Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

S197 Triple Pump Fuel System-Pricing Released

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2008, 10:27 PM
Boostaddict
Former Sponsor

Default S197 Triple Pump Fuel System-Pricing Released

Lethal Performance is proud to announce the official pricing of the Triple Pump fuel system for the S197 crowd. This is by far the most complete and best performing returnless style system to ever hit the market and you saw it here first from your friends at Lethal Performance. We've worked very hard alongside our good friends a Fore Precision Works and Zone 5 Performance to research, develop and test a true triple pump, triple outlet system thats capable of 1000+rwhp.

The triple pump system utilizes the Fore Precision Works Triple Pump Fuel Hat which houses the Ford GT Supercar pumps and has no fuel flow restrictions whatsoever. The pumps are driven by the Zone 5 Performance MDM Mega Driver which not only can efficiently handle 3 fuel pumps but offers a clean and simple install.

Tied together with the all new Fore Precison High Flow Fuel Rails you have everything you need to safely support a ton of power. Testing on our GT500 with the Gen II 3.4L Whipple at a healthy 726rwhp showed peak duty cycles of 72.5% fully loaded. The stock GT500 system had duty cycles in the 93% range so we saw an amazing 20% drop.

The fuel hat assemblies will be shipping ONLY at Lethal Performance the week of the 16th of May with the complete systems shipping by June 1st. If you're interested in pre-ordering a system we ask that you call in with your name and phone number and we'll reserve your system. You will not be charged until the system is ready to ship.

We look forward to assisting you. Thanks, Jared

$1899.00
http://www.lethalperformance.com/pag...el-system.html

The Lethal Performance Complete Fuel System Includes:
-Fore Precision Works Triple Pump Fuel Hat
-3 Ford GT Supercar Pumps
-Zone 5 Performance MDM Mega Driver Module
-Fore Precision Works High Flow Fuel Rails -Satin or Black
-Aeromotive 10 or 100 Micron Fuel Filter
-Fragola 3000 Series Pushlite Fuel Hose
-Fore Precision High Flow Y Block -OEM Level Sender -Fragola Fittings, Clamps, and all Hardware needed for installation
-Complete Installation Instructions

FORE PRECISION WORKS TRIPLE PUMP FUEL HAT
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 525x393.
The ultimate solution for S197 fuel systems is finally here! Introducing the all new Fore Precision Works S197 Triple Pump Fuel Hat.

Up until now the best solution for GT's and GT500's was to run the stock or modified GT500 system. Another solution for the GT was drilling holes in the stock fuel assembly and adding an additional in-tank pump by strapping it to the assembly. Although these systems have held up and worked well for the last few years we definitely felt there was many improvements to be made. The other issue is that all Mustang GT systems only use a single Fuel Pump Driver Module. If you wanted to upgrade to a dual driver system the only way would be to purchase the entire GT500 system. Reason being is that the stock GT hat doesn't accept the connection for the dual drivers as well as the pigtails needed to make the dual driver harness's aren't available for purchase through ford by themselves.

Another major weakness of the stock fuel assembly is the size of the feed at the top of the assembly. No matter how good of a pump you put into the assembly they're trying to push fuel through the small straw sized opening. In addition to that the stock fuel lines, connection at the filter and connection at the fuel rail are all bottlenecks which keep the efficiency of the system very low.

Problem Solved!!
The Fore Precision Triple Pump Fuel hat is the solution. Just like the Fore Precision 03-04 Cobra hat the S197 hat is made from high quality billet aluminum and machined to perfection. Using high quality fittings and 30R10 submersible lines this system is a direct replacement for the stock assembly and still utilizes the stock level sender and venturi pump.

