Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

S197 Triple Pump Fuel System-Pricing Released

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2008, 06:39 PM
Dex
5th Gear Member

Default RE: S197 Triple Pump Fuel System-Pricing Released

You were just prepared to sell me a MDM for $600 but now youre saying I should be fine. So I should be ok but to be safe I should buy the MDM?? Ok, then I'll just use the one FPDM and if it doesnt fail then thats great for me. I still feel like I was sold something half *** so Im still mad. I dont care if so and so used it because just about every tuner said they wont tune the car with the fuel system I have in it.

*After I did the research and found ONE FPDM was not a very good choice is when I became upset and called.*
Old 05-14-2008, 07:55 PM
Boostaddict
Former Sponsor

ORIGINAL: Dex

You were just prepared to sell me a MDM for $600 but now youre saying I should be fine. So I should be ok but to be safe I should buy the MDM?? Ok, then I'll just use the one FPDM and if it doesnt fail then thats great for me. I still feel like I was sold something half *** so Im still mad. I dont care if so and so used it because just about every tuner said they wont tune the car with the fuel system I have in it.

*After I did the research and found ONE FPDM was not a very good choice is when I became upset and called.*
Dex,

You've been mad ever since we first spoke even though I tried to help you. I believe that's because I refused to take back a used part from you. I hope we can get past that now though as I haven't done you wrong. The system we sold you at the time was the best option available. As I explained to you when you called me the first time the system you purchased was proven. Not only by David Beyer who was making 700rwhp and running 9's but many others as well in the same power range. When you mentioned you were concerned about it using one module I explained to you that on the older cars it was recommended to use a modified FPDM when upgrading to larger pumps such as Focus, Aviator or Ford GT pumps. The reason being that those types of pumps drew more amps than the stock FPDM was intended to handle. I also mentioned to you that although this was the suggested more efficient and safer route there was a change in design to the 05+ FPDM and that we had not seen any failures or FPDM's on an 05+ car go into thermal shutdown. Is it still more efficient to run dual modules? Yes. Is it possible for your system to go into thermal shutdown? Yes Just as much as it's possible for all the guys running HO Whipple kits and Kenne Bells on their stock blocks. There's always a chance. I provided you with the best thing we had available and I'm sorry it wasn't enough to make you comfortable with.

As I mentioned in my first reply to you it's not recommended to run several pumps on a single FPDM and that a thermal shutdown is possible. However I failed to mention that we had not seen any failures on any 05+ cars. I am not your tuner so I don't know what your duty cycles are or how aggresively tuned you are. I'm not in a position to say whether your running safe now or not. I do believe that the system you have is more than adequate for the 650-700rwhp range and although it doesn't have dual modules it should outperform and handle higher hp levels than a stock GT500 fuel system. It's got many other upgrades that the GT500 system does not. The upgraded lines, filter, feed from the fuel assembly and rails all play into the efficiency of your system. The GT500 system does use dual modules but bottlenecks at the hat, filter and rail.

In regards to the MDM you will benefit from it only if you run the outputs to each pump. That would require you to modify the hat to accept the additional larger power wires to each pump. This is why the Fore Hat is so popular as its already wired and there's no worries of leaks as it's gas blocked and sealed right out of the box.

Not sure where else this is going but I'll be glad to answer your questions if you have anymore.

Thanks, Jared

Old 05-14-2008, 08:55 PM
Dex
5th Gear Member

So if you get the MDM then you have to re-wire the pump I have? How hard would that be? I would rather tackle that then spend $1900.

What would I have to do to do this?
Old 05-14-2008, 09:19 PM
Boostaddict
Former Sponsor

So if you get the MDM then you have to re-wire the pump I have? How hard would that be? I would rather tackle that then spend $1900.

What would I have to do to do this?
If you get the MDM you will have to rewire your pumps. The way your pumps are setup right now is that the power wire goes to the hat and then it's split inside the tank to each pump. In order for the MDM to control each pump seperately you'll need to wire a red and black power wire to each pump making a total of 4 wires that need to be passed through the hat.

It's the same way the stock 03-04 Cobra fuel system is as it uses 1 module and Y's off inside the tank to the 2 pumps.

In the link below you'll see how one of our customers did the wiring which I believe is the safest way to do so without causing leaks.

Jared

http://www.lethalperformance.com/PDF...stallation.doc
Old 05-14-2008, 09:57 PM
Dex
5th Gear Member

ok, that seems simple enough. so each has a black wire but they share a red wire. then i just need to add a seperate red wire to each pump. Thenthe pump wireshook straightto the MDM??
Old 05-14-2008, 10:35 PM
Boostaddict
Former Sponsor

ok, that seems simple enough. so each has a black wire but they share a red wire. then i just need to add a seperate red wire to each pump. Thenthe pump wireshook straightto the MDM??
You will completely disregard both the red and black wires going to the pumps now. You'll then run the 2 new black and 2 new red 12gauge wires from the MDM's output through the hat sending 1 of each color to each pump.

Jared

Old 05-14-2008, 11:19 PM
Dex
5th Gear Member

ok, thats easy enough. Im going to go with the MDM so be safe and I'll run the wires myself. Sucks pulling that **** out of the tank and putting it back in though.
Old 05-15-2008, 02:31 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Boostaddict PM sent![sm=mail.gif]