Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Dealer refused to fix my fuel pump TSB???!?!?!?!?

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2008, 02:57 PM
Mishri
Mish-ogynist

Default RE: Dealer refused to fix my fuel pump TSB???!?!?!?!?

I agree with one of the above posts about TSBs are only covered if you are experiencing the issue.. and if you are experiencing the issue then they have to do it no matter the mods.. so talk to service manager ford customer service if you have to.. bust that dealership.. they get rated on their customer satisfaction and I think the dealership gets more money or deals or something on cars if they have high customer satisfaction.. so it'll cost them if you aren't happy.
Old 05-17-2008, 06:05 PM
AmericanMuscle4.6GT
5th Gear Member

yes, i definetly have symptoms. after cruising in 5th for even 10 minutes, come up to a toll, put it in 2nd to slow down, push the gas a little, the wheels almost lock up and then the car goes full throttle for a split second. very violent, very embarassing. the first could times it happened i was with my dad, and i didn't know what it was, and he yelled at me for fooling around[:@]

and yea i got the car back today, for the replacement of the exhaust part. they replaced the part, and the leak is gone, but now i have gawdawful loud rattles again, different kinds, much louder, and at different rpm's. it has not been touched(fixed).

i'm getting a little ****ing sick of this, and i can't take it anywhere else cause then i'll have to pay. but you get what you pay for i guess.

oh yea, and the ****ing douche cookie told me my warranty ran out a week ago, i got the service report today, and it says my warranty expires may 11, 2011. i just looked at another service report and confirmed this. ****ing moron didn't look at the year, trying to **** me out of my money.

Old 05-17-2008, 06:23 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

unless you have an extended warranty you only get 3 years, i would say yours is about up then.....

Those arent the symptons of the fuel pump TSB, or not the way to diagnose it atleast i dont think

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...-tsb06_9_9.pdf

ISSUE
Some 2005-2006 Mustangs may exhibit a hesitationon acceleration after a long cruise. After coming toa stop from a highway type cruise, some vehiclesmay experience a hesitation when the customerbegins to accelerate. Air bubbles can form aroundthe fuel pump during a long cruise and be ingested=into the pump on acceleration causing a hesitation.
When you come to a complete stop, does the car want to die when you get start going again?

Old 05-17-2008, 06:34 PM
AmericanMuscle4.6GT
5th Gear Member

i have the extended warranty. and i got the car in december 05, almost jan. my warranty runs out may 14th 2011

then why does the car sputter and lurch like that?
Old 05-17-2008, 06:41 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

how fast are you going when you shift into 2nd like you state......i never downshift i just put it into neutral and then once i get ready to speed up then i put it back in a gear.
Old 05-17-2008, 07:16 PM
AmericanMuscle4.6GT
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: howarmat

how fast are you going when you shift into 2nd like you state......i never downshift i just put it into neutral and then once i get ready to speed up then i put it back in a gear.

i use the brake, slow down to like 35ish, then put it in second and as soon as i give it a little gas, CA-LUNK. it also does it from a stop, but not as much. i usually rev-match down to second then just use the brakes from there, so i probably like clear it of bubbles i guess.
Old 05-17-2008, 07:57 PM
GRABBER GT
1st Gear Member

We had couple of cars come in with this problem but if I remember they were automatics and not manuals.
What you describe almost sounds more like a clutch problem. shifting into 2nd around 35 while braking is a little high and may cause the rear to bind up, maybe even activating the T/C. This also creates heat in the clutch which may cause a slip and the instant reving you describe upon trying to give the car throttle. And where does the Ca-lunk noise sound like it is originating from.
Try braking in 5th gear till around 1100-1200rpm then putting the car in nuetral to complete the stop. Then try accelerating and see if the car produces the same problems.

Mike
Old 05-17-2008, 08:09 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

I don't understand you. It's one of the best things about having an aftermarket exhaust on this car.
Old 05-17-2008, 08:20 PM
AmericanMuscle4.6GT
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GRABBER GT

We had couple of cars come in with this problem but if I remember they were automatics and not manuals.
What you describe almost sounds more like a clutch problem. shifting into 2nd around 35 while braking is a little high and may cause the rear to bind up, maybe even activating the T/C. This also creates heat in the clutch which may cause a slip and the instant reving you describe upon trying to give the car throttle. And where does the Ca-lunk noise sound like it is originating from.
Try braking in 5th gear till around 1100-1200rpm then putting the car in nuetral to complete the stop. Then try accelerating and see if the car produces the same problems.

Mike
that didn't make any sense at all, no offense.

i rev match it to 2nd gear, let out the clutch, theres not really any difference in input/output speed. otherwise i slip the clutch in 2nd to slow the car down a little sometimes, but not from 35 mph.

and i always have tcs off.
Old 05-17-2008, 08:39 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

ORIGINAL: moosestang

I don't understand you. It's one of the best things about having an aftermarket exhaust on this car.
ok i take it back.....i do it alot for that reason but not for what he is using it for.....the gurgle is quite nice

and i agree i think its bucking cause you arent really rev matching it correctly, i know mine bucks when i am not in the right RPM band.

Quick Reply: Dealer refused to fix my fuel pump TSB???!?!?!?!?