Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

S197 Turbo Fans

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2008, 02:01 PM
lrgnation
4th Gear Member

Default RE: S197 Turbo Fans

ORIGINAL: 2digits

After reading some comments I've realized that 4-6psi is more reasonable.

I wasn’t planning on jumping into this bolt-on. The game plan is to see where my I stand after this winter.

As it stands now I'm looking into Nitrous/Turbo/Supercharger
Mean while I'm planning on purchasing bolt-on's that will work with ether 3 depending on witch direction I chose to go.
Example: Upper Lower Control Arms, Aluminum 1 piece drive shaft.
__________________________________________________ _________________________________________________
Nitrous Pros - Use as needed, Purge!
Supercharger Pros - Tire melting fun, Torque! Blow-Off Valve
Turbo Pros - Bad ***, Blow-Off Valve. More Gauges!
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________
Nitrous Cons - Bang!
Supercharger Cons - Sounds Annoying
Turbo Cons - The smell, and Rice Bumper
you're a retard.

and change your damn homo a$$ picture.

Nitrous doesnt make things blow up, turbo's dont make a smell, supercharger's aren't annoying, supercharger's dont have bov's unless its a centri, turbo doesn't require more gauge's, and turbo will make the same tq as the supercharger.

and 20" wheels do not improve traction

Try using your brain before posting.
Old 08-05-2008, 02:27 PM
one eyed willy
5th Gear Member

my opinion for my situation, please dont think this is a turbo vs s/c vs N20

here is why I chose turbo...

1) i can do it all my self, at my own pace and my own budget- i did not buy a kit,i have been buying bits and pieces to make my own
2) i like the BOV sound they make (yes,im a ricer)
3) i like to see the big intercooler up front (yes,you can have this with a supercharger but not for nitrous)
4) turbo is more unique at this point,9 out of 10 FI (forced induction) mustangs will be supercharged
5) i love to make things- once again im fabbing my own set up
6) i like being able to control the boost on the fly with a boost controller ( to my knowledge only way to do this with a supercharger is to change the pulley and belt)

reason why i did not choose supercharger or nitrous....

7) $4k to start if you go with a supercharger,then all the add ons from there,i wont have but about $3k into my whole system with gauges and tunning when done
8) i hate having to fill nitrous bottles, $30 a pop, never on when you want it

As far as the gauges go, you would need the same on either set ups. for any power adder you want minimum:
AFR gauge
boost/ N20 pressure

turbo smell??

and yes,get rid of that homo picture,it freaks me out everytime i see one of your posts,lol.
Old 08-05-2008, 02:42 PM
lrgnation
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: one eyed *****

1) i can do it all my self, at my own pace and my own budget- i did not buy a kit,i have been buying bits and pieces to make my own
3) i like to see the big intercooler up front (yes,you can have this with a supercharger but not for nitrous)
4) turbo is more unique at this point,9 out of 10 FI (forced induction) mustangs will be supercharged
6) i like being able to control the boost on the fly with a boost controller ( to my knowledge only way to do this with a supercharger is to change the pulley and belt)

7) $4k to start if you go with a supercharger,then all the add ons from there,i wont have but about $3k into my whole system with gauges and tunning when done

As far as the gauges go, you would need the same on either set ups. for any power adder you want minimum:
AFR gauge
boost/ N20 pressure

turbo smell??

and yes,get rid of that homo picture,it freaks me out everytime i see one of your posts,lol.

I think he may have noticed how it smells with no cat's lol.
Old 08-05-2008, 03:29 PM
MustangGT0405
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: one eyed *****

AFR gauge
boost/ N20 pressure

turbo smell??

I agree with everything you wrote, and if I had that amount of time, skill, and tools, I would go that way myself.

But in the end Boost is Boost and it is all good.

And to the OP you have alot more research to do.
Old 08-05-2008, 08:30 PM
2digits
1st Gear Member

I don't think I'm going to be changing my Avatar, anytime soon. FYI it looks alot better when its not 20kb. Easy ladies...

Yeah I realize that I have alot of research ahead of me.

For the record you can put a BOV on a centrifugal superchager lrgnation

If I did chose a Supercharger it would have to be a centrifugal one, because of its similarities to a turbo.

How are gauges cool? They usually mean poser, or that guy means business. There kind of like a laser radar detector, you can
automatically
tell what that person is into.

For the record. I know that Superchargers aren't "always in the money"
I was just trying to say that turbo can be programed so that the boost kicks in at a higher RPM lvl.

