Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Bamachips...whos running their tunes?

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2008, 01:01 PM
Mikes_BLK_GT
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Bamachips...whos running their tunes?

Race is what I'm running on my dd right now, its the only bama tune I have and I switch between it and brenspeeds tune.
Old 07-17-2008, 01:30 PM
Kaisoboy
1st Gear Member

Thanks for the input. Much appreciated.

Cheers
Old 07-17-2008, 02:11 PM
DarkFireGT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: reusty2k5

I use the 93 race tune for daily driving and LOVE IT!

Doug's service has been fantastic too.
Same here. I tried all the tunes, but the Race tune has it all. It has the torque of the torque tune, with the power up top of the performance tune, plus a more responsive pedal.

Honestly, no reason to switch between a 89 and 91 tune. The cost difference is maybe a couple dollars a tank. The extra performance you get out of the higher octane race tune is well worth it. It's good to have one on hand, in case you get stranded. But changing octanes is a pain. If you plan on filling up for 91 just to race, you have to wait 'till your tank is on empty, then fill. So if you forget and fill up earlier in the week, there goes that.
Old 07-17-2008, 02:42 PM
Black Sunshine 07
2nd Gear Member

The race tune is the best of both worlds. it has the same torque down low as the torque tune; so i don't know why anyone would chose the torque tune over the race tune.
Old 07-17-2008, 04:11 PM
EMichael
3rd Gear Member

when you switch between the 87 and 91 or 93 tunes, does that mean you can only switch when you fillup on gas and get diff octanes? i always get 93 octane gas, so i was thinking of the 93 race tune..
Old 07-17-2008, 04:28 PM
bolivianpimp
4th Gear Member

Hey guys i have a granatelli intake on my 08 GT. The guys at Brenspeed told me to get a tuner and a tune, i have to remove the MAF sensor. Is the bama chips better than brenspeed? What tuner do you guys recommend?
Old 07-17-2008, 10:06 PM
Black Sunshine 07
2nd Gear Member

yes you have to be running the same octance or higher gas as the tune you flash with. i.e. do not install a 93 octane tune if you have 87 octance gas in your tank.
Old 07-17-2008, 10:44 PM
gman73
5th Gear Member

Earlier this week I as using his 91 tq. tune. It did have more pep than the 87 per. tune. Tonight I loaded the 91 race tune, but have yet to try it.
Old 07-18-2008, 12:13 AM
Mudflap
5th Gear Member

I am running a 91 Octane Race tune. Don't be deterred about the warning on the site about drivability around town, etc. Trust me, its just fine. Doug is awesome to deal with, and updates tunes for free.
Old 07-18-2008, 12:19 AM
Mudflap
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bolivianpimp

Hey guys i have a granatelli intake on my 08 GT. The guys at Brenspeed told me to get a tuner and a tune, i have to remove the MAF sensor. Is the bama chips better than brenspeed? What tuner do you guys recommend?
Brenspeed and Bama are both reputable and both provide good service. I have run both, and I personally think the Bama tunes for my particular car are better. I'd recommend buying the tuner package from one, then just buying a single tune file from the other to try out. Run what you like the best...

The Bama race tune really just makes my car run perfectly. It behaves nicely around town, but when i get into the throttle the inner demon is unleashed. The Brenspeed tune feels muchmore raw and unrefined to me. It has lots more throttle lag in my auto, and shifts quite hard even under light throttle making driving around town not very smooth.

Quick Reply: Bamachips...whos running their tunes?