Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

For 05' owners

Old 05-10-2005, 12:23 AM
Boondock

Default For 05' owners

Hey guys,
I just wanted your inpute on the 05 mustang gt. Im thinking of purchasing one but im still not quite sure. I would appreiciate your input. The pro and the cons.
Old 05-10-2005, 03:28 AM
don_w
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: For 05' owners

I can't think of any cons...

Get one (if you can!).
Old 05-10-2005, 10:09 AM
1fast05GT
3rd Gear Member

Awsome car - if you haven't driven one, do so.
Old 05-10-2005, 12:34 PM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: Boondock

Hey guys,
I just wanted your inpute on the 05 mustang gt. Im thinking of purchasing one but im still not quite sure. I would appreiciate your input. The pro and the cons.
Pros:
Permanent grin

Cons:
No support group to help break the addiction of owning one yet.

On the bright side, by the time you find an 05 GT that you can purchase, that should all be worked out. I figure there will be several available in 07 when peopel trade them in on Shelbys.
Old 05-10-2005, 12:48 PM
Professor Wizard
MF Moderator

BOONDOCK!

Don't buy one!

If you do, you wife will leave you because you will keep spending the night in the garage instead of with her.

You will get into fights with your teenagers because you wont' want to let them drive it!

You will continually have to allow extra time to talk to people at the gas station because they keep wanting you to show them your car! (Bad when your in a hurry!)

You will be constantly badgered by the Police wanting to give you speeding ticket - - and/or excessive acceleration tickets (Who knew about THAT one!)

If you don't buy one - it will leave one for someone who wants one really really really really really bad! and there is a shortage ya know!

Young hot sexy women will always be smiling at you while waiting for the light to change!

Nope... if I were you dude... Under no circumstances would I buy one!
Old 05-10-2005, 07:35 PM
05SonicBlue
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Professor Wizard

You will continually have to allow extra time to talk to people at the gas station because they keep wanting you to show them your car! (Bad when your in a hurry!)

Young hot sexy women will always be smiling at you while waiting for the light to change!
so true so true

i was chatted up by a thirtysomething woman who was on her way to the gym just the other day:

"I love your car."
"Um, thanks."

yeah, i'm lame . . .
Old 05-10-2005, 08:06 PM
Shifty
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Professor Wizard
You will be constantly badgered by the Police wanting to give you speeding ticket - - and/or excessive acceleration tickets (Who knew about THAT one!)
Tell me about it...
Old 05-10-2005, 09:17 PM
delurker
3rd Gear Member

People do hound you about it. Almost every one of my friends has wanted a ride (ow! twist my arm) and I've had more stoplight conversations in the month I've owned it than I've had in the rest of my life combined. Driving through town, people will roll down their windows to talk - they ask me how I like it and how it drives. Little kids hang out of windows and give me thumbs up. Something like that happens almost every time I drive it. It's insane.

In a way, I can't wait until everyone has one so I can just drive in peace lol.
Old 05-10-2005, 09:23 PM
SilverR1_04
2nd Gear Member

I catch the "Chevy-Driving-Ford-Haters" drooling over it all the time, now what does that tell you!?!?!?

No test drive needed for me! Just give me the keys!
Old 05-10-2005, 10:21 PM
flyingt
2nd Gear Member

Owning a 2005 GT is a dirty job, but I guess some one has to live it. I find myself making lame excuses just to drive her. What can I say I'm Hooked on the Mustang.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: For 05' owners