Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Magna Charger?

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2008, 09:51 AM
Diabolical!
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Magna Charger?

I have to advise against the magnacharger. Roots-[:'(]
Old 08-04-2008, 03:03 PM
mustang44130

I just heard a rumor there was some Magnacharger bashing on this site so I registered to defend myself! I have a 06 GT with a Magnacharger and wouldn't trade it forA Whipple or KB! The kit made 420 hp and 407 tq out of the box, now on a Bigshot tune it makes 464 hp and 433 tq to the tire. It's a great kit and any 9 year old with some basic hand tools can install it with the awesome directions that came with it. The car runs low 12's and traps 114-117 mph consistantly! With the minor suspension parts I just ordered along with my BFG drag radials it should run high 11's. So for $4900.00 I'm pretty sure I'll run with any other blower on the market! As a matter of fact some of my good friends run whipple's and KB's and I have yet had any of them run better numbers at the track or on the dyno! So to the dude that's looking at the Magnacharger kit, feel free to PM me with any questions. Hell if you live close I'll help you install it!
Old 08-04-2008, 03:54 PM
fastford20

i would def go whiplpe because it is a twin screw design instead of roots. My last car was actually a maggied GTO and while it wasn't a bad supercharger i would have killed to have been able to put a twinscrew on that car. I actually had the 122 as well i havent really looked to see if they even offer that model but if you go maggie i would try to get the 122 instead of the 112.
Old 08-04-2008, 04:01 PM
chadlet
2nd Gear Member

Thanks for all the replies. I have alot to think about in the next couple of days.
Old 08-04-2008, 04:03 PM
nite
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mustang44130

I just heard a rumor there was some Magnacharger bashing on this site so I registered to defend myself!
LOL! Do you own the company?
Old 08-04-2008, 08:07 PM
blackS197
4th Gear Member

I just heard a rumor there was some Magnacharger bashing on this site so I registered to defend myself! I have a 06 GT with a Magnacharger and wouldn't trade it forA Whipple or KB! The kit made 420 hp and 407 tq out of the box, now on a Bigshot tune it makes 464 hp and 433 tq to the tire. It's a great kit and any 9 year old with some basic hand tools can install it with the awesome directions that came with it. The car runs low 12's and traps 114-117 mph consistantly! With the minor suspension parts I just ordered along with my BFG drag radials it should run high 11's. So for $4900.00 I'm pretty sure I'll run with any other blower on the market! As a matter of fact some of my good friends run whipple's and KB's and I have yet had any of them run better numbers at the track or on the dyno! So to the dude that's looking at the Magnacharger kit, feel free to PM me with any questions. Hell if you live close I'll help you install it!

Get a Magnacharger and let this dude install it. haha
Old 08-04-2008, 08:12 PM
mustang44130

I wish I owned the company! I did 3 months of research on blowers before I bought this one, Eaton has been around for a long time, I have alot of friends with whipple's and none of them come close to the sound this thing makes, I'm not here to bash anyome, Whipple is a great blower along with KB, one of my friends whipple just pulled 430 to the tire on a box tune, He's gonna go with a Bigshot tune, wheels and tires and here come the mid 11's. It's a big investment do your research any direction he goes in won't be a wrong one!
Old 08-04-2008, 09:13 PM
blueherd02gt
5th Gear Member

We bash them because everyone bashes them. Whattype ofintercooler do you have? How consistant will you run with other blowers? Post your dyno so we can see proof of your numbers..

I wish I owned the company! I did 3 months of research on blowers before I bought this one, Eaton has been around for a long time, I have alot of friends with whipple's and none of them come close to the sound this thing makes, I'm not here to bash anyome, Whipple is a great blower along with KB, one of my friends whipple just pulled 430 to the tire on a box tune, He's gonna go with a Bigshot tune, wheels and tires and here come the mid 11's. It's a big investment do your research any direction he goes in won't be a wrong one!
Old 08-04-2008, 10:11 PM
blackS197
4th Gear Member

Maybe you should of researched a little more. JK
Old 08-05-2008, 12:35 AM
egon
1st Gear Member

I also have a magnacharger on my '06 and love it. Last dyno pull was 410 rwhp on a superflow running at 9 psi.

I installed myself in a day very easy.

Average 16 mpg around town and about 22 mpg doing 80 on the interstate.

I also agree that KB, whipple, and others are great, but I do love the sound of the Eaton.

Quick Reply: Magna Charger?