Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Supercharger Questions???

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2008, 09:38 PM
Black GT
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Supercharger Questions???

ORIGINAL: moosestang

ORIGINAL: zkiller

My dealer in stalled my KB twin-screwand I have my warranty still. It depends on the Ford dealer you work with.
Do you think if something inside the engine breaks, or even the transmission, they will fix it?

I don't think so, but you knew that.

I would like to ask the OP his age? It seems age plays a big role in this supercharger/warranty question. Parents said " you can get anything you like dear, so long as it doesn't void the warranty".

I said **** the warranty when i ordered my whipple. I literally said that.
I felt the same way when I installed my Saleen. And sometimes you don't mod and wait out the warranty then things go wrong anyway. I had the standard 3 year / 36,000 milewarranty on my '04 F-150 (daily driver) and it expired last fall. Now just this month the slave cylinder inside the tranny started leaking after 40k miles and it was $1,100 to get it fixed.
Old 05-21-2008, 09:57 PM
sactown
4th Gear Member

Just to let you know I actually purchased the extended gold warranty which includes all the maintance crap like belts, brakes, oil changes... and I still modded my car (BTW This is the first time I EVER purchased the extended warranty and I only paid 1k), the dealership I go to is unusally good, they stated that as long as the SC (blow the motor)did not brake anything they would warranty the car, even the drive shaft or trans, my trans has been pulled 4 times and I have paid for it once and that was for a clutch inspection at my request and I am running an after market clutch but they pulled the trans 3 times knowing that, now with that said I have paid them for other things like gear installs, welding, and soon a clutch replacement, and if I get a call from Ford to ask how they did I always tell Ford that they kick A$$!

But to the guys at the shop my car is their car or shop car, when I pull up, Tom the tech that does 95% of my work there is like "How is my hot rod doing", they tell the other mustang gt owners about my ride, I pay about half shop rate for work, at this point if they had a dyno I would not take my car any place else, but you got develope that relationship with them and be true to it, and find a good tech, every dealership has at least 1 tech that kicks a$$. I am thinking about asking them to sponser my car at races.
Old 05-21-2008, 11:58 PM
exx1976
5th Gear Member

Must be nice to have that kind of relationship with a shop/dealership. ANY time my car goes anywhere for work (be it cosmetic or mechanical) the FIRST thing I do is rev-limit it to 2500 and speed limit it to 45 MPH before I hand over the keys.
Old 05-22-2008, 11:28 AM
mattsimonton
2nd Gear Member

how can you do that? I have heard of it before but never knew how to do it...
Old 05-22-2008, 04:45 PM
RedStang06
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mattsimonton

how can you do that? I have heard of it before but never knew how to do it...
It's done with a handheld tuner device like a Predator or an XCal.
Old 05-22-2008, 07:24 PM
blueherd02gt
5th Gear Member

I didn't even go through here reading anyone's responses... IF you want a warranty call your dealer and ask them what to do.
IF you want real nasty powah...extreme powah close this thread and start a real one. Or RTFF
Old 05-27-2008, 04:37 PM
wumustang

The whipple 400 kit, if installed by the dealer keeps the remainder of the factory warranty.

Remember this kit does not include the intercooler or the GT500 fuel pump.

Good luck