Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

anybody with tips for measuring and marking centerline for shaker hood?

Old 07-17-2008, 01:57 AM
frarmar

Default anybody with tips for measuring and marking centerline for shaker hood?

Like the title says. Anybody WHO HAS ACTUALLY DONE THIS please give me a detailed description on how you measured for, and physically marked the centerline of the hood.

I assume you can split the differencebetween the windshield "pee-ers" at the rear.

I also assume that the ridge in the middle of the hood is exact center. If so, what is a good way of marking this line?

I appreciate your help, tips, or moral support.
Old 07-17-2008, 07:59 AM
ybnormal
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: anybody with tips for measuring and marking centerline for shaker hood?

See Taco bills How to guide section.+
I know the search function sucks so here is a link.
https://mustangforums.com/m_3111818/tm.htm
Old 07-17-2008, 09:57 AM
Boozshey
5th Gear Member

Default RE: anybody with tips for measuring and marking centerline for shaker hood?

I put some tape down the center so that I could see the laser level that I had set up. Then I just measures the laser line back and fourth until it was even on top and bottom. Took about 15 minutes total.

Old 07-17-2008, 10:32 AM
frarmar

ORIGINAL: Boozshey

I put some tape down the center so that I could see the laser level that I had set up. Then I just measures the laser line back and fourth until it was even on top and bottom. Took about 15 minutes total.

Cool. I bought a cheap laser level, but it doesn't seem to cast the beam over the slope of the hood. pos.
Old 07-17-2008, 07:32 PM
Boozshey
5th Gear Member

Move it forward more then. Mine might have sat a little higher than the one you bought also. But it was just a $5.00 one at Harbor Freight that I used.
Old 07-17-2008, 08:02 PM
TPony
6th Gear Member

If someone could send you the roush templete used for the intsll of hood scoop that would be great....it would be perfect for this type of work...unfortunately I threw mine away two yrs ago...
Old 07-18-2008, 08:47 AM
RF2.1
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ybnormal

See Taco bills How to guide section.+
I know the search function sucks so here is a link.
https://mustangforums.com/m_3111818/tm.htm
+1 for Taco Bill's write ups. I haven't done a shaker hood, but I have read his write up on the subject and it's very well done. All of his stuff is immensely helpful.

David
Old 07-18-2008, 09:38 AM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

ORIGINAL: TPony

If someone could send you the roush templete used for the intsll of hood scoop that would be great....it would be perfect for this type of work...unfortunately I threw mine away two yrs ago...
I have a Roush Hoodscoop template if so desired.
I used the Ford logo in the windshield glass at the bottom to center
the roush hoodscoop template. And the squirter nozzles.