Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

A few things to report.

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2008, 05:43 PM
aclass
3rd Gear Member

Default A few things to report.

First things first, the Whipple is wicked bad, what a fun daily driver. My first tank of gas and the mileage came out to be 20.3. Not too bad for having my foot in the fan since last Monday. If I could drive it like I had some sense then 22 isnt out of the question maybe.

Next, pic's of the oil separator install

With the exception of the can, I bought the hose and fittings from Ebay, they were used but much cheaper.

I robbed the scrap metal bin at work for a piece of stainless and bolted itto the Whipple air filter housing. Worked out pretty well but dern if isnt tighter than Dick's hat band in there with the 12AN's.

And lastly, I've often heard that the Mustang is a chic magnet but never witnessed it first hand until Thursday morning. Mrs Jan "Doe" ran into the side of me going to work. I saw her on the side of road at the last minute and the closer I got she developed the "look" and darted like a bat outa hades. I swerved as hard and fast as I could but she kept coming and WHAM!!! ran into the passenger side.

The dents are difficult to see with the camera but you can clearly see the biggest one between the two windows. they're very oddly placed dents in alot of crevices and bends so I hope they can get back right.

They're several smaller ones in the top of the door and above the glass also.
Old 05-04-2008, 08:55 PM
Mishri
Mish-ogynist

Default RE: A few things to report.

wow.. that is weird how high up she hit you.. was she driving a giant lifted truck or what?... I've experienced a few times girls waving at me just because of the car.... too bad all of them so far have looked like they were in highschool[&:] but I dont even drive too much (only 2500 miles on it)..
Old 05-04-2008, 10:05 PM
Burnsy
5th Gear Member

+1 how did those happen???
Old 05-04-2008, 10:48 PM
Crazy Horse08
1st Gear Member

LOL. I got "holla'd" at yesterday by two girls while driving the mustang. They couldnt have been older than 18. I guess i'll take it where i can get it. After all it could have been a 50 somthing biker chick.

ORIGINAL: Mishri

wow.. that is weird how high up she hit you.. was she driving a giant lifted truck or what?... I've experienced a few times girls waving at me just because of the car.... too bad all of them so far have looked like they were in highschool[&:] but I dont even drive too much (only 2500 miles on it)..
Old 05-05-2008, 12:13 AM
Diabolical!
5th Gear Member

Um, congratulations and that sucks. Lol.
Old 05-05-2008, 04:41 AM
aclass
3rd Gear Member

I think she must have decided to jump at the last minute, I wish her elation would have carried her 4-legs over the car.
Old 05-06-2008, 04:05 AM
Diabolical!
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: aclass

I think she must have decided to jump at the last minute, I wish her elation would have carried her 4-legs over the car.
I'm still freaking confused, lol. Did you hit a horse?
Old 05-06-2008, 04:44 AM
aclass
3rd Gear Member

C'mon Nine! Jane "Doe", a deer....
Old 05-06-2008, 04:55 AM
RF2.1
2nd Gear Member

Damn, sucks about the deer hit. Makes me feel better about the little chip I got the other day from a rock. So far I've only hit a rabbit, two birds, and a bat with my car, none of which did any damage. I figure one more animal and I'll be an ace.

Thanks for posting up the pics of the oil separator! Doing my install starting this Thursday, and I'm using the same set-up as you.

David
Old 05-07-2008, 07:01 PM
Diabolical!
5th Gear Member

Forgive me, I took a retarded pill yesterday, lol.

Quick Reply: A few things to report.