Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Lower 1/4 Mile ET: Bolt Ons

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2008, 12:25 AM
2digits
1st Gear Member

Default Lower 1/4 Mile ET: Bolt Ons

Fellow S197 Owners,

As a proud GT owner I feel obligated to maintain order; so to speak. I feel like it is my obligation to uphold Mustang's reputation at every stop light, next to the guy who thinks he car beat a S197.

Ialready have a basic understanding of go fast parts for my Mustang

E.g.
4.10 Gears
CAI & Tuner
Under Pullys

But I'm wondering what would be the most effective way of"going faster"

I'd probably cry if I lost a race against a non domestic

So any information regarding the over all goal of producing more power, and quicker ET's would be great. Of course without breaking the bank.

Unfortunately I don't have Turbo, Positive displacement or Dynamic Supercharger money.

Even weight saving advice would be helpful

I currently Drive a 2006 Windveil Blue GT Vert 5spd
Old 06-22-2008, 03:08 AM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Lower 1/4 Mile ET: Bolt Ons

that's a good basic set up you got right there.I have the C&L racer CAI/tune and with 4.10s going in soon it should really haul ***

Old 06-22-2008, 07:39 AM
bodyman
2nd Gear Member

also go with delete plates and a drive shaft.
Old 06-22-2008, 08:10 AM
Boss919
2nd Gear Member

Nitrous, or cams and headers.
Old 06-22-2008, 12:24 PM
2digits
1st Gear Member

A bit of a misunderstanding.

My current modlist includes: Antenna Delete, Removed Spoiler (Welding up the holes soon) & Anthracite Deep Dish Bullitt Wheels (20"x10" / 20x8.5") Expected to arrive July 1st.

The E.g. was suppose to be an example of a good basic setup.

Regarding Nitous, can you run a 100-200 shot with stock internals? And which is better Wet or Dry?

My main consern is that a Vert weights 300lbs more then a hardtop Coupe, and might slow me down.

I am currently trying to find the perfect mix of "go fast parts" and daily driving pleasure. I'd also like to pick up drifting; even though its just a fad. Basically I want to be able to hold my own in all aspects of car culture.

Future PlannedMod's
-Full SLP Exhaust (SLP LongTube Headers, SLP Short X Pipe Catted, SLP Axle Back Loudmouths)
-Steeda Underpullys
-Hurst Short Throw Shifter
-Full Synthetic Fluid Change (Royal Purple)
-Strut Tower Bracer
-JLT Intake & X Cal-2 (BrenSpeed) Tunner
-H&R Race Lowering Springs

I plan on getting my Future Modlist installed, and payed for by this time next year. Or sooner.

Attatched is a picture of mycar 3 days after I bought it. Taken with a Crappy camera phone

[IMG]local://upfiles/98743/1CFFD1D8DD1C4C2F9503B5E5AF5B66FB.jpg[/IMG]
Old 06-22-2008, 12:36 PM
AmericanMuscle4.6GT
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 2digits

Fellow S197 Owners,

As a proud GT owner I feel obligated to maintain order; so to speak. I feel like it is my obligation to uphold Mustang's reputation at every stop light, next to the guy who thinks he car beat a S197.

Ialready have a basic understanding of go fast parts for my Mustang

E.g.
4.10 Gears
CAI & Tuner
Under Pullys

But I'm wondering what would be the most effective way of"going faster"

I'd probably cry if I lost a race against a non domestic

So any information regarding the over all goal of producing more power, and quicker ET's would be great. Of course without breaking the bank.

Unfortunately I don't have Turbo, Positive displacement or Dynamic Supercharger money.

Even weight saving advice would be helpful

I currently Drive a 2006 Windveil Blue GT Vert 5spd

then you better get some tissues or build up your car. there are some pretty fast imports out there

but in reality........cai/tune, exhaust, 4.10's and some decent tires will be enough to take on most comers. get a whipple and you probably won't encounter anyone who will even give you a good challenge, save for a z06 or something.
Old 06-22-2008, 03:32 PM
2digits
1st Gear Member

Lol!

I was kind of hoping by starting this thread that someS197 ownerswould post there modlist, and 1/4mile times. But I guess I'm asking to much as a "Noob".

Old 06-22-2008, 03:45 PM
graygt07
2nd Gear Member

nitrous system is the best low $ bang for the buck.a 150 shot and a tune will put you in front of most cars. that will give you around a 12.5@112 1/4 mile car. with the rest stock. my mods and 1/4 times in my sig.
Old 06-22-2008, 06:51 PM
downriverT
3rd Gear Member

Best way to improve 1/4 et's is tires and driver mod.
Old 06-23-2008, 08:32 AM
BudgetPlan1
1st Gear Member

13.7@103.7

C&L Street w/ Brenspeed 93 Octane tune, 3.31 gears, 5-speed, 2008 GT w/ 1500 miles.

Obviously the weak point in this equation is the driver, I suck at it. Having 3.73's installed soon so the driver-suckage will become even more pronounced. From what I've read once you start making more power the weak link becomes actually getting it to the ground. That, I think, is when you start getting into rear suspensio mods to get the traction you need.

The Vette w/ automatic and 2.73's is a simple punch and go proposition, will run 12.8@110mph all day long w/ no real attention paid to driving technique and not really hard on the car. The Mustang w/ the 5-speed is a much trickier proposition.

Best mod there is: Driver mod; become proficient at it and you'll smack around similar cars w/ more HP.

Quick Reply: Lower 1/4 Mile ET: Bolt Ons