition, for the heads I would send yours to ron @ foxlake for cnc porting.
Old 04-13-2008, 08:45 PM
Timmay!!!
4th Gear Member

Fox Lake andLivernois does some great headwork from all I've heard. Cams, eh, you can get some power out of them for sure but they are more of a sound FX mod if anything especially considering the total cost. I'm also weary of them if I have to pass emissions some day, although if a set of BBR stage 2's were at my doorstep, they wouldmost likely find there way under my valvecovers.But there are800RWHP 3Vcars out there with the stock cams and intake manifold so take a hard look at what your already working with. Aside from tuningFord didn't leave to much on the table.
Old 04-13-2008, 08:55 PM
Lito
2nd Gear Member

as timmay says, this is worthy only if you chose to stay on the NA route, for FI I don't think they are worthy, stock heads and cams are fine enough to blow our stock shortblock. Now, if you plan on making an all out NA machine. That will be good, a nice livernois 298cid with custom pistons and 11:1CR or more, stage 4 comp cams and stage 3 foxlake cnc's. Uhmmm, one can only dream.....
Old 04-13-2008, 09:32 PM
jmose77
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Timmay!!!

Fox Lake andLivernois does some great headwork from all I've heard. Cams, eh, you can get some power out of them for sure but they are more of a sound FX mod if anything especially considering the total cost. I'm also weary of them if I have to pass emissions some day, although if a set of BBR stage 2's were at my doorstep, they wouldmost likely find there way under my valvecovers.But there are800RWHP 3Vcars out there with the stock cams and intake manifold so take a hard look at what your already working with. Aside from tuningFord didn't leave to much on the table.
+1 The power gain for the money it takes to swap cams almost doesn't seem woth it until you hear them.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1mYzsxMbo4

Old 04-13-2008, 10:50 PM
headinjury6

what would be the power gain on cams? http://www.blowbyracing.com/bbr-3v-cams.html
is boasting 35hp if I read that right... but what would it most likely be?
Old 04-13-2008, 11:00 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

you will be doing good to get 350 to the wheels with all bolts ons and a set of cams. The tuning for the cams is key, if its off, the gains are not great. You will need to have it taken to a shop that knows what they are doing for the dyno tune.
Old 04-14-2008, 11:40 AM
jdback19
4th Gear Member

Crane Zcams Stage IV will get you a good 80 extra hp our back if tuned right. Add in a set of stage 3 port and polished heads with oversized exhaust valves and you are looking at about 125hp gain all together.
Old 04-14-2008, 11:52 AM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

you will not see 80 HP from a N/A engine without lots of other goodies and a streetable tune....
Old 04-14-2008, 06:38 PM
Timmay!!!
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jdback19

Crane Zcams Stage IV will get you a good 80 extra hp our back if tuned right. Add in a set of stage 3 port and polished heads with oversized exhaust valves and you are looking at about 125hp gain all together.
Individual gains from cams and heads don't really stack up on top of one another. With good tuningcams and ported heads may net you 50 maybe 60rwhp.

Quick Reply: 08 gt heads & cams HELP