Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Picked up my car from ST Motorsports and

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2008, 07:21 PM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Default RE: Picked up my car from ST Motorsports and

so the conversion is done Jon and I am glad your happy with the "new" ride!!!!!!!!!! She is sweet and glad she runs so well!!!!! Congrats!
Enjoy the fruits of your money and Adams labor!!!
Old 06-26-2008, 09:51 PM
CataclysmGT
4th Gear Member

Yeah John, I missed out on your partially broken in clutch. I was pretty set on a 6 speed TR6060 upgrade which requires a 26T disk. While I was debating the $4500 extra in cost, Adam sold the clutch (which is good for him, I can't complain since I said I would get the 6 speed). I asked him if he was sure under my driving conditions that the stock input shaft would not twist, and he is pretty confident that it won't as long as I don't do any 6000 RPM clutch drops @ the track. Well, I don't drag race or run DR's.......so I should be good. In the end I pay a bit more for the same clutch (while having to break it in....sigh) but save the $4500 I was going to spend on the 6 speed swap.

We are still planning are route back from San Bernardino, hopefully it works out that we can meet up.
Old 06-26-2008, 10:02 PM
SONICBOOST3
2nd Gear Member

Your car is awesome! Did you get dyno numbers?
Old 06-26-2008, 10:13 PM
sawyer
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: CataclysmGT

Yeah John, I missed out on your partially broken in clutch. I was pretty set on a 6 speed TR6060 upgrade which requires a 26T disk. While I was debating the $4500 extra in cost, Adam sold the clutch (which is good for him, I can't complain since I said I would get the 6 speed). I asked him if he was sure under my driving conditions that the stock input shaft would not twist, and he is pretty confident that it won't as long as I don't do any 6000 RPM clutch drops @ the track. Well, I don't drag race or run DR's.......so I should be good. In the end I pay a bit more for the same clutch (while having to break it in....sigh) but save the $4500 I was going to spend on the 6 speed swap.

We are still planning are route back from San Bernardino, hopefully it works out that we can meet up.
You should be fine, mine snapped with dr's at 630 rwhp. But the clutch clamped like a mother.

Let me know when you come through.
Old 06-26-2008, 10:15 PM
sawyer
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SONICBOOST3

Your car is awesome! Did you get dyno numbers?
Thanks!
639 rwhp with the manual and 595 with the auto.

http://www.modernmustangmuscle.com/t...mustanggt.html

Old 06-27-2008, 06:19 AM
ybnormal
2nd Gear Member

Congrats on getting your car finished and done right!!!!!!! wish I was close to ST motorsports so I could get them on mine. (I live in east coast Va.) I bet that list of parts looks as long as the grocery List for a small country. Whenswapping out to the 4r70 did you get a stall conv. installed, was the driveshaft custom made for your car also? Im am sure its got to be piece of mind having a good shop doing the work and that fortified block.
You built what most of us wish we could afford.
good luck with itand hopeYou have a long life with it...
Old 06-27-2008, 09:50 AM
sawyer
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ybnormal

Congrats on getting your car finished and done right!!!!!!! wish I was close to ST motorsports so I could get them on mine. (I live in east coast Va.) I bet that list of parts looks as long as the grocery List for a small country. Whenswapping out to the 4r70 did you get a stall conv. installed, was the driveshaft custom made for your car also? Im am sure its got to be piece of mind having a good shop doing the work and that fortified block.
You built what most of us wish we could afford.
good luck with itand hopeYou have a long life with it...
Yeah, There is no way I could sit here and remember even 80% of that list[&:]I have a converter that locks at 2900 which is great for the stree/track application. I actually get alot more trackion now vs. my manual and 100 less rwhp.
The reason I had everything done is that I drove over 1000 miles and I knew it would be done right.
I am not sure how long of a life this motor will have[8D] I am having fun now though. Yesterday a couple guys in an Infinity were trying to pass me and I put two blocks on them
Old 06-27-2008, 11:35 AM
sawyer
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: modaddict

Once you go 4r70 - you never look back...
Hey Mark, how is your build coming along? I want to see some pics!
Old 06-27-2008, 11:38 AM
blackS197
4th Gear Member

2 blocks? i like that one.
Old 06-27-2008, 11:48 AM
onederful100
6th Gear Member

congrats on getting the ride back. must be scary fast!
how about some video

Quick Reply: Picked up my car from ST Motorsports and