Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Part at Mustang Factory broke huh????

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2005, 04:08 PM
wondercoolguy
1st Gear Member

Default Part at Mustang Factory broke huh????

I just got off the phone with the guy that I order my car through and he said that my convertible mustang that I ordered is going up in price due to some machine breaking at the factory. Has anyone heard about this? I told him to take the car and stick it in his ***! I told him that I'm canceling the check and if he tried to put it through I'd sue him and/or dealership. Anyone heard of this?
Old 05-09-2005, 04:26 PM
Professor Wizard
MF Moderator

Default RE: Part at Mustang Factory broke huh????

Sounds to me like he has a higher bidder and wants to convert your ordered mustang to another person.

First I have heard of this... look on the Blueoval.com - see if there are others. but Highly unlikely.

Old 05-09-2005, 04:27 PM
cmenders
1st Gear Member

Sounds like a load of BS to me! [sm=bs.gif]

I am an analyst for a manufacturing company and equipment breakdowns are a fact of life that we have to deal with internaly. We never jack the prices to our customers when one of our machines goes down.

Sounds like they are trying to get more money out of you or whoever they sell your car to. Good luck!
Old 05-09-2005, 07:01 PM
FlaBlackhawk

Ford has been having quality issues with a number of the new Mustangs. There were recently about 700 Mustangs delayed at the plant because of quality concerns. How much of an increase did he tell you it was going to be? If it is only a hundred dollars or so, it sounds like he was playing around with the priority codes and lost your price protection. If it's a thousand, then he's trying to screw you.
Old 05-09-2005, 07:10 PM
firemedix911
2nd Gear Member

Even if that's true about the machine braking you should have a price protection. Meaning they can't jack the price un your car. They have to sell it to you @ the same price he gave you the day you ordered. It sounds to me like somebody else is giving the guy a little extra money to get your car. I would just complain, and complain. They can't do that.
Old 05-09-2005, 07:35 PM
wondercoolguy
1st Gear Member

Well he said that because of the shortage due to the break of the machine my car is more rare so it makes it worth more.
Old 05-09-2005, 10:05 PM
Tehrab
1st Gear Member

I think PW's got the angle on this one. Don't take it lying down, raise hell, make a scene in their public showroom, the works. You may force them into submission or they'll cough up your deposit and ask you to leave. Dealers fear customer outbursts like the plague and it is a sure-fire way to a quick resolution, it's the riskiest but fastest approach. The alternative is to beat them at their own game and just grind on them til they're sick of hearing from you. This approach takes time, tenacity and an unwavering dedication to bust a dealer's ***** until he works with you. This approach has the highest odds of turning in your favor but can take days.

Good luck.

Old 05-09-2005, 10:42 PM
red05

Sounds like another case of a sleeze salesman trying to pad his pocket using (ebay techniques) sell to the highest bidder forget customer loyalty. I would call a ford customer representative and turn him in. It is against the law to change a legal and binding contract, that is if you have all ready payed for the car or have it in writing that you have agreed on the price and arranged for payment on delivery of car. This will stand up in court just ask a attorney, I am sure there are some attorneys that have been screwed by a salesman who would love to reem him a good one. I would not let this a**hole off this easy. If he was a good salesman he would eat the difference (if any) just for your business. Ford will repremand the dealership and they can have there dealership pulled if they are using bad practices to sell or service ford vechicles. and most owners of dealerships fire sleeze salesmans when their dealership is on the chopping block.
Old 05-09-2005, 10:53 PM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

[sm=noooo.gif]

Smells like bull$hit to me
Old 05-10-2005, 12:48 AM
gt6974a
1st Gear Member

I call BS as well.

Read what the a$$ holes said to me
https://mustangforums.com/m_509810/tm.htm

When I go to order, from another dealer, I'm getting it in writing!

Quick Reply: Part at Mustang Factory broke huh????