Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Help!! my car is acting like its in protection mode or something like it. help!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2008, 12:59 AM
tk5075
1st Gear Member

Default Help!! my car is acting like its in protection mode or something like it. help!!

My2007 mustang gthas a xcal2 tuner and a jlt intake installed on it, ive had these installed for over a week, and well it all started friday evening, i was on my way to the perfomance shop to get them to put my steeda springs on, and i was at a red light and kinda launched, but i didnt feel like i launched hard, but my tires spun a good bit which is kinda uncomman, (i had traction contol off). but as i went through second gear i felt like i had major lag, and my car began to act very unresponsive so i held the clutch as i was going around 30 and i was going to rev the engine to like 4k but it wouldnt even rev over 3k, and the checkengine light and a symbol that looks like a tool were lit up, so i pulled over and shut the car off and looked under the hood to see if anything was loose, everything was in perfect order, so i started the car and it was still very sluggish and not reving over 3k rpms. so i went ahead to the perfomance shop and talked on the phone to the guy who installed my tune and he said to go home and reflash the same tune back in it, i did this and still nothing, even trying stock tune, still wouldnt rev high,so i called him again,he was stumped and he said he will drive to my house to check it out, well after i got off the phone i began checking fuses and sure enough slot '47' was blown (a 15 amp fuse), i replaced it and the car ran perfect again, well i went and drove itfriday nightand about after an hour of drivin around i went to pass someone and i kinda hammered it but didnt go over 5k rpms, and then i felt it again, and sure enough the fuse 47 had blown again, i dont have an owners manual so i dont know what the fuse goes to.
does anyone know what i can do to make this stop happening and fix the problem, and what does this fuse 47 goto?
Old 05-04-2008, 03:12 AM
blike
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Help!! my car is acting like its in protection mode or something like it. help!!

Fuse 47 is A/C clutch relay, EVAP canister vent control solenoid, EGR system module, Heated oxygen sensors, Variable valve timing solenoid, Inlet Manifold Runner Control module, Automatic transmission, EVAP canister purge valve
Old 05-04-2008, 10:19 AM
tk5075
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Help!! my car is acting like its in protection mode or something like it. help!!

All that stuff in a 15a fuse?
do you have any ideas why the fuse is blowing?
Old 05-04-2008, 11:15 AM
07gttom
1st Gear Member

take that sct and check the dtc codes that were thrown, then let us know what they are
Old 05-04-2008, 11:42 AM
nemisisn3misis
1st Gear Member

Ouch! sorry to hear about that issue. i think definately i am +1 on getting the DTCs read...and then checking in with the tuning shop since it started after the tune.
Old 05-04-2008, 12:04 PM
tk5075
1st Gear Member

the tunersaid the DTC's are clear or something like that. did i check them the wrong way?
Old 05-04-2008, 05:02 PM
07gttom
1st Gear Member

whenever you throw a check engine light/wrench, a code will be stored in the computer, use the sct to read it and post it on here so people can help you out to let you know what it means. by unhooking the battery, you probably cleared out the codes and now you have nothing. next time you have the dreaded check enine light/wrench, hook up the sct and read the dtc's , write down the code and let us know what they are.
Old 05-04-2008, 05:24 PM
bkid

Did you have it tuned for a certain octane and then change octane?
Old 05-04-2008, 09:54 PM
tk5075
1st Gear Member

[ul][*]yea i had a 87 octane and thought it was an 89 octane, so ive been using 89, but now im going to do 87 octane.[/ul]

okay dtc's say the following 7
[ul][*]p0010- a cam pos actuator cir 1[*]p0020 - a cam pos actuator cir 2[*]p0102 -mas vol ar flo cir lo I[*]p0135 -ox s hir cir 1/i (not sure if its 1 or I) s2[*]p0155 -htd ox s htr cir 2 si[*]p0443 -evap ctrl cir error[*]p0446 -evap ctrl cir error[/ul]
Old 05-04-2008, 09:55 PM
tk5075
1st Gear Member

o yea and fuse 52 a 30amp fuse is blown too, and the check engine light is on, i cant replace this fuse till tomorow.

Quick Reply: Help!! my car is acting like its in protection mode or something like it. help!!