Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Team Performance Twin Turbo Mustang GT wins Houston FFW!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2008, 09:03 PM
ShadowMaster

Default Team Performance Twin Turbo Mustang GT wins Houston FFW!!!

Took three races but we got our first win!!! The Houston Fun Ford Weekend Ultra Stang class win was my third straight win in three years at Houston Raceway Park. Three-peat!!!!

The Heritage Twin Turbo system put the car solidly in the 11.20 range at 124-126 mph all weekend. I was able to run all four opponents down easily and never had to push the car into a breakout. The car was leaving very soft due to the tune but comes on like a freight train around thirty feet out of the hole. Never had a sixty foot time quicker than a 1.858 yet I ran a string of 11.20's with a best of 11.23.

We had a great weekend with a fast, consistent car.......plenty of interested fans coming by the booth.....great weather.....good times with the Strictly Performance crew cooking up crawfish Saturday evening.........our first win of the year......and now the Ultra Stang class points lead.

Loads of thanks to Team Performance Products, Strictly Performance, Metco Motorsports, Exile Turbo Systems, Rockett Brand Racing Fuels, and Ringers Gloves. I did get to bring the car home this time so I will get it out of the trailer in the next day or so and get pictures of the installed kit for everyone. With the five inches of rain we received today I'm not about to try it right now. Finally got some pricing on the kit too so PM me if you're interested.[/align]
Old 05-05-2008, 09:08 PM
The Potato
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Team Performance Twin Turbo Mustang GT wins Houston FFW!!!

Congrats! I saw you guys there
Old 05-06-2008, 02:09 AM
Timmay!!!
4th Gear Member

Is this the kit that Modular Depot was trying to sell for a 5 figure price tag?
Old 05-06-2008, 02:17 AM
sidmanic
2nd Gear Member

Vids??
Old 05-06-2008, 04:23 AM
Timmay!!!
4th Gear Member

I like the kit and the really clean install, but I remember modular depot saying the kit wasn't for people looking for a good deal. Just want to know where the money is going especially considering the kit canutilize thestock exhaust manifolds. Plus it a low mounted kit so you really have to be careful not to drive through water. But all in all it looks like a really nice kit fora street car, plus it utilizes cats and a H-pipe which is a big plus to me personally.
Old 05-06-2008, 09:43 AM
PLstang
5th Gear Member

Congrats on the win SD! Glad you enjoyed the crawfish boil!

We went through 15 cases of beer that day![8D] Sunday was rough!!!![&:]
Old 05-06-2008, 10:57 AM
ShadowMaster

ORIGINAL: Timmay!!!

I like the kit and the really clean install, but I remember modular depot saying the kit wasn't for people looking for a good deal. Just want to know where the money is going especially considering the kit canutilize thestock exhaust manifolds. Plus it a low mounted kit so you really have to be careful not to drive through water. But all in all it looks like a really nice kit fora street car, plus it utilizes cats and a H-pipe which is a big plus to me personally.
PM me for a price. We finally got pricing finalized and it damn sure isn't five figures! Yes, the air inlets are low in the chassis but the carbon fiber belly pan seals the underside of the chassis so water doesn't get near the air filters. Runs from the radiator support back to the transmission crossmember and from fenderwell to fenderwell. Plus....everything bolts in! No cutting, welding, or hacking.

ORIGINAL:PLstang

Congrats on the win SD! Glad you enjoyed the crawfish boil!

We went through 15 cases of beer that day![8D] Sunday was rough!!!![&:]
I personally hate crawfish but my sponsor loved them! Thanks for cooking the mudbugs. I think I had one of those cases in my gut by the end of the day!
Old 05-08-2008, 10:50 AM
ShadowMaster

Will have turbo installation pics this weekend. I'm going to take the car out of the trailer and put it up on a lift to get all the shots y'all have been asking for.
Old 05-08-2008, 12:48 PM
Vapour Trails
3rd Gear Member

What if anything has been done to the engine?
Old 05-08-2008, 03:19 PM
ShadowMaster

Not one single thing other than bolting the twin turbo kit on the car. Engine is bone stock with 25K miles.

Quick Reply: Team Performance Twin Turbo Mustang GT wins Houston FFW!!!