One of the main features of the Fore Precision Triple Pump hat is that it's the only system on the market which allows for 3 Ford GT Supercar pumps to be used in tank. You actually have the ability to run 1,2 or 3 pumps at a time so depending on your specific needs you can custom tailor your setup with this piece. In order to run the 3rd pump you'll need to use the Zone 5 Performance MDM Mega Driver. The Mega Driver is an all in 1 driver box similar to an FPDM but allows you to run anywhere from 1-3 pumps at the same time. The MDM Mega Drive provides the pumps with the proper amount of voltage to handle the power that the pumps draw.

Fore Precision Works Triple Pump Hat Features:

-High Quality CNC Machined Aluminum Assembly
-Direct replacement and bolts right in using an OEM gasket for a perfect seal as well as using the OEM fuel sending unit in the same stock location.
-Houses 3 Ford GT Supercar Fuel Pumps
-Triple -6an Outlets
-Pre-Wired for Dual FPDMs or Zone 5 Performance MDM
-Eliminates the PPRV and offers a direct in-tank hose routing to both fuel pumps for optimum fuel delivery.
-No welding or caulk used in assembly or manufacturing. Full billet components use o-rings, OEM seals, and gas blocked through conductors.
-All assemblies are pressure tested prior to shipping.

ZONE 5 PERFORMANCE MDM MEGA DRIVER MODULE
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 525x393.
- DRIVES UP TO *THREE* FORD GT PUMPS TO MAXIMUM FUEL CAPACITY
- DESIGNED TO INTERFACE PERFECTLY WITH THE FORE PRECISION TRIPLE PUMP FUEL HAT!
- CAN SUPPLY IN EXCESS OF 35A OF CURRENT WITH LESS THAN 0.5V TOTAL INTERNAL VOLTAGE DROP (as a comparison, the stock FPDM will drop approximately 2.0V at ~ 20A of forward current)
- OPERATES AT TWICE THE OUTPUT FREQUENCY OF THE STOCK FPDM FOR SMOOTHER PUMP CURRENT CONTROL RESULTING IN POTENTIALLY LONGER PUMP LIFE AND BETTER FUEL PRESSURE REGULATION
- BUILT-IN WIRING UPGRADE AND HIGH CURRENT RELAY
- 8AWG INPUT WIRING FOR BATTERY CONNECTION
- 14AWG OUTPUT WIRING FOR EACH PUMP
- BEAUTIFULLY CNC MACHINED HOUSING/HEATSINK BY YOUR BILLET EXPERTS "FORE PRECISION WORKS"
Old 05-13-2008, 02:37 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Default RE: S197 Triple Pump Fuel System-Pricing Released

Awesome....1000+ RWHP FTMFW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-13-2008, 08:41 AM
PLstang
5th Gear Member

Jared, do you have this system on any of your cars running 1000 rwhp or better? I currently run 660 rwhp and will be having a twin turbo compound boost system put on the car later this year. We were planning on going with the same fuel system Richard Lelsz at Strictly Performance has on his 03 Cobra. However, this systemmay be more economical and easier then modifying his for the stock tank.
Old 05-13-2008, 10:57 AM
Dex
5th Gear Member

can one FPDM hook up to the MDM? How much for just that

Nevermind, $600 bucks.
Old 05-13-2008, 08:54 PM
Boostaddict
Former Sponsor

ORIGINAL: PLstang

Jared, do you have this system on any of your cars running 1000 rwhp or better? I currently run 660 rwhp and will be having a twin turbo compound boost system put on the car later this year. We were planning on going with the same fuel system Richard Lelsz at Strictly Performance has on his 03 Cobra. However, this systemmay be more economical and easier then modifying his for the stock tank.
The most we've tested the sytem to at the moment is 726rwhp. At that level duty cycles were in the low 70% range. There's no doubt in my mind that 1000rwhp is a very realistic # for this system to handle. Let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks, Jared

Old 05-13-2008, 11:59 PM
Dex
5th Gear Member

can ya answer my question?

Can it hook up to one FPDM and power two GT40 pumps no problem?
Old 05-14-2008, 07:32 AM
Boostaddict
Former Sponsor

ORIGINAL: Dex

can ya answer my question?

