Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Ordering a 2006 GT with X-plan??

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2005, 02:04 AM
Higgie
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Ordering a 2006 GT with X-plan??

ORIGINAL: HellaSmooth

Hello all

Just had a couple of questions about ordering with a X-plan. I called one of the local dealerships and was told that the xplan could only be used on the V6. I then called another dealership in the area and asked them about using the xplan they said come on in and well talk about it. I should be able to use the Xplan on the Gt correct?? My other question is i got this xplan pin through a friend who works at hp, when i received my pin via email the email stated that i need a W2 or some other information showing that i worked at HP. Do the dealers normally check for this or is it you have a pin in your name your all set. Also my local dealership said that the longest it would take after ordering it would be 12 weeks, I dont see how that can be true...

Thanks for any information..
Hello !! I used X-PLAN Feb. 3rd, 2005 to buy my 05 GT stick. I heard all the BS that you are getting from other dealers, or on the V8 they wanted to order not sell out of stock (stock was 3-5K over MSRP). X-PLAN dropped my MSRP from $26650.00 to $24750.00. It varies a little from car to car. If Ford mailed you the PIN, so it is in your name, I don't see why they wouldn't let you use it. I have never been asked for any other documentaion, maybe last 4 digits of social security (they changed from asking for the whole number last year to protect identity). I have always used a Credit Union check from the Company that makes me X-PLAN eligible, so maybe they counted that.

Best Luck with your purchase !!

[IMG]local://upfiles/12415/8ABF8270CD054C94A92D8EA766104926.jpg[/IMG]
Old 05-21-2005, 09:30 PM
Stoenr
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: hawgman

The PIN can be transferred to whomever the original owner wants. The dealer can ( and might ) ask for proof of the originator's employment. That is strictly up to the dealer.

You can use the X Plan on whatever the dealer chooses to honor it on. It is strictly up to the dealer. Not Ford, not the grantor of the PIN, not the salesperson's cat....Strictly up to the dealer.

As for wait time on an 06.....who knows. First they have to start accepting orders for them, then they have to start building them.

Thats great! Is your name on all these titles?

Taken from Ford Partner Web Site

Employees (full-time, part-time and contract)/ retirees of eligible partner companies and their spouses are allowed to generate up to two (2) PINs per year. Each PIN may be used towards the purchase of a new vehicle under the Plan within 12 months of the date of PIN generation.

"Employees & Spouses"

New Vehicle Purchase Plan (X Plan) transactions are subject to the following conditions:

ยท Vehicles must be registered or titled only to the Partner Recognition participant for the X Plan as identified under the section "X Plan Eligibility". For all eligible customers, vehicles may be jointly registered or titled provided that both parties are eligible under the New Vehicle Purchase Plan. Vehicles also may be registered in the name of a participant's trust provided that the participant's name is included in the name of the trust, i.e. "John Smith Trust". Vehicles may not be registered or titled in the name of a business.

Vehicles must be retained in the customer's possession and registered as provided above for at least six months from the date of purchase or lease.

Not trying to flame or anything, but transferring is not allowed according to the X-Plan conditions.
It really comes down to if they actually check who the PINS are registered to and verify employment.

Old 05-22-2005, 12:26 AM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

Absolutely not. My name is on the title of my vehicle only. No where on the site does it say anything about transferring a PIN to another person. It only talks about obtaining the PIN. You CAN transfer them. I have done it, I know other people that have done it. And honestly, I don't think Ford really gives a rats ***. The dealer I bought my GT from had X Plan posters in the fleet offices. They even told me that if I didn't have a PIN they could get me one. And that was without even knowing who I work for or if my company was part of the Partner Recognition Program.

And if you weren't looking to flame, you wouldn't have worked so hard at trying to prove me wrong...
Old 05-22-2005, 04:41 PM
Stoenr
5th Gear Member

Didnt work hard at all, Just had obtained my PIN a few days ago so everything was fresh in my mind and weblinks marked.
Again, if you or your spouse do not work for a partner company, you cannot (llegally) use a pin for X plan. Breach of contract. End of issue. But......... your absolutly right, Ford doesnt seem to give a rats *** who uses the PINS. So tranfer then to whoever you want. But its still breaking the contract and you and your company could face being ever offered any plan in the future. Show me where it says you CAN transfer PIN to your brothers uncles cousins, nephews nieces best friend. gg

And no, it doesnt only talk about obtaining a PIN. It talk about using the PIN to purchase the car. I love people that cant read for ****
Old 05-22-2005, 09:25 PM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

So since Ford dealers around here are openly offering them to anyone that walks in off of the street, does that mean that Ford is in breach of contract with itself and will no longer offer itself the partnership program?
Old 05-22-2005, 09:46 PM
Stoenr
5th Gear Member

Sorry, I cannot verify that, thats up to you.
I backed my point up with the link to the information, all you have is nothing........

I could say that the dealerships up here just give away the cars to, but where would be the proof?

Why would the dealer just want lose money on purpose by just giving away money(pin)? or even bother with making up Rules for Xplan? You make no sense, or have proof to back it up. Maybe its some small hickville ford that doesnt run a respectable business. But I know of none around or ever head of one just giving out X plan PINS to anyone.

Why are you arguing whats in black and white?
Old 05-22-2005, 10:13 PM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

You're right. It is just some small hickville Ford dealership. Because that is all we have down here in the small little metropolis of Dallas/Ft.Worth. After all, there is only 8 million people here. And I have absolutely nothing better to do than to pull stories out of my *** for your amusement. My ultimate goal in life is to make crap up so I can augue with you and give you the opportunity to demonstrait your mental superiority. That is exactly why I started this spat.
Old 05-23-2005, 12:14 AM
Stoenr
5th Gear Member

WE KNOW YOU CAN TRANSFER A PIN TO WHO EVER YOU WANT!!! YOU CAN KILL SOMEONE TOO. JUST DONT GET CAUGT
MY POINT IS THAT ITS AGAINST THE XPLAN POLICY!!
are we still at a disagreement here?
Old 05-23-2005, 12:24 AM
MobyDickDog
2nd Gear Member

My Brother in-law's Brother in-law works for Ford. We'll call the Ford employee Billy Bob. I got one using the X-Plan. Billy Bob got the PIN and off we went to the dealer.

I don't know the rules. I do know that I don't work for Ford.

I also know that Ford isn't "losing money on purpose" by selling them at the X Plan price either.

Just my 7 cents worth.

Old 05-23-2005, 12:30 AM
Stoenr
5th Gear Member

https://www.fordpartner.com/HowItWor...works_home.asp

Quick Reply: Ordering a 2006 GT with X-plan??