Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Mods That Will Not Void Warranty

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2008, 07:54 PM
blueherd02gt
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Mods That Will Not Void Warranty

My car is not stock and I still have a warranty...It's just not with ford. I have warranties on every item I've bought for my car, and the shop that put them in honors that warranty. It's all in how you see things. Plus I trust my shop a whole hell of alot more than I trust the ford "techs".
Old 07-18-2008, 07:56 PM
Heavyg72
3rd Gear Member

Like most have said...most go fast parts will void your warranty if they cause the problem. If you can live without the warranty then don't worry about it and enjoy!
Old 07-18-2008, 08:08 PM
danGT06
3rd Gear Member

They just warrany the Whipple right and what they installed? I kinda doubt a shop would buy you a new engine if yours blows up.
ORIGINAL: blueherd02gt

My car is not stock and I still have a warranty...It's just not with ford. I have warranties on every item I've bought for my car, and the shop that put them in honors that warranty. It's all in how you see things. Plus I trust my shop a whole hell of alot more than I trust the ford "techs".
Old 07-18-2008, 08:38 PM
blueherd02gt
5th Gear Member

If it is in their custom tune they would. Look I am just stating my situation. I'm not sure what will cause an engine to blow in my setup, but if it does go I had fun with what it was. I have, however used my warranty with them and had these types of conversations with my tuner. I'msure that if I beat on my car and destroy my engine that blame goes soley on me. Even if you beat on your stock car and blow a connecting rod, the dealer will investigate the cause... You better be getting your oil changes from the dealer, they will void you if Walmart's been under your hood.. My point is, I can work on my car, so I decided to get blown. If you can't work on your car, stay stock. If there is an undertaking that would be more time consuming than the time I've had with this car, I have taken it to my tunerbecause I'll pay for convieniance. My blower was installed by my tuner, Whipple warranty's it's part and my tuner warranty's his work. He's installed over 70 of these kits alone on s197's... And tuned hundreds more.

ORIGINAL: danGT06

They just warrany the Whipple right and what they installed? I kinda doubt a shop would buy you a new engine if yours blows up.
ORIGINAL: blueherd02gt

Old 07-19-2008, 11:35 AM
pitchdogg
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: onederful100

the best mods are the ones that void the warranty
yessuh!!!
Old 07-19-2008, 12:13 PM
Mishri
Mish-ogynist

My dealership told me that I had to have atleast 2 oil changes a year from any oil/lube place didnt matter where as long as I had proof (receipts).. the rest of them I could do myself if I want to. Honestly.. I should be able to just show the receipts of my oil/oil filter purchases as proof because I'd probably do a better job than most of these oil change places do.. I've only had 1 oil change so far.. I'm only at 4,000 miles..
Old 07-19-2008, 03:22 PM
Heavy_Cn

My CAI uses the stock MAF so I asked a tech and he said that it does not void the warranty. As long as I put the tune back to stock before I take it in it will all be good there as well. I am thinking that my next investment will be some FRPP GTA Axlebacks. After that then I will wait awhile and decide if I want to just go all out or not.