Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Whipple Install & Dyno Tune Pricing???

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2008, 11:48 AM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Whipple Install & Dyno Tune Pricing???

ORIGINAL: nineinchnail1024

My advice, as always, is to dive into a self install. The install is too easy to pay someone $1K+ to do it for you. It was seriously one of the easier automotive jobs I've tackled over the years.

Mickey, you guys are offering a great price for the install. Kudos to HCM.
I thought it was one of the easiest things I've done as well. Much easier than changing the clutch.
Old 06-10-2008, 12:34 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

moose, if you don't mind me asking,
what was the most difficult or frustrating
part of the clutch R&R

ORIGINAL: moosestang

I thought it was one of the easiest things I've done as well. Much easier than changing the clutch.
Old 06-10-2008, 02:07 PM
Diabolical!
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: hammeron

part of the clutch R&R

For me, it was laying on my back, propping up the weight of the tranny with one arm after it slipped partially off of the jack while trying to disconnect an electrical connection at the very top of the tranny with no blood in my arms, lol. But that shouldn't happen if you invest in a good transmission jack. I used a floor jack with a steel plate welded on it and some chain. Next time (oh God, I hope there is never a next time) I will spring for a transmission jack, lol.
Old 06-10-2008, 02:50 PM
whatdaproblemis0
3rd Gear Member

I was quoted 1160......ANYONE KNOW IF BRENSPEED WILL INSTALL THE WHIPPLE?????????????????[:@]
Old 06-10-2008, 02:53 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

i want to join you and moose at the next
annual, DIY clutch crew meeting

(oh God, I hope there is never a next time)
Old 06-10-2008, 03:21 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Trying to get the transmission to clear the tunnel without lowering the motor or removing the blower. Also trying to reattach that hydraulic line was a pita. Also trying to pull the transmission backwards with the bolts still holding the inspection plate to the tranny was a major brain fart of mine. You'd think the inspection plate would come right out, but it's pressed into the block or something.

Sorry, i know I owe you a clutch how to. I've been busy trying to track down a motorcycle as you know and the yellow one was allready sold. I'm going to look at a black and silver one on Sunday. It's seems the buell 900's only run low 12's at 111-112mph. I'm not buying it because it's the quickest thing, but I thought it'd trap a little higher.

ORIGINAL: hammeron

part of the clutch R&R

Old 06-10-2008, 03:26 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

For me, it was laying on my back, propping up the weight of the tranny with one arm after it slipped partially off of the jack while trying to disconnect an electrical connection at the very top of the tranny with no blood in my arms, lol. But that shouldn't happen if you invest in a good transmission jack. I used a floor jack with a steel plate welded on it and some chain. Next time (oh God, I hope there is never a next time) I will spring for a transmission jack, lol.
That $60 trans jack from harbor freight sure did come in handy. I almost forgot how hard it was lifting the flywheel up to the motor, i didn't have the car quite as high as i'd of liked. It's hard lifting a heavy flywheel and pressure plate when you are slightly hunched over underneath a 3500lb car.
Old 06-10-2008, 03:47 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

thanks for the clutch thoughts and
post pics when you get your new
toy.....i took mine out for a long
ride, last saturday

I'm going to look at a black and silver one on Sunday.
Old 07-03-2008, 09:39 AM
TillmanSpeed

We're $900 for Whipple complete install with before & after RWHP, TQ, AND AFR printouts. $250 for custom tuning with your own XCal2 or X3. $625 for custom tuning if we provide the SCT XCal2 or X3.

Old 07-03-2008, 04:28 PM
doc0075579
1st Gear Member

I am going to CJ Pony parts in PA, the quoted be 900.00 for install. Also, I joined the "herd" and receive 5% off of everything I ordered. I am probably looking at around$7700forWhipple,guages/pods, and install. I went withCJ because they are closer to me (DC) than Tillaman and Evolution and FRPP recomended them. Plus, not to bash anyone, but I just had 300.00 worth of work done to my car because Evolution failed to put locktite on the bolts to my driveshaft. I lost one bolt as I was driving down the road and the other three were VERY loose.

Quick Reply: Whipple Install & Dyno Tune Pricing???