MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   GT S197 General Discussion (https://mustangforums.com/forum/gt-s197-general-discussion-49/)
-   -   HELP! F-ing noise gimme somewhere to look (https://mustangforums.com/forum/gt-s197-general-discussion/445547-help-f-ing-noise-gimme-somewhere-to-look.html)

whatdaproblemis0 05-15-2008 05:02 PM

HELP! F-ing noise gimme somewhere to look

Ok so I had my boomtubes,Xpipe with Cats,Lt's and my Steeda CAI with tune installed 2 months ago. Progressingly(spelling) I have noticed this weird ratting,clinking and sounds like metal rubbing in my back rear quarter panel area. It happens if I start off really slow like in first or second at a slow rolling barely any gas but still keeping the car running with out killing it. This was the only way to try and see where it was coming from. Sometimes on bumps it will happen as well.

What I did so far,
-checked and cleared out trunk along with spare.
-took car into the shop that did the exhaust install
-took the car to ford and said they found a screw that fell where the spare went. LIES its still there
-Ford said it cant be the exhaust because whoever did the exhaust did an absolute awesome job.

Also to go with this, I have 700 bucks to blow what should I get? This is for parts only and will not go toward installation.

Riptide 05-15-2008 05:09 PM

RE: HELP! F-ing noise gimme somewhere to look

Have a similar issue with mine. Sounds like metal tapping against glass. Ford had it in their body shop twice now and they gave up on fixing it. Good luck with it.

whatdaproblemis0 05-15-2008 05:14 PM

this is absolute BS, i mean yeah i changed my exhaust but damn.

samus720 05-15-2008 05:14 PM

I have it too. After much, MUCH searching. I've determined that mine is from the right rear exhaust hanger. The bushing is wearing out faster for some reason and it makes a squeaking noise when I shake it manually. Then at higher speeds it turns into a rattle. I think the solution is just to replace this hanger/set. Anyway, I will do it this weekend and let you know if that fixes it.

moosestang 05-15-2008 05:17 PM

Is the rattling only coming from one side? Does it only happen at slow speeds? The first suspect is the exhaust and my money is on the hangers rubbing the bracket. I had this problem with my pypes mid muffler, but when looking at it, it appeared to have good clearance. The exhaust will shift rearward when it warms up and under load. Check the axle back hangers for any sign of rubbing, it will probably be a very small mark, mine was.

ORIGINAL: whatdaproblemis0

Ok so I had my boomtubes,Xpipe with Cats,Lt's and my Steeda CAI with tune installed 2 months ago. Progressingly(spelling) I have noticed this weird ratting,clinking and sounds like metal rubbing in my back rear quarter panel area. It happens if I start off really slow like in first or second at a slow rolling barely any gas but still keeping the car running with out killing it. This was the only way to try and see where it was coming from. Sometimes on bumps it will happen as well.

What I did so far,
-checked and cleared out trunk along with spare.
-took car into the shop that did the exhaust install
-took the car to ford and said they found a screw that fell where the spare went. LIES its still there
-Ford said it cant be the exhaust because whoever did the exhaust did an absolute awesome job.

Also to go with this, I have 700 bucks to blow what should I get? This is for parts only and will not go toward installation.

whatdaproblemis0 05-15-2008 05:23 PM

Yeah let me know if changing the hangers works and I will try it I guess, would I just take it back to ford or my local muffler shop?

whatdaproblemis0 05-15-2008 05:30 PM

I wonder if I could shimmy something up there to see if that is it?

moosestang 05-15-2008 05:39 PM

I wonder if I could shimmy something up there to see if that is it?
Duct tape something around the hangers, preferably something not to flammable.

moosestang 05-15-2008 05:41 PM

Yeah let me know if changing the hangers works and I will try it I guess, would I just take it back to ford or my local muffler shop?
My wife could change the exhaust hangers.:eek: I just used a grinder on mine and slotted hanger mounting holes with a drill.

SirKnightTG 05-15-2008 07:34 PM

ORIGINAL: moosestang

Duct tape something around the hangers, preferably something not to flammable.

Aww come on. Flames shooting out the back of the car looks sooo cool.;) Then all he has to do is get in front of a ricer and burn him...literally. :D