Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Turbo Kit for my 06

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2008, 06:17 PM
Kize23

Default RE: Turbo Kit for my 06

I will have to take a look at all those kits. Yeah the hard part is finding a good shop to install the turbo. I'll just have to keep looking around. All i found so far is a shop that installs STS. So the guys at Brenspeed said I wouldn't need to dyno tune it, and thetuner they send me would set it up goodas long asits all installed correctly.Guys at HP Performance say every turbo kit you installNEEDS tobe dyno tuned..... Who knows...
Old 06-18-2008, 06:35 PM
one eyed willy
5th Gear Member

build your own,thats what im doing,just bought the turbo today!!

i have the intercooler,wastegate,cold side piping and BOV.need some injecotrs, exhaust piping and a couiple odds and ends,few days fabbing it up and off to vmp tuning i go!!

i looked at all the different kits,based on them i designed my own set up to meet my needs

heres a few links for you.

http://www.granatellimotorsports.com...s/manual71.pdf
http://www.mustang50magazine.com/tec...ger/index.html

Old 06-18-2008, 06:37 PM
Stage4
2nd Gear Member

for anything less than 11psi, I'd say canned tunes are safe, especially brenspeeds. They've done a lot of them and know their stuff. Mine was pretty much spot on when I was at 11psi and a canned tune, the dyno tune didn't change much when i went in for it. if you're looking for 425, you'll be fine with no dyno. Is dyno better, heck yes. Necessary? at that level only if you want to squeeze another 10hp out of it.
Old 06-18-2008, 07:00 PM
Kize23

Idon't know enough to build my own kit. Thanks for the idea though. Yeah it seems like i never hear anything but good stuff about Brenspeed. Thats probably the way i am leaning right now. Even though You are probably paying a little more for the name.. =)
Old 06-18-2008, 07:24 PM
brad281
4th Gear Member

What kind of a budget are you looking at for your turbo build?
Old 06-18-2008, 08:03 PM
wadman
2nd Gear Member

I had a Hellion kit with lots of issues. My friend bought a HP kit and it rubbed in about four different places in the engine bay. I think you may like the Hellion kit if you dont want to lower your car and dont mind alot of under hood heat. I would stay far away from some of the other kits.
Old 06-18-2008, 09:47 PM
Kize23

I would like to stay around 6k. But If I have to pay a little more for quality i will. Its a lot of money and i just want to make sure i get something that will work out. Do the hellion kits sit pretty low or something? I don't think i would ever lower it. Maybe throw a body kit on it adventually but thats it. What type of issues did you have with the hellion kit? Did you get yours from Brenspeed?
Old 06-18-2008, 09:53 PM
PSUSkier
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Kize23

I would like to stay around 6k. But If I have to pay a little more for quality i will. Its a lot of money and i just want to make sure i get something that will work out. Do the hellion kits sit pretty low or something? I don't think i would ever lower it. Maybe throw a body kit on it adventually but thats it. What type of issues did you have with the hellion kit? Did you get yours from Brenspeed?
The Hellion system actually sends piping over the axle. So if you lower your car, that puts the all your tubing even closer to the ground. A good speed bump could potentially mess things up in that case.
Old 06-19-2008, 01:38 PM
forensicsteve
4th Gear Member

The Hellion system actually sends piping over the axle
Yep. That's what turned me off the Hellion. Looks amazing though and probably an excellent product overall. I was attracted to Powerhouse after talking to two owners that were running 10.9 and 11.00 with Powerhouse turbos on their 4.0 V6.
Old 06-19-2008, 04:07 PM
firestang70
2nd Gear Member

The PH is a great kit. many happy owners. Lower underhood temps, excellent quality,even better customer support. Only con with the kit is its a small operation and they don't keep many kits in stock. So there is a delay in delivery. But if you plan for the future then that should not be an issue.

Quick Reply: Turbo Kit for my 06