Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

ROUSH delivers up to 700-hp with new supercharger for Mustang GT

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2008, 11:26 PM
EMichael
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: ROUSH delivers up to 700-hp with new supercharger for Mustang GT

so if you put this on your stock GT, it pushes you from 300hp to 510hp? wow thats good
Old 07-13-2008, 01:39 AM
cenotaph
1st Gear Member

The upgrade is no bargain for current Roush SC owners, that's for sure.
Old 07-13-2008, 08:15 AM
Diabolical!
5th Gear Member

It's no bargain at all. It's still a roots, and it maxes out at 700hp, which means it is still outgunned by every centri and twin screw on the market for our cars. Roush FTL.
Old 07-13-2008, 09:09 AM
TJ
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: nineinchnail1024

It's no bargain at all. It's still a roots, and it maxes out at 700hp, which means it is still outgunned by every centri and twin screw on the market for our cars. Roush FTL.

Nineinchnail can you postsome links of a stock kit supercharger TS Whipple 2.3 or Saleen producing 700hp on a S197 3v?

I’d be interested in reading it as I haven’t seen any that I can remember or think of.
Old 07-13-2008, 11:33 AM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: TJ

Nineinchnail can you postsome links of a stock kit supercharger TS Whipple 2.3 or Saleen producing 700hp on a S197 3v?

I’d be interested in reading it as I haven’t seen any that I can remember or think of.
That's 700 crank hp i'm sure. There are a few 2.3 whipples out there making that kind of power on just a forged short block. None of these superchargers are going to produce that kind of power without changing a bunch of stuff though. The 700hp claim is just to sell superchargers. Why doesn't saleen or whipple claim a max hp number? Because they don't have a poor performance rep to overcome like roush.
Old 07-13-2008, 11:43 AM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

This guy has one of the faster whipple gts that still uses the stock cams and 281 cubes.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2356629

577rwhp through an auto is probably around 700 flywheel, 16psi.
Old 07-13-2008, 12:20 PM
TJ
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: moosestang

This guy has one of the faster whipple gts that still uses the stock cams and 281 cubes.

Yea I agree on the 700hp crank TVS (600-610rwhp)but still that is very good for a stock S/C kit. I haven’t seenany Whipple or Saleen pull that (610 rwhp w/F -SB)) out of a stock kit.

The link you posted I know that guy from reading at ModF but remember he added around $1400-$1800.00 worth of custom intake work on the Whipple S/C to get that 577rwhp. I mean he is pulling some great numbers but that is not on a stock Whipple SC kit.

I think just the preliminary info and numbers we are starting to hear about from this TVS if true is impressive from a stock kit.

I think the old way of thinking that the roots S/C are inferior to the TS for efficiency/HP vs TS is no longer valid if these numbers are close to being true on these new TVS style roots. The only other thing need to see are the ACT’s but looking at (&other info I have read) these type of numbers they might not and should notbe bad.

I know also really need to see some RWHP & ET’s (data) but this TVS so far (w/F-SB) looks very interesting/impressive imo so far.

Old 07-13-2008, 12:56 PM
Diabolical!
5th Gear Member

Can you post some links of a stock roush charger kit producing 700hp on an S197 3V?

The article clearly states that the new roush kit is 510hp and can support up to 700hp with additional tuning and modifications, much like the kenne bell and whipple kits which come with around 500hp and are capable of 24psi with the right supporting modifications. Believe me, those modifications are not cheap, and when push comes to shove, twin screws are still more efficient than roots.
Old 07-13-2008, 01:14 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

I'm not really impressed by numbers, but you asked for some........so. At the very least you will need to buy a big mouth throttle body with any supercharger to make big power.

Anyway, dyno numbers are all BS. When someone lays down some got ET's with this roush, then i'll be impressed. Paul is making some impressive numbers on the track for having a basically stock engine (forged rotating assembly, no stroker) and only 16 lbs of boost.

I would not buy a supercharger kit because it could possibly make more hp than some other kit, but i'm not driving a race car or some weekend warrior. I would have seriously considered this roush at the price stated, especially if it comes with a 3 year warranty.

ORIGINAL: moosestang

Yea I agree on the 700hp crank TVS (600-610rwhp)but still that is very good for a stock S/C kit. I haven’t seenany Whipple or Saleen pull that (610 rwhp w/F -SB)) out of a stock kit.

The link you posted I know that guy from reading at ModF but remember he added around $1400-$1800.00 worth of custom intake work on the Whipple S/C to get that 577rwhp. I mean he is pulling some great numbers but that is not on a stock Whipple SC kit.

I think just the preliminary info and numbers we are starting to hear about from this TVS if true is impressive from a stock kit.

I think the old way of thinking that the roots S/C are inferior to the TS for efficiency/HP vs TS is no longer valid if these numbers are close to being true on these new TVS style roots. The only other thing need to see are the ACT’s but looking at (&other info I have read) these type of numbers they might not and should notbe bad.

I know also really need to see some RWHP & ET’s (data) but this TVS so far (w/F-SB) looks very interesting/impressive imo so far.

Old 07-13-2008, 01:22 PM
LilRoush
6th Gear Member

Can you post some links of a stock roush charger kit producing 700hp on an S197 3V?

The article clearly states that the new roush kit is 510hp and can support up to 700hp with additional tuning and modifications, much like the kenne bell and whipple kits which come with around 500hp and are capable of 24psi with the right supporting modifications. Believe me, those modifications are not cheap, and when push comes to shove, twin screws are still more efficient than roots.
I think it's six of one, and half dozen of the other. Both this Roush unit and most aftermarket twin screw units are able to make more power than the bottom end can take.

Quick Reply: ROUSH delivers up to 700-hp with new supercharger for Mustang GT