I think I might aswell go with a turbo. one eyed ***** what will I need to do to get my car ready for the turbo threw out the winter? Such as internals. I'm looking into getting a clutch, oh and is it true that you will want lower gears with a tubro charger (3.27) instead of 4.10's say with a Supercharger (don't take that to literal. everyone).

Oh and I've already made my mind up I'm driving that bitch year round, because I'm that dedicated to the hobby, don't worry I'llget undercoating sprayed as neededby our detailer, and every other daycar washes just like it was summer. Plus I'm a bodyman so **** corrosion!
Old 08-05-2008, 09:28 PM
one eyed willy
5th Gear Member

my plan is to install the turbo,tuneit for 425-450hp (should be real easy to obtain),then from there i will upgrade some suspension and eventually i will have no choice on the clutch,it will only hold for so long.turbo first then i will just replace what needs to be replaced as it goes. im only going to modify the suspension with what really works.for now,all my attnetion is on the turbo kit.if i feel 450 is not enough ill have to build the enternals, then up the boost.but that way down the road.....
Old 08-05-2008, 10:17 PM
SirKnightTG
5th Gear Member

Muscle cars use super-chargers (blowers) and imports/ricers use turbos. Nuff said...
Old 08-05-2008, 10:56 PM
lrgnation
4th Gear Member

I don't think I'm going to be changing my Avatar, anytime soon. FYI it looks alot better when its not 20kb. Easy ladies...

Yeah I realize that I have alot of research ahead of me.

For the record you can put a BOV on a centrifugal superchager lrgnation

If I did chose a Supercharger it would have to be a centrifugal one, because of its similarities to a turbo.

How are gauges cool? They usually mean poser, or that guy means business. There kind of like a laser radar detector, you can
automatically
tell what that person is into.

For the record. I know that Superchargers aren't "always in the money"
I was just trying to say that turbo can be programed so that the boost kicks in at a higher RPM lvl.

I think I might aswell go with a turbo. one eyed ***** what will I need to do to get my car ready for the turbo threw out the winter? Such as internals. I'm looking into getting a clutch, oh and is it true that you will want lower gears with a tubro charger (3.27) instead of 4.10's say with a Supercharger (don't take that to literal. everyone).

Oh and I've already made my mind up I'm driving that bitch year round, because I'm that dedicated to the hobby, don't worry I'llget undercoating sprayed as neededby our detailer, and every other daycar washes just like it was summer. Plus I'm a bodyman so **** corrosion!
ORIGINAL: lrgnation

After reading some comments I've realized that 4-6psi is more reasonable.

I wasn’t planning on jumping into this bolt-on. The game plan is to see where my I stand after this winter.

As it stands now I'm looking into Nitrous/Turbo/Supercharger
Mean while I'm planning on purchasing bolt-on's that will work with ether 3 depending on witch direction I chose to go.
Example: Upper Lower Control Arms, Aluminum 1 piece drive shaft.
__________________________________________________ _________________________________________________
Nitrous Pros - Use as needed, Purge!
Supercharger Pros - Tire melting fun, Torque! Blow-Off Valve
Turbo Pros - Bad ***, Blow-Off Valve. More Gauges!
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________
Nitrous Cons - Bang!
Supercharger Cons - Sounds Annoying
Turbo Cons - The smell, and Rice Bumper
you're a retard.

and change your damn homo a$$ picture.

Nitrous doesnt make things blow up, turbo's dont make a smell, supercharger's aren't annoying, supercharger's dont have bov's unless its a centri, turbo doesn't require more gauge's, and turbo will make the same tq as the supercharger.

and 20" wheels do not improve traction

Try using your brain before posting.

I said that.

Old 08-05-2008, 11:38 PM
nyc06gt
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MustangGT0405

Finally do yourself a favor and buy a winter beater. When I lived up north I had a 86 Merc GM with a 5.0. Cost me $500 and ran for 3 years. It even had a homemade PVC CAI worked great.
+1! 91 camry beaterFTW
Old 08-06-2008, 04:11 AM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Why a Turbo over a Supercharger?

1- I plan on driving my Mustang in the winter, and the continous power of a Supercharger seems a little hairy to me.

2- I'm not a fan of how some Superchargers are louder then your exhaust. It's just my opinion that if your going to drive a V8 you should be able to hear it

3- I drove a Shelby GT500 (Work related) and didn't like the feel or sound of it

4- Superchargers seemed played out, everyone who has a Mustangseems to havea Supercharger. I'd like to be unique

You are misinformed like so many others. There is no continuous power with a supercharger. For reliability, I voted whipple or saleen.

Quick Reply: S197 Turbo Fans