Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Lethal Performance triple hat fuel system

Old 07-15-2008, 12:43 PM
PLstang
5th Gear Member

Default Lethal Performance triple hat fuel system

Been awhile since I've been on here.

Anyways, just finished upgrading my fuel system. The GT500 motor was starting to starve a bit at WOT.

I decided to go with the new LP triple hat fuel system. Well put together kit. Comes with everything you need. I did modify a couple items (I prefer a different line and connector in the engine compartment).

We took it to the track for a little testing and it appears now we have a little spark blow out going on. We also may be a little rich on the transbrake and need to lean it off a little. However, these are welcome problems as we were able to turn up the boost.

Here are a couple pic's.

I have some finished pictures but their on my camera in my truck (bought a new truck the other day and it's getting a few things done to it). I'll post them later.
Old 07-15-2008, 01:16 PM
onederful100
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Lethal Performance triple hat fuel system

how much boost you running for that 670 rwhp, and is it w/ a 3.4L whipple?
and how much boost/hp would you be at to warrant this triple pump hat?
looks like a nice setup tho.
Old 07-15-2008, 01:19 PM
PLstang
5th Gear Member

I'm running 16lb's of boost and a 125 shoot of nitrous.

I'm actualy running a ported Eaton (guess I didn't post that mod).

Old 07-15-2008, 01:22 PM
PLstang
5th Gear Member

The fuel system is good upto 1100 hp. However, my 670 is through a heavy automatic trans. That would equate to almost 800+/- in my old 6 speed trans.
Old 07-15-2008, 01:32 PM
onederful100
6th Gear Member

very nice!
i remember reading you got the engine out of a GT500, but before this triple pump, did you have the GT500 fuel pump?
Old 07-15-2008, 01:37 PM
PLstang
5th Gear Member

Never went to a GT500 pump set up. Ran a GT40 pump with a boost a pump and was still able to run a 10.30 in the quarter with no issues.

However, when we ported the blower and added the innovators west overdrive pulley it was getting lean on the top end.

I'm looking at doing a little more tunning now. The car may be a little rich coming off the transbrake and we appear to have a little spark blow out happening.

We'll be installing a Boost a Spark and leaning her out on the transbrake next week when we get back from Joliet.
Old 07-15-2008, 10:03 PM
Boostaddict
Former Sponsor

Thanks for posting bro. Damn you work quick. Didn't I ship that system like 3 days ago..LOL

Keep us posted on how the system works out for you. If you have any questions or need anything else please give me a call.

Thanks, Jared

Old 07-16-2008, 08:15 AM
PLstang
5th Gear Member

I don't like to wait. Strictly Perofrmance did a fantastic job.

We did change a few things. We opted for steel braided fuel lines in the engine compartment. Just didn't care for the the push fittings and nylon braided in there. I'm sure it would have been fine but it was a personnel preferance thing.

We tapped the fuel line on the drivers side so our nitrous kit would have a shorter fuel line instead of running behind the S/C. We put a pipe plug in the extra hole in the passenger side rail.

We used electrical heat shrink on the ends off the nylon braided fuel lines to prevent fraying at the cuts.

Other then those couple of items which are mostly, as I mentioned, personnal preference things the kit was complete and well put together.
Old 07-16-2008, 08:31 AM
Boostaddict
Former Sponsor

ORIGINAL: PLstang

I don't like to wait. Strictly Perofrmance did a fantastic job.

We did change a few things. We opted for steel braided fuel lines in the engine compartment. Just didn't care for the the push fittings and nylon braided in there. I'm sure it would have been fine but it was a personnel preferance thing.

We tapped the fuel line on the drivers side so our nitrous kit would have a shorter fuel line instead of running behind the S/C. We put a pipe plug in the extra hole in the passenger side rail.

We used electrical heat shrink on the ends off the nylon braided fuel lines to prevent fraying at the cuts.

Other then those couple of items which are mostly, as I mentioned, personnal preference things the kit was complete and well put together.
Thanks for the info Eric. Glad you like the kit. As mentioned before please let me know if there's anything else I can help you with. Jared

Old 07-16-2008, 08:31 AM
forensicsteve
4th Gear Member

Very interesting and excitingfuel setup.How are you using the 125 shot?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Lethal Performance triple hat fuel system