Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

262 bucks for shipping?

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2008, 03:50 PM
sactown
4th Gear Member

Default RE: 262 bucks for shipping?

That's sounds about right, I have my own business and had a new customer order 40 cases of stuff from me and wanted it shipped to Australia cost of product 1830.00 cost for shipping ups4300.00 needless to say the order did not go through.
Old 07-02-2008, 04:09 PM
Brian_Zinchuk
4th Gear Member

I'm not trying to insult anyone I just want to know if I should get it shipped cheap to my bro in cali then he can break it down into little flat rate boxes that cost 9 bucks a pop. All I would like to know is about how much this stuff weighs to see what would be cheaper. sorry if I offened anyone.
Old 07-02-2008, 04:58 PM
probinator
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Brian_Zinchuk

I'm not trying to insult anyone I just want to know if I should get it shipped cheap to my bro in cali then he can break it down into little flat rate boxes that cost 9 bucks a pop. All I would like to know is about how much this stuff weighs to see what would be cheaper. sorry if I offened anyone.

Yeah thats way to pricey....Vendor or not try to talk to them and see how they shipping it. Im only in cali and it
Old 07-02-2008, 09:20 PM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

I dont think you offended anyone (except the one that responded to you) and I totally understand where you are coming from but IMO 262 dollars is about right for shipping to HI. If you can get it to Cali first and shipped individually that might save you some dollars! Thanks for the explanation as to what you were thinking to keep shipping down. Probably would not have gotten that comment if that was included in the original post..... but who knows

Old 07-02-2008, 09:36 PM
onederful100
6th Gear Member

you might want to see if they can ship freight, some places will ship freight, others won't. i also live in HI and shipping is a SOB here. just like everything else here in HI, you pay to live in paradise. where do you live in HI?
Old 07-02-2008, 09:41 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

i think the rotors are closer to 50lbs actually, cant remember how much my box was, but it was pretty heavy
Old 07-02-2008, 10:01 PM
onederful100
6th Gear Member

Brian Zinchuck, i see you are interested in a SC, if you think the shipping on the brakes are bad, just wait untill you order the SC!
the shipping on my headers was over 200 too.
Old 07-02-2008, 11:33 PM
Legion5
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mygt500

I dont think you offended anyone (except the one that responded to you) and I totally understand where you are coming from but IMO 262 dollars is about right for shipping to HI. If you can get it to Cali first and shipped individually that might save you some dollars! Thanks for the explanation as to what you were thinking to keep shipping down. Probably would not have gotten that comment if that was included in the original post..... but who knows

Don't you think that you are the one being unreasonable in any way... especially after they are just doing their job? Keep in mind it's just as easy to ask "How much is it to ship 4 brake rotors and a Pro-kit to hawaii from XY", i'm not saying that's right or wrong but it could get more replies than being mean, and forward in what you're saying. Dealing with assumptions is a bit of a waste of time for forumers and such especially when they are obviously false but asking questions works all the time.
Old 07-02-2008, 11:44 PM
gandyj
1st Gear Member

I just got the shipping information on four rotors that I ordered last night, they weigh 67 lbs.
Old 07-02-2008, 11:44 PM
Mishri
Mish-ogynist

just wait till they build that bridge to HI.. it'll be cheap then

And yes.. Nobody should be offended by your comment there.. someone needs to settle down a bit.. it is called imperformance afterall.. sounds alot like imperfect to me [8D]

yes.. ships still go to hawaii so it is possible to send it a way other than air.. I lived there briefly.. Remember.. if you guys have a shipping strike stock up on TP!

and 262 doesn't sound too ridicilous considering how much it weighs, but if you can get it shipped for cheaper and don't mind waiting would be awesome if you could cut it in half on cost.

Quick Reply: 262 bucks for shipping?