Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

quick question on Brenspeed tune..

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2008, 11:48 AM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Default RE: quick question on Brenspeed tune..

also,after the tune loaded it said 'program loading complete,please turn key off and press select'.
The first time I did that it took me to the main menu and I thought I had to do something else
pressed select again and then it loaded it up again.So I actually loaded the custom tune twice,
when I realized it was loading the second time I just let it because I didn't want to mess anything
up while mid-load.From my understanding,everything that needs to be downloaded is in the 'custom' tune itself right? The only thing I remember that was before the tune was entering either 87 or 90 octane,the first time I selected 90- the second time I think I skipped that part and just loaded the custom tune (again) Si is it 90 or 87?? anyway to check or do I have to reload again??
Old 05-13-2008, 02:03 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

okay,I am an idiot lol.

I remembered that I didn't choose the 90 octane like I was supposed to and instead loaded up the 87 when re-loading it on accident [:'(]

I re-did it today,chose 90 octane and now it hauls ***!~

Rips the tires off the even harder and mid-top end has alot more umpth then before,
the shifts are hard but not as 'jerky' as they were yesterday night.

From a launch with the OD/TCS off it launches alot harder but also spins the tires a little
bit more ..I needs to practice

Overall,happy with the end result...though with all the 'OMG' responses I was still expecting
to be blown alway lol.

Old 05-13-2008, 02:10 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

Try a tune from bama and see which your car reacts to better
Old 05-13-2008, 07:01 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

^^

I like the tune from Brenspeed,not sure how a tune from Bama would make it any quicker?
maybe more throttle response?

It started to 'hop' again (after reinstalling the tune) from a low speed and it gave the impression of more torque to the wheels but just like yesterday night it disappeared.

The funny thing is that after re-tuning and testing it out on the highway,a new Z06 was trying to run me lol.I was like 'yeah right'.I hit the gas at 40 and took off til about 80 and he was next to me the whole time not even getting on it,then he put about a a car and a half and let off ...in about 2 seconds lol.

Old 05-13-2008, 07:36 PM
StickShifty
5th Gear Member

i first loaded Brent's 87 tune, because thats what i had in my tank. it had nice power down low, but i wasnt overly impressed. then i switched to the 91 tune, and love it!! Pulls very hard. i havent touched the 93 tune yet.

and using the xcal3 is easy. its almost impossible to mess anything up, unless you unplug the cord, or turn the key off. overall the whole CAI/Tune thing was alot easier then i thought.... so far....knock on wood.
Old 05-14-2008, 04:41 AM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

I just want the 'hop' it had when I first loaded the tune..it really did feel ALOT quicker off the line and I was VERY happy with it..until it just stopped doing it for some reason.

The tune right now,after a few high speed runs it is DEFINETLY more mid-top end..the
car tops out real quick and it's redlines the entire gear..before it would sit at 5k tops til 140.
Surprised how much power I got out of it,being that it really is just an intake and tune lol.
Old 05-14-2008, 09:46 AM
RedRider0151
2nd Gear Member

I would guess it ran a bit differently when you first tuned it because the ecu program was changed to this aggressive tune and it hadnt compensated for all the changes that the o2 sensors were sending it yet due to the CAI. When I got my tune for the first time it was pretty ugly for the first 10 minutes....car ran great ont eh gas but my idle was all jacked up....once I let it run for about 10 minutes everything normalized.....I chalked it up to the sensors adjusting to the new intake, as all is fine now....
Old 05-14-2008, 08:09 PM
Mishri
Mish-ogynist

+1.. Your mustang is a cyberdine model s197, it is equipped with a neural net processor.. a Learning Computer. It probably relearned what it needed to know to run properly (so it wont detonate or ping or do crazy stuff)..
Old 05-14-2008, 10:48 PM
vaporstang
2nd Gear Member

Thanks for the detailed description of your tune install process. My CAI & Tune is on order and I'm sureI would have struggled with the things you went through. Now I know what to expect....
Old 05-15-2008, 04:44 PM
jlaurens06gt
2nd Gear Member

similar to what I found withBrent's 93 (race) and 87 (torque) tune. the 87 has more torque and pulls harder down low(onmy car anyway) and the 93 really wakes up in the 3.5k-4k range and on up to 6k. I have not run the 91 yet. It would be interesting to tryall three and post up your impressions of each.

Quick Reply: quick question on Brenspeed tune..