Can it hook up to one FPDM and power two GT40 pumps no problem?
Dex,

Technically you can hook up 2 pumps to a single FPDM. However it's recommended and more efficient to run the dual modules. The amperage that the GT pumps draw are too high for a single FPDM to manage efficiently. What can happen if you do run 2 GT pumps on a single FPDM is that under high load you could put the FPDM into a thermal shutdown. That basically shuts down any signal to the pumps and as you could imagine is a very bad thing. I highly suggest if you only want to run the Fore hat with dual pumps and you don't have the GT500 dual driver wiring is to purchase the MDM as it will be able to efficiently manage 1-3 pumps with no worries of thermal shutdown. All you need to hook up the MDM is 1 FPDM as a only a single FPDM's output is needed.

NOTE: On the 05+ cars we have NEVER seen an FPDM fail running any dual pump including the GT pumps. The 99-04 cars are more vulnerable to thermal shutdown then the S197 cars as the 99-04 cars used a different FPDM. The FPDM was upgraded on the S197's to handle a draw of more amps. As we learn more about efficiency and building systems to support more power we've learned that dedicating a single module per pump drastically lowers duty cycles and stress on the FPDMs allowing the system to work more efficiently.

Let me know if you have any other questions.
Jared
Old 05-14-2008, 05:26 PM
Dex
5th Gear Member

I'll do that then.

I actually bought the Dual GT40 setup from you guys and when I found it was a single FPDM I was upset and tried to return it and you swore it would work just fine. Now youre saying it could possibly go into thermal shut down. You are now contradicting yourself and now I have to spend another $600 to make this work. In 2 weeks I plan on hitting 700rwhp with the dual GT40 pumps.

I cant say Im not irritated with this whole thing but atleast Ihave a sigh of relief knowing that this MDM will work...i hope.I wasnt looking forward to dropping another $700 + 2BAPS for my fuel system. Now it looks like I can get away with just $600.
Old 05-14-2008, 06:01 PM
Saleen05797
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: PLstang

Compound boost FTMFW!

If I had the cash to do a built block and compound boost I'd def have it done.
Old 05-14-2008, 06:07 PM
Boostaddict
Former Sponsor

ORIGINAL: Dex

I'll do that then.

I actually bought the Dual GT40 setup from you guys and when I found it was a single FPDM I was upset and tried to return it and you swore it would work just fine. Now youre saying it could possibly go into thermal shut down. You are now contradicting yourself and now I have to spend another $600 to make this work. In 2 weeks I plan on hitting 700rwhp with the dual GT40 pumps.

I cant say Im not irritated with this whole thing but atleast Ihave a sigh of relief knowing that this MDM will work...i hope.I wasnt looking forward to dropping another $700 + 2BAPS for my fuel system. Now it looks like I can get away with just $600.
To clear up the issue about the single FPDM on the 05+ cars and the system you purchased we have NEVER seen an FPDM fail on an 05+ car running any dual pump including the GT pumps. The 99-04 cars are more vulnerable to thermal shutdown then the S197 cars as the 99-04 cars used a different FPDM. The FPDM was upgraded on the S197's to handle the draw of more amps and as I mentioned we've never seen one fail. However as we learn more about efficiency and building systems to support more power we've learned that dedicating a single module per pump drastically lowers duty cycles and stress on the FPDMs allowing the system to work more efficiently. The system you have now supported 700rwhp on David Beyers car and many others customers of ours making similar power. As I let you know before when you asked me you should have no issues.

As far as why we wouldn't take the system back from you when you asked it was solely based on the fact that you had installed and run fuel through the entire system. We do not take back any parts which have been installed that have nothing mechanically wrong with them. You must have known the system used 1 FPDM because you installed it and tuned it before contacting us. If the system had not been used and was in new and resellable condition I would have gladly taking it back. Sorry about you frustrations but I believe we've done the best we can with in reason to help you.

Jared

Quick Reply: S197 Triple Pump Fuel System-Pricing Released