Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

steeda vs. jlt cai

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2008, 10:32 AM
06ScreaminYellow

Default steeda vs. jlt cai

Hey guys,I am looking to get a newCAI but can't decide between the Steeda or the JLT. With theSCT tune theJLT says gains will be 28-32 rwhp, however the Steeda says theirs is 35-40 rwhp. Is it really that much of a difference? Your opinions please.
Old 07-12-2008, 11:38 AM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

Default RE: steeda vs. jlt cai

No the 38hp is not real world gains......the CAIs are about equal and the tunes for them should get about the same gains
Old 07-12-2008, 11:46 AM
Mudflap
5th Gear Member

Yeah get the cheaper one IMO.
Old 07-12-2008, 12:45 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: howarmat

No the 38hp is not real world gains......the CAIs are about equal and the tunes for them should get about the same gains
^ +1
Old 07-12-2008, 11:06 PM
SANANTONIO06GT
2nd Gear Member

Have had my JLT since Nov, used it on my 06 and now my 08. The throttle body elbow is jacked up, it doesnt fit well to the throttle body. The MAF would not sit in the plastic tube right, it would come loose, so I had to add a hose clamp. IMO, way too may hose clamps, looks like crap! SOLUTION: Bought a Steeda CAI and new tunes. You get what you pay for, trust me.
Old 07-13-2008, 02:19 AM
Mishri
Mish-ogynist

I agree with sanantonio06GT.. riptide has the JLT 2 and I have the steeda.. steeda IMO looks better, and seems like it has better construction quality.. and was worth the extra expense.. I was also told i would get a discount on a stage 2 brenspeed package because I chose the steeda.. dunno if thats true or not yet.. but im hoping it is
Old 07-13-2008, 03:55 AM
SANANTONIO06GT
2nd Gear Member

Im sure you can add some sealant to MAF and the plastic tube to ensure it would stay in place. But after torqing down on a hose clamp on the tube, the paint got jacked. The elbow is a little warped at the t.b end. I could of cut the end of it even and reinstalled it, but decided to go with another one. Just waiting on the Steeda and tunes from Brenspeed.
Old 07-13-2008, 04:45 PM
HazardSports
2nd Gear Member

I have the Steeda CAI / Inlet elbow/ Steeda-Diablo 93 tune. I LOVE IT. Thereflash gives you muchawesome throttle response. You can blip between downshifts - notpossible with OEM program.Someguyson the forumshave saidthe steeda tune is mild and the inlet elbowwarps under heat. I have had NO PROBLEMS. (my inlet elbow is plastic and not carbon). You're doing the right thing by doing some research. I believe the popular opinion is that they are not much different - comes down to quality of product -vs- quantity of cash you want to part with forTHIS particular item. (I personally like the look of the Steed also).
Old 07-13-2008, 05:30 PM
JimsGT
3rd Gear Member

I had a JLT II CAI and didn't like its fit, it wasn't sturdy, and the heat shiel around the filter is real cheap, IMO.

I got the Steeda w/ the plastic elbow, what a difference! Fits great, solid, doesn't move easily, and to me, looks 100% better, and the heat shield is real sturdy, made of metal!

My vote's for Steeda
Old 07-13-2008, 06:37 PM
Mikes_BLK_GT
4th Gear Member

My airaid kicks *** over all the rest....................imo of course

Quick Reply: steeda vs. jlt cai