Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Anyone still waiting for their 05 mustang....

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2005, 06:28 PM
wondercoolguy
1st Gear Member

Default Anyone still waiting for their 05 mustang....

WAITING IS HELL!!!!!!!!! [:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@]
Old 04-26-2005, 06:42 PM
VaporDude
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Anyone still waiting for their 05 mustang....

Original order 11/17/04 and it is still clean and unscheduled. I reordered from a higher volume dealer on 3/23/05 and it is still clean and unscheduled. Son't look like I will ever see a 05 and by the news, might not even see a 06. But WTF, I tried and can't seem to get ****.
Old 04-26-2005, 07:11 PM
Professor Wizard
MF Moderator

05GrayGT:

Every time I read your post (ordered 11/17/04) I am simply amazed that you don't have your car. Did that dealer give you your money back?

I don't mind the waiting, I was prepared for that - I have the LACK OF INFORMATION from Ford about the true status of my order. THAT is what is driving me batty!

By the way - Ordered March 1st... and waiting...
Old 04-26-2005, 07:18 PM
VaporDude
5th Gear Member

I never put a deposit on the 11/17/04 order but they have not pulled it out of the system either. The salesman is a good friend of mine. On the second order from Suntrup, I had to put a $500 deposit. I asked them the other day if I can get my depopsit back in the event the first order comes through and they said they would.
Old 04-26-2005, 07:53 PM
don_w
I ♥ Acer

I ordered a Sonic Blue Premium GT – with all the options – on 1/18/05 (yes, 14 weeks ago). It was supposed to have been delivered last Friday, 4/22. It didn’t show up. I was definitely disappointed, but figured it would only be a couple more days. But, yesterday, the dealer told me that my car was still at the Ford plant in Michigan… with about 700 other cars undergoing some sort of quality check. No idea what for even. It was never even shipped (yet the system still showed a 4/22 delivery date… go figure). Needless to say, I was devastated. No one could tell me how much longer it is going to be, but I figure at least 3 or 4 more weeks. I thought I would need to take some Prozac or something. Anyway, about 4:30 yesterday afternoon, the dealer sent me an e-mail saying that his general manager offered to let me “borrow†a pre-owned 2005 V6 Mustang until mine arrives (whenever that is). So, I went by and picked up Mineral Gray V6. It’s not mine, and it’s not a GT… but at least it’s an ’05 Mustang.

Old 04-26-2005, 07:57 PM
Jrodmaster
1st Gear Member

Yup, ordered mine about 3 weeks ago, expecting a call from the dealership in a few weeks to tell me a build date. Expecting delivery early to mid june for college graduation. Total cost before tax and license in southern california $25,840

2005 Mustang Deluxe Coupe GT
White performance clearcoat
sport bucket leather medium parchment seats
active anti theft system
interior upgrade package
seat side airbags
(Everything, but wheels and Shaker system)

Putting Steeda Ultralite 05 satin wheels on it with Pirelli P-zero Nero M&S Tires (275/40/R18ZR)

Putting in a kenwood touchscreen 6.5" screen with navigation and an after market soundsystem.

think about this car non stop and can't wait to get it and drive it
Old 04-26-2005, 08:37 PM
Martin123
2nd Gear Member

05GrayGT have you received a VIN on any one of your orders?????

My car has finally been build and is currently in storage (whatever that means)

Anyway, my dealer told me that the car is in the process of transportation and should be here by the second week of May (God, I hope so!)

We've been on the same boat since November and I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you buddy.
Old 04-26-2005, 08:57 PM
don_w
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: Martin123

...my dealer told me that the car is in the process of transportation...
Yikes... that sounds eerily familiar.

Yea... I'm a skeptic now. []
Old 04-27-2005, 01:32 PM
Jrodmaster
1st Gear Member

Just called the dealership today. Got a build date and expected delivery date!!!!

ordered it around April 9th

Build date is week of May 9th

Expected Delivery Date: 30th May

I hope you get your car, i feel so good knowing that i'm going to have this car soon. i can't wait to drive her around southern california.
Old 04-27-2005, 01:33 PM
Jrodmaster
1st Gear Member

there is hope dude,

just got off the phone with the dealership and i am stoked. ordered mine around april 8th

build date is week of may 9th

delivery should happen around 30th may. got vin numbers and everything. keep the faith, you'll get yours soon enough, i'll keep my fingers crossed

Quick Reply: Anyone still waiting for their 05 mustang....