Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Eibach Pro-kit worst directions ever!!!

Old 07-12-2008, 10:44 PM
Brian_Zinchuk
4th Gear Member

Default Eibach Pro-kit worst directions ever!!!

So today I installed my Eibach Pro-kit and had some problems. In the end my buddy and I realized if we had good direction we could have had it done in an hour. We got the first wheel off and did all the same stuff that he did when he installed the springs on his car. We didn't realize that we need to completely detach the shock from the axle. After looking at it for 30 mins we saw what needed to be done. Did anyone else have a hard time installing there springs because of lack of direction from Eibach?
Old 07-13-2008, 01:17 AM
ChiDiddy
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Eibach Pro-kit worst directions ever!!!

there are plenty of DIY instructions on the forums....not just this one, but others as well. I installed my springs w/o any instructions from Eibach, just good ol' internet searching.

you should research before doing anything, esp if u've never done suspension work before.
Old 07-13-2008, 02:05 AM
Stoenr
5th Gear Member

Anyone that knows anything should know that you need to detach it from the axle in order to allow the axle to drop to squeeze the spring out.
But I agree, for the inexperienced, the directions were not the best.

An hour for all 4? I think not. Not even with power tools, a rack, and a spring compressor.
Took me 3 hours to do all 4, steeda bump steer kit, and alignment at the shop with 2 guys.
I did struts/shocks also.
Old 07-13-2008, 04:28 AM
Brian_Zinchuk
4th Gear Member

Ya all I did was the springs and once we got past the first wheel it only took 15 mins per. My buddy had done it twice before but on a 99' cobra and a 03' GT. I didn't even think that it would be so different, but hey we all learn from our mistakes.
Stoenr: I read in the little direction that was there that you are suposed to get your alignment checked after installing the springs. The place that I used didn't have that option, but my car felt fine on the way home (about a 15 mile drive). Do you really think its that important when your just changing out the springs?
Old 07-13-2008, 04:34 AM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

ORIGINAL: Brian_Zinchuk

Ya all I did was the springs and once we got past the first wheel it only took 15 mins per. My buddy had done it twice before but on a 99' cobra and a 03' GT. I didn't even think that it would be so different, but hey we all learn from our mistakes.
Stoenr: I read in the little direction that was there that you are suposed to get your alignment checked after installing the springs. The place that I used didn't have that option, but my car felt fine on the way home (about a 15 mile drive). Do you really think its that important when your just changing out the springs?
yes.....you might not feel anything, 5k later your tires are shot and im guessing since you opted for the wheels you did that the tires are not cheap. Suspension 101, always have the car aligned after altering it.
Old 07-13-2008, 05:50 AM
Brian_Zinchuk
4th Gear Member

sounds good, will do on monday.
Old 07-13-2008, 10:54 PM
1nasty05
2nd Gear Member

didnt have a problem installing my sportlines i didt even look at the instructions i just did it from a little reading online wasnt hard at all the only hard part was trying to find a place to get an alignment at because every place told me my car was to low to get on the rack
Old 07-14-2008, 02:54 PM
wasvette
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Brian_Zinchuk

So today I installed my Eibach Pro-kit and had some problems. In the end my buddy and I realized if we had good direction we could have had it done in an hour. We got the first wheel off and did all the same stuff that he did when he installed the springs on his car. We didn't realize that we need to completely detach the shock from the axle. After looking at it for 30 mins we saw what needed to be done. Did anyone else have a hard time installing there springs because of lack of direction from Eibach?
Brian - How's the ride? Have you had a chance to drive over any rough roads yet?
Old 07-14-2008, 04:17 PM
drbobvs
5th Gear Member

As far as the alignment, your toe may be a little out, but that's about it.
Old 07-14-2008, 04:40 PM
Brian_Zinchuk
4th Gear Member

Not to much different, a little more bouncy then before but the I can't feel the bumps as much. The way it looks now it was worth it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Eibach Pro-kit worst directions ever!!!