Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

ChevyKiller - The Resurrection!

Old 06-10-2008, 08:50 PM
modaddict
4th Gear Member

Default ChevyKiller - The Resurrection!

Got parts together over the last week and actually began the final reconstruction of the killer yesterday. I'll try to keep this thread updated throughout the build-up.

Today, I spent 3 hours at GAS going over the return system piece by piece and figuring out exactly how and where we are going to do it. The rewiring of the entire car began yesterday. The rear end was pulled Friday and the axel tubes were welded, everything else was welded again correctly, and had the rust scraped off and started with a nice 3 coats of paint...
[IMG]local://upfiles/85500/39F2C115FF5C42C3A09AE24F694AE6B4.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/85500/C2E4DC49491D438DA78799BDF8D34990.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/85500/FD329903B71D4ACBB0D94BF9E2D364BF.jpg[/IMG]

We took out all of the emmisions stuff under the spare tire well and just for giggles, I put the stuff on the scale. Are you ready for this? 98 lbs! (This was just the emissions crap under the spare tire well alone!) Now this is designed to trap the vapor from your gas tank when it heats up while off and running and prevent raw fuel from venting to the atmosphere so for me it was a no brainer cause I am doing a return fuel system but it might not be an 'easy' mod for anyone else as you are using your stock gas tank - you would want an alternative way to vent your gas when it expands...

Started rewiring everything...
[IMG]local://upfiles/85500/EBB6645B042F4E46BB8F1677C72E825C.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/85500/AFD866E5A0004A3A9598A394EDEA4ADB.jpg[/IMG]
Dustin at Whipple is working on some custom pullies for me. The TC came friday so the rear is going back in today after that gets put in. The properly lengthed driveshaft also finished up today.

One of the main guys working on my car right now is this old guy 'Kooch' who has been a custom fab designer for over 20 years and has several sema cars concept cars in his credits. He is fabbing up the entire trunk set-up the rest of this week and it is bad ***! The fuel cell is in the trunk and he is building an enormous intercooler resevoir AROUND THE FUEL CELL! What is really cool is my resevoir is also going to act as a chiller for the fuel! Pretty trick - after we got rid of the stock gas tank, we were able to run the small partical filter that is going after the pump there. The big filter before the pump sits nicely below the spare tire well with the pump. With all the emissions crap out of the bottom of the car, we were able to mock up the pump and return system in that area and away from the heat of the mufflers. The motor is getting pulled out by Friday and the airbrush guy is picking up my valve covers, intake tube, and some other stuff to custom match my checkered flag air brushing everywhere else. The intake manifold and some other stuff is going to the 'shine' department to smooth and high polish everything. Should be able to eat off my engine when it's done...

I've got some other custom goodies courtesy of Agent 47, canton, and Bassani that were delivered. Once I get the okay, I'll show the cool stuff...

The rear seat delete will be custom fabbed out of aluminum once the return system is in place and the wiring is finished to round out with the other mods I have going in the interior. The original boss side mirrors also came in yesterday and went to paint. Most of that type of stuff will just sit around till we finish the big stuff and then will put all the 'pretty' mods on in one shot at the end. So far, I have taken 100 lbs off the front of my car, 125 lbs off the rear of my car, and moved about 150 lbs from in front of the axles to behind the axles.

I'll try to keep the thread updated. I'll be back there on Friday doing some other stuff.

Mark

Old 06-10-2008, 08:55 PM
blueherd02gt
5th Gear Member

Default RE: ChevyKiller - The Resurrection!

So I guess the d/d part is gone forever?
Old 06-10-2008, 08:58 PM
modaddict
4th Gear Member

Absolutely not. I may not drive it 'daily' but this car will still be driven on the street and it will most definitely be driven to and from the track...

It will always be an actual street car driven on the street...
Old 06-10-2008, 09:00 PM
modaddict
4th Gear Member

Thought some of you may be interested in the functional 1/4 window vents...

Steve Carpenter, the manager of GAS used his Boss as the prototype. Mine are actually already done and painted but we're waiting to get the big stuff out of the way and will install them at the end when we do the rest of the show mods. Here's a couple pics I took today with my phone of his. Mine are identical except his go right to the rear rotors as his is set-up as a road race car. Since the killer is a drag car, I'm just venting them down to the diff but they can and do go right to the rear rotors. Getting them to the rotors is the tricky part because of the mufflers so the cost is going to be $300 more to make them to the rotors. Since the Killer is a drag car, I decided to save the $300 and go to the diff.

[IMG]local://upfiles/85500/73055A949CC14D3CBD88C12159CEA1A8.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/85500/86CCFCB6B8B249689C7576C805FC18B8.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/85500/31C824A451E84F0E9A6B72D865EC4330.jpg[/IMG]
Old 06-10-2008, 09:06 PM
blueherd02gt
5th Gear Member

So CK....didn't you just get your car back from ST? why the ADHD?
Old 06-10-2008, 09:10 PM
modaddict
4th Gear Member

Adam built me a heck of a motor and a great blower set-up to make gobs of power. We are still friends. I have just parted ways with him on a business level for my particular needs.
Old 06-11-2008, 02:35 PM
onederful100
6th Gear Member

the CK is lookin good.
will be much better when it's done.
must be exciting for you gettin all this done to your stang, but no huge subwoofers in back?
Old 06-11-2008, 03:17 PM
Mishri
Mish-ogynist

without neons and a custom sound system it can't be fast.

Nice.. i couldn't believe it when you said you were going to sell it with all that time and effort in it.. glad to see you changed your mind, even if you didn't want to trade for a nearly stock automatic .

Those vents look interesting.. if anyone asks at the track what it is, tell them its your clothes dryer vent for when ppl pee their pants in it.
Old 06-11-2008, 03:44 PM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

Curious. What piece did you put right below the airbag cover?
Got a link on where I can get them?
Old 06-11-2008, 04:32 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: modaddict

We took out all of the emmisions stuff under the spare tire well and just for giggles, I put the stuff on the scale. Are you ready for this? 98 lbs! (This was just the emissions crap under the spare tire well alone!) Now this is designed to trap the vapor from your gas tank when it heats up while off and running and prevent raw fuel from venting to the atmosphere so for me it was a no brainer cause I am doing a return fuel system but it might not be an 'easy' mod for anyone else as you are using your stock gas tank - you would want an alternative way to vent your gas when it expands...

I would seriously like to know how to make this work? That's a simple way to drop almost 100 lbs off the car. Would just putting a check valve on the vent tube be satisfactory? I'm sure i'd get a constant check engine light, but I don't care. I had no idea that stuff was that heavy.

I just need to know what psi check vavle i need?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: ChevyKiller - The Resurrection!