Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Shaker system with CAI

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2008, 08:01 AM
kcmarti
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Shaker system with CAI

ORIGINAL: tk5075

I hate my shaker, it does look good (on the outside) though, but i want to be able to dress up the engine, but you cant see anything but the big plastic thing covering the entire engine. you can't have strutbars, plenum covers, any kind of valve covers, its really gay, i honetly want to take mine off. if you have vista blue i would consider trading you to go back to stock, it looks cheap to me.

Im gettin a JLT intake installed tomorow, me and the mechanic guy figured that were just gonna cut a hole in the intake surround and let the shaker "feed" into the filter. and i wanted to do reeally cutom engine painting and detailing but i cant atall with the shaker. and the guy before me got like wax or something white onthe trim around it (on the hood) and it wont come off atall.
but i will probably trade if you have vista blue
Sent you a PM. Depending locations we may be able to make a trade.
Old 04-23-2008, 10:13 AM
Boozshey
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: my06shaker

A dremel, the right tools and vision. They'll work together.

[IMG]local://upfiles/86175/E5E5F356C50841A0A7864667B5042E02.jpg[/IMG]
That's the V6 version there...

This is the V8 verion here...

ORIGINAL: tk5075

I hate my shaker, it does look good (on the outside)though, but i want to be able to dress up the engine, but you cant see anything but the big plastic thing covering the entire engine. you can't have strutbars, plenum covers, any kind of valve covers, its really gay, i honetly want to take mine off. if you have vista blue i would consider trading you to go back to stock, it looks cheap to me.

Im gettin a JLT intake installed tomorow, me and the mechanic guy figured that were just gonna cut a hole in the intake surround and let the shaker "feed" into the filter. and i wanted to do reeally cutom engine painting anddetailing but i cant atall with the shaker. and the guy before me got like wax or something white onthe trim around it (on the hood) and it wont come off atall.
but i will probablytrade if you have vista blue
I have painted valve covers. And trust me a shaker is way better than a plenum cover!!!
Old 04-23-2008, 01:12 PM
08Bullitt215
1st Gear Member

I would have thought since you are getting more air to the motor and ifits working together with the intake it should be a good hp gain... more air= more power right?
i wish ford would make functional ram air hoods instead of the fake hood scoops they put on!
Old 04-23-2008, 07:38 PM
tk5075
1st Gear Member

yea i like your engine boozshey, but you had to take a ton of the plastic off. i just installed my JLT on my roush with the shaker, it took so long to figure out how to take it off, and i was workin with 3 other guys. but it went in okay i just had to cut a little off so th einlet elbow would fit.
Old 04-23-2008, 08:34 PM
aircare84
3rd Gear Member

I'm betting boozshey trimmed his shroud on purpose, as I've done on mine as well. I didn't like all that plastic + it will retain heat under the shroud. And these engines run on the hot side as is.

And mine is routed into my JLT2, you just cut the hole into the filter cover instead of the factory box. I didn't use the supplied elbow because I felt it was too restrictive of an elbow & used some aircraft ducting instead.

[IMG]local://upfiles/47772/F41B43081AA2439B9F44AA0C898BD0B9.jpg[/IMG]
Old 04-23-2008, 10:49 PM
Boozshey
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: aircare84
I didn't use the supplied elbow because I felt it was too restrictive of an elbow & used some aircraft ducting instead.
Plus it's ugly!!!

Yes I did cut the shroud on purpose you have to or it's Ugly also!!
Old 04-23-2008, 10:58 PM
tk5075
1st Gear Member

yea im thinkin about cutting all the plastic off like yours ^
what did you do to the edges to make it look clean?
Old 04-23-2008, 11:00 PM
Boozshey
5th Gear Member

I picked up some weather stripping from Pepboys. It actually at one time looked like aircare84's, I just flipped it arount the other way and pulled off all the rubber.
Old 04-24-2008, 07:55 AM
UberHax0r
2nd Gear Member

guess I'm in the minority, but I like the plastic on the shroud.

either way, you do not HAVE to trim all of the plastic off, just have to widen the hole for the intake elbow.
Old 04-24-2008, 08:45 AM
Boozshey
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: UberHax0r

just have to widen the hole for the intake elbow.
I'm not following you there man...

Quick Reply: Shaker system with CAI