Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

shipping from USA to Canada...

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2008, 01:58 PM
headinjury6

Default shipping from USA to Canada...

all the parts I want need to come out of the USA or I will be paying more than double, does anyone know if I orderd these parts will they get stopped at customs or will they come to my house and will I have to pay extra on them as to make it not worth it? or should I just take a 20hr drive to the states and pick up the parts? any comments or opinions will help.
Old 04-16-2008, 02:10 PM
Rat GT
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: shipping from USA to Canada...

I get most of my stuff from the US and I always try to avoid UPS. They charge $40 brokerage fee and then another 5% GST on top of that and that's on top of the other taxes, duties and shipping charges. I had this one item shipped by UPS not too long ago and I paid $19.00 for shipping, $5 GST and $41 UPS brokerage fee. The post is way better as they only charge $5 brokerage.
Old 04-16-2008, 02:34 PM
MexGT
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: headinjury6

all the parts I want need to come out of the USA or I will be paying more than double, does anyone know if I orderd these parts will they get stopped at customs or will they come to my house and will I have to pay extra on them as to make it not worth it? or should I just take a 20hr drive to the states and pick up the parts? any comments or opinions will help.
I feel ya, we mexicans have the same problem with everything ... so its just better to just take the car to the US and have everything installed there, or to pay the customs $$$ just to stay quiet while we get our stuff down here option 2 always work lol !
Old 04-16-2008, 07:38 PM
michaellefebvre

what ever you decide, makeUPS your last shipping option.
Iordered an xm package worth 200 bucks and had to pay an extra 87 bucks of fees.
... that was 2 months ago and im still apstd!
Old 04-16-2008, 07:55 PM
MartyMoose
3rd Gear Member

Why does Canada kick you in the ***** for ordering parts from the US? Embargo or tarriffs on American goods or some ****?? You guys gotta pay like 50% more to mod your car; that's gotta suck[:'(]
Old 04-16-2008, 10:22 PM
Dex
5th Gear Member

I shipped some headers to a guy here and he had to pay an extra $50 bucks. I feel bad for you guys!
Old 04-16-2008, 11:44 PM
headinjury6

they charge us for being canadian, and we dont bitch about it to much... because were canadian were good at getting kicked in the nuts lol, I think I will just go down to the states and get the work done its ALOT cheaper, now can anyone help me, where should I go in the states for good tuning and engine work?
Old 04-16-2008, 11:48 PM
MartyMoose
3rd Gear Member

Where in Canada are you?
Old 04-16-2008, 11:49 PM
headinjury6

up by edmonton, Drayton Valley AB to be exact. a good 8hrs from anything looking like the states lol
Old 04-17-2008, 01:15 AM
CataclysmGT
4th Gear Member

Ummm, I'm hopefully driving to SoCal to ST Motorsports to get engine work done. Take 3 weeks off and drive down with me......hahaha

Quick Reply: shipping from USA to Canada...