Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Just bought the Whipple HO!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2008, 10:56 PM
AmericanSpeed
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Just bought the Whipple HO!!

ORIGINAL: blackS197

ORIGINAL: AmericanMuscle4.6GT

i'm getting a whipple within the next few months. can someone explain, in great detail, the difference in driving experience? does it really have that off-idle torque wallop? thats absolutely necessary for me

Its a totally different beast. No way you can hook at all 1st though 2nd gear unless you got good tires.
I know man, but I got that covered. I got some Mickey thompson cheater slicks a week ago for the track! I may run with some street tires though once or twice for the hell of it.
Old 06-12-2008, 07:48 AM
MustangGT0405
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: AmericanSpeed

The Whipple Crew is starting a small army in central florida! You never have to twist my arm to go out and grab a beer.

Moose, I'll prob be upgrading the tensioner once I get comfortable powershifting with that kind of power. I'd love to hit 11s my first time out, but I doubt it since I'll prob be taking it to the track the first week I have it installed. I don't think I'll be ballsy enough to drive it all out after only such a short period of experience.

I feel like an 8 year old kid waiting for Christmas. I can't wait to hear that sweet whine.
Shoot me a PM with your cell number and I will call when I am back in town. 2 week vacation starting tomorrow, .

I am not a big powershifter (or at all really) but I am going to get the tensioner just because. It is available and it will never break. I plan to do it with my next round of mods at the end of the year.

As far as the wait, mine came in 10 business days exactly after I ordered it. Make sure you go through and check for all the parts. Mine was missing a bag of bolts for the intercooler, and a connecter for the GT-500 fuel pumps. Pushed my install 2 days because of it [:@]. Whipple made good and overnighted the parts so, what can you do.

Waiting is hard for it to show up, but seeing it sit in the box is worse.

Congrats Glad you bought the whipple and didnt go to the Dark Side. It will be nice to have another whipple around. When you first get it make sure to watch peoples faces. They see you accelerate and hear the whine and their faces contort. They dont know the sound of power.

Old 06-14-2008, 03:48 AM
shane.stockard
2nd Gear Member

Me and you both now can't wait to install the Whipple. I am as excited as my son is on Christmas morning. Congrats!!!
Old 06-14-2008, 04:04 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Congrats to the OP and shane! You will both be amazed! I would describe the power as "Big block pull" from a small block. I (unlike Moose) have the stock 3.55 gear in and am thinking of getting the 4.10. We will see so many mods so little mod money. OT at work is in full effect and I am purchasing the tensioner and an 8 rib belt kit. Then DS and gear and after that 14" big brake for the front and 14 inch rotors for the back and replace the lines with some SS ones. Back on the dyno and see what she pulls after that...... [8D]
Old 06-14-2008, 04:20 AM
jerseyblood
2nd Gear Member

All this Whipple talks makes me want my car back but it just went to the shop today for the install. Should be back Wed or Thurs but thats a long time. Im more excited then right before a vacation.....
Old 06-20-2008, 02:29 PM
AmericanSpeed
5th Gear Member

Just got the call from the delivery company, WHIPPLE WILL BE DELIVERED MONDAY!!!!

This is going to be the longest weekend ever!! The week will be bad too, I think I may just take off of work to install it. I don't think I'll be able to hold off til the weekend.

I'M SO EXCITED!!!
Old 06-21-2008, 05:24 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Cant wait to see pics and new numbers and track times!
Old 06-21-2008, 06:26 AM
svtwin

What does the kit include? Is it a complete bolt on kit?
Old 06-21-2008, 09:23 AM
shane.stockard
2nd Gear Member

My Whipple just came in yesterday but I have to wait until December and yes I said Dec. My car is in Italy and I am in Afghanistan. I am grown man but I feel like a kid having to have my parents hold all the mods until I return back to the States. So til then I live my life through the threads. Keep all the stories coming so I can get more and more excited.
Old 06-21-2008, 09:23 AM
shane.stockard
2nd Gear Member

My Whipple just came in yesterday but I have to wait until December and yes I said Dec. My car is in Italy and I am in Afghanistan. I am grown man but I feel like a kid having to have my parents hold all the mods until I return back to the States. So til then I live my life through the threads. Keep all the stories coming so I can get more and more excited.

Quick Reply: Just bought the Whipple HO!!