Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

So i got bored of my mustang

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2008, 10:39 PM
v8pilot
2nd Gear Member

Default So i got bored of my mustang

Over the past year I bought my car. I spent over 3 thousand dollars on top of it personalizing it to my needs. Coming from a 200hp BMW it was very FAST. Was even faster when I got tune, intake. When I got my gears I had a grin for a month every time I was on the throttle. Then I started working on the suspension. Pretty much overhauled the whole thing. I was satisfied I was happy with her. I got to the point where I would have to spend A LOT of money to maker her faster. I recently got a ride in my co-workers 650hp twin turbo 300zx. I have a new appreciation of what fast really is. Since then I feel like my car is slower then a civic. I just can’t find it fun anymore. When I punch my car, it’s mediocre. I have come to the conclusion I need to de mod my car to a certain point. Mainly the suspension. Put stock exhaust back on. Just keep Gears intake tune and control arms. Invest the money I would spend, wait a few years till I Start balling. And just buy a fast as **** car. I was leaning towards the 03-04 z06. But even that doesn’t have the power range I want. I know everyone is saying why you don’t supercharge it. But then I would get to the point where I need more power. And forged internals is out of question. Kind of a long read But i was bored.
Old 06-07-2008, 10:45 PM
ScottsIre

Default RE: So i got bored of my mustang

I feel kind of bad for you in a way. I can't fully understand your prediciment though because the reason I bought a Mustang is for the love of the tradition and the personality of the vehicle.. not just because it was a 'fast car'. Some people just aren't Mustang people I guess.
Old 06-08-2008, 12:10 AM
gman73
5th Gear Member

Why do you need or want that much power? An 03/04 ZO6 and the 05-08 Mustang GTs, 07-08 shelbys have plenty of power for a daily driver. I could see if you were going to compete on pinks, then you would want a car w/600+ hp. I would much rather have a 300-400 hp Mustang than a 500-600 hp Nissan.
Old 06-08-2008, 12:54 AM
Vapour Trails
3rd Gear Member

I'm dumber for reading this.
Old 06-08-2008, 12:59 AM
clfrye
1st Gear Member

I love my Mustang, it is my first. I wanted one ever since a friend let me drive his 1986 Mercury Capri 5.0 when I was sixteen. There are a plethora number of reasons why most of love our Mustangs. Some people love the fact the Mustang has a history of longevity and customizability like no other car in time! Others love the sound, speed, beauty, etc... I have always loved the look of a 68 fast back. The new S197s certainly remind me of them. My car is grabber orange, a color first available on the 1970 Mustang Boss, my birth year. So my car is my expression of what a modern Boss should look like. I like the look of the concept Chevy Camaro and Dodge Challenger, but if either were available today I'd still prefer my Mustang. So if you want to whine like my fourteen year old teenage daughter, "it's not the newest or most exciting anymore", please go do it some place else. Sell your car, find, buy or build whatever is going to make you happy. And maybe someday you'll grow up.
Old 06-08-2008, 02:10 AM
acdc163
2nd Gear Member

Why dont you just put a blower or twin turbo on your Mustang and beat the crap out of your co workers 300zx??
Old 06-08-2008, 02:20 AM
sawyer
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: v8pilot

Over the past year I bought my car. I spent over 3 thousand dollars on top of it personalizing it to my needs. Coming from a 200hp BMW it was very FAST. Was even faster when I got tune, intake. When I got my gears I had a grin for a month every time I was on the throttle. Then I started working on the suspension. Pretty much overhauled the whole thing. I was satisfied I was happy with her. I got to the point where I would have to spend A LOT of money to maker her faster. I recently got a ride in my co-workers 650hp twin turbo 300zx. I have a new appreciation of what fast really is. Since then I feel like my car is slower then a civic. I just can’t find it fun anymore. When I punch my car, it’s mediocre. I have come to the conclusion I need to de mod my car to a certain point. Mainly the suspension. Put stock exhaust back on. Just keep Gears intake tune and control arms. Invest the money I would spend, wait a few years till I Start balling. And just buy a fast as **** car. I was leaning towards the 03-04 z06. But even that doesn’t have the power range I want. I know everyone is saying why you don’t supercharge it. But then I would get to the point where I need more power. And forged internals is out of question. Kind of a long read But i was bored.
lol a 650 twin turbo 3.5 300 Z are you serious? At the fly wheel maybe. You can spend the same cash and smoke his ricer IMO.[X(]
Old 06-08-2008, 02:52 AM
Stoenr
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Vapour Trails

I'm dumber for reading this.

+1
Old 06-08-2008, 02:53 AM
Stoenr
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: acdc163

Why dont you just put a blower or twin turbo on your Mustang and beat the crap out of your co workers 300zx??
wait, why dont you grow some *****, and skills and just beat it stock?
Old 06-08-2008, 06:51 AM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

If you want 650hp fast, then you are going to have to go into any engine, except the 03-04 cobras or gt500. I'm sure that 300zx, if it truely has 650hp, has a built motor.

Quick Reply: So i got bored of my mustang