Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Motor Gone (pics)

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2008, 02:16 AM
crazystylin
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Motor Gone

ORIGINAL: CataclysmGT

Get in line for ST Motorsports.
LOL.

Simon1 - that is a ****ing horror story. Every time a motor blows, it just breaks my hear t a bit cuz I know what it feels like to throw a rod. It sucks.

While the consolation is often a built motor, the price you pay just sux.

Keep your head up andpony up!
Old 05-05-2008, 02:28 AM
tached_out
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: sawyer

Sorry to hear about your motor. Adam will be able to build it and tune it properly. You will not be dissappointed
Go big bore 331ci, I would if I was to do it over again. Calihpaddict has a turbo with that block set up and NA he got 359rwhp before the turbo was put on
Adam doesnt do my wrenching but he does all of my tuning. I can also vouch for that he does a great job tuning my car. He got me 550rwhp with no tuning only drivability at 5,000rpms on 9 psi and we plan to see any thing from 15-17psi once we are finished at max rpms. The car drives like it is stock and I dont think I would have any one else tune my car other then him.
Old 05-05-2008, 10:07 AM
Simon1
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: tached_out

Adam doesnt do my wrenching but he does all of my tuning. I can also vouch for that he does a great job tuning my car. He got me 550rwhp with no tuning only drivability at 5,000rpms on 9 psi and we plan to see any thing from 15-17psi once we are finished at max rpms. The car drives like it is stock and I dont think I would have any one else tune my car other then him.
My turbo maxes out at 16 psi, I could upgrade it but probably won't right now.

I've been shopping around at DSS and MMR and I'm leaning toward an iron block, stroked to 298 ci with all the "small" things added in to make it stronger, more durable.

I'm gonna try and get the car up in the air today to take some pictures of the carnage.
Old 05-05-2008, 11:33 AM
retfr8flyr
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Simon1

ORIGINAL: tached_out

My turbo maxes out at 16 psi, I could upgrade it but probably won't right now.

I've been shopping around at DSS and MMR and I'm leaning toward an iron block, stroked to 298 ci with all the "small" things added in to make it stronger, more durable.

I'm gonna try and get the car up in the air today to take some pictures of the carnage.
Mark, Modadditc, has his stroker shortblock for sale you should contact him.

Earl
Old 05-05-2008, 11:58 AM
Dex
5th Gear Member

Adam from ST is coming to Utah at the end of the month to tune all of us. GET OUT HERE!

sorry your motor blew man
Old 05-05-2008, 01:26 PM
MustangGT0405
5th Gear Member

That really stinks, sorry to hear about it.

At least now you will get forged and wont have to worry about this happening again.

Tuning is so important I dont know why people use mailed tunes. I still have the FRPP one, but that this is so rich and conservative, I dont mind running it. On the dyno I dont think I went past 16 deg timing.

I would go to ST in a heartbeat, but as an eastcoaster that isnt an option. I plan to hit up VMP for a dyno tune as soon as I have some traction and clutch things sorted.

I plan to tell him to tune it for 10psiand 91 octane and plenty safe. I will always run 93 octane for safety although there is a good chance I will be moving soon so I cant gaurantee the good stuff.

I hope to someday forge on my schedule not be forced too. Hope to recoup some funds from my stock shortblock.

I hope everything works out for you, and you are back on the road soon.
Old 05-05-2008, 01:41 PM
sevenleaf
3rd Gear Member

Adam sent me a tune he worked onafter he tuned a 2007 mustang with saleen he had in his shop. Then I did a few runs going WOT and crusing several datalogs and now my tune is AWESOME. After spending time with adam tuning my car I won't let anyone touch the tune I really enjoy how it drives.. I couldn't be happier.I can't say enough how great the tune is.I loved the fact he would make changes and let me decide if I wanted to keep them.
Really tuned the car for me and what I like.

I have wideband and datalogged everything he wanted.
Old 05-05-2008, 01:43 PM
Z06 Killer
3rd Gear Member

As far as a motor is concerned how about one of the new Aluminator from FRPP. They should have the three valve ready now.
Old 05-05-2008, 03:26 PM
ShelbyDoc
1st Gear Member

My motor let go at 3200 rpm's normal light throttle at 30mph. Two rods one through the side and one through the top!

http://s73.photobucket.com/albums/i2...nt=BOOM009.jpg
http://s73.photobucket.com/albums/i2...nt=BOOM007.jpg

http://s73.photobucket.com/albums/i2...nt=BOOM013.jpg

http://s73.photobucket.com/albums/i2...acement017.jpg

http://s73.photobucket.com/albums/i2...=kaboom008.jpg
Old 05-05-2008, 04:19 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ShelbyDoc

My motor let go at 3200 rpm's normal light throttle at 30mph. Two rods one through the side and one through the top!
http://s73.photobucket.com/albums/i214/flalv/doc/?action=view&current=kaboom008.jpg

What was your setup, power level, psi? I know it wasn't a twinscrew just by looking at the above pic.

Quick Reply: Motor Gone (pics)