Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Brisk sparkplugs

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2008, 12:20 PM
Z06 Killer
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Brisk sparkplugs

ORIGINAL: Lt. Frank Bullitt

ORIGINAL: one eyed *****

ORIGINAL: Lt. Frank Bullitt

ORIGINAL: Z06 Killer

I am running the right now and I love them....... Why? easy to gap and they are the first plug I have ran that did not get spark blowout at higher boost levels! As for the person that said they are not for a GT, do you mean Mustang GT or Ford GT? cuz they have been out for the Mustang GT for a while now! In fact I think they were one of the first to offer a colder plug than stock.
That would be me. I looked for them on their site. Sifted through the cross reference and could not find any that cross referenced the champion 8979's or the Autolite HT1's. If they have them, they must be keeping them secret or more likely, I'm blind. lol
yeah,you might want to get your eyes checked,lol.they are on thier website.
Yea yea yea wise guy! [:@] You don't happen to have a part number for them do you? Save me from straining my eyes any further? lol

Cheers!
I bought them from here... http://www.brenspeed.com/3vr14s.html
part number is 3vr14s and they are under $16
Old 07-30-2008, 11:04 AM
Z06 Killer
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: frdfrst

champs 7989.had the brisk and they failed at about 3000 miles.started to misfire.put the champs in and have about 4000 on them and they are great.
Would love to see some pics of the misfiring Brisks if you have them. This would be the first time I have heard anyone complain about them. What gap where you running? What part number? Are you F/I or N/A?
Old 07-30-2008, 12:37 PM
wilkinda
2010 Section Moderator

ORIGINAL: Goldenpony

ORIGINAL: wilkinda

ORIGINAL: Goldenpony

I looked into them, even called the company and talked to them. They look like a decent plug, but as the guy at Brisk said, they are designed as a racing plug more than one for a DD. Since they are not double platinum, they will have a relatively short life compared to that ofa platinum plug. That's why I went with Champion. I will consider them down the road if they ever come out with a doubleplatinumplug.

2 different Ford dealers here in Florida told me that the Autolite plugs were better performance than the Champions regardless of 1 piece or 2 piece design.

Ipersonally put in the Auto-lites only becauseI could not find the Champions. I also had 46K miles on my car and followed the TSB for plug removal to the word and had no issues getting the plugs out, just use patience.....

Why do you think Ford dealers are buying up lots of the Champion plugs? When the Champions first came out, some guys couldn't get the Champions because Ford dealers were buying them up. Why would Ford dealers tell you the Autolites were better? Could it be because that's what the factory was putting in and that's what the factory wanted the dealers to say? Maybe the factory is worried about a law suit.
All I know is the overwhelming number of posts that I've seen from those that installed Champions were positive. If you want the Autolites, knock yourself out. My car is running better than it ever has, and I don't have to pull & clean the plugs every 5,000 miles so they won't break off AGAIN. Just my $.02 worth.
Down boy down!!! I simply stated the info that my Ford dealer and another gave me. AsI stated.. I went looking for champions but could not find any. Would have had to order them and with my traveling schedule I did not know when the next best time for me to change the plugs were, soI went with Auto-lites...
Old 07-30-2008, 01:10 PM
Goldenpony
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Brisk spark plugs

ORIGINAL: wilkenda

ORIGINAL: Golden pony

ORIGINAL: wilkenda

ORIGINAL: Golden pony

I looked into them, even called the company and talked to them. They look like a decent plug, but as the guy at Brisk said, they are designed as a racing plug more than one for a DD. Since they are not double platinum, they will have a relatively short life compared to that ofa platinum plug. That's why I went with Champion. I will consider them down the road if they ever come out with a doubleplatinumplug.

2 different Ford dealers here in Florida told me that the Autolite plugs were better performance than the Champions regardless of 1 piece or 2 piece design.

Ipersonally put in the Auto-lites only becauseI could not find the Champions. I also had 46K miles on my car and followed the TSB for plug removal to the word and had no issues getting the plugs out, just use patience.....

Why do you think Ford dealers are buying up lots of the Champion plugs? When the Champions first came out, some guys couldn't get the Champions because Ford dealers were buying them up. Why would Ford dealers tell you the Autolites were better? Could it be because that's what the factory was putting in and that's what the factory wanted the dealers to say? Maybe the factory is worried about a law suit.
All I know is the overwhelming number of posts that I've seen from those that installed Champions were positive. If you want the Autolites, knock yourself out. My car is running better than it ever has, and I don't have to pull & clean the plugs every 5,000 miles so they won't break off AGAIN. Just my $.02 worth.
Down boy down!!! I simply stated the info that my Ford dealer and another gave me. AsI stated.. I went looking for champions but could not find any. Would have had to order them and with my traveling schedule I did not know when the next best time for me to change the plugs were, soI went with Auto-lites...

Sorry wilkenda,
Didn't mean to pop off at you. I just get irritated at the posts that show up sometimes saying "Everybody knows them Champion plugs won't work in no Fords", or "I only run a Champion plug in my lawn mower".
I know these statements are crap. I have run my own service station in the past, and I installed a lot of Champion plugs with no problems. I think a lot of problems with any plug installation in the skill of the installer. Peace!
Old 07-30-2008, 03:15 PM
wilkinda
2010 Section Moderator

Default RE: Brisk spark plugs

Goldenpony..it's all good.