Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Brenspeed Combo

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2008, 06:33 PM
srt03

Default Brenspeed Combo

Hey guys, I am wondering where I can get the cheapest CAI and tune combo. Any help would be great. I did a search and found lots of great posts but just thought I would get a fresh perspective. I have read teh Brenspeed is the best. Any other ones to consider for the $600-$700range. I am doing research for a buddy of mine.

Thanks!!

oops forgot to say that he has a 2007 mustang gt with an automatic.
Old 08-04-2008, 07:10 PM
Brian_Zinchuk
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Brenspeed Combo

Cheapest isn't always the best way to go. You can get a no name CAI and tuner with a caned tune off ebay for real cheap. Best bet it to go with something that has proven to give good numbers like C&L or JLT. Then mix that with a tuner that is know like SCT. Then if you really care about seeing any kind of gains get a the whole package from brenspeed or another company that with give you a tune that is custom to your car. You dont have to get on a dyno to get a custom tune, you can tell brenspeed what you have for mods then they'll send you everything ready to install. Go brenspeed, it might not be the cheapest, but you'll get quality product and great customer service.
Old 08-04-2008, 08:48 PM
vaporstang
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Brian_Zinchuk

Cheapest isn't always the best way to go. You can get a no name CAI and tuner with a caned tune off ebay for real cheap. Best bet it to go with something that has proven to give good numbers like C&L or JLT. Then mix that with a tuner that is know like SCT. Then if you really care about seeing any kind of gains get a the whole package from brenspeed or another company that with give you a tune that is custom to your car. You dont have to get on a dyno to get a custom tune, you can tell brenspeed what you have for mods then they'll send you everything ready to install. Go brenspeed, it might not be the cheapest, but you'll get quality product and great customer service.
+1
Old 08-04-2008, 09:28 PM
BLACKSTEED611

+1 for Brenspeed. they might not always be the Cheapest but their retune for free when you ordered new parts from them and you get a discount on additional tunes. they are good for the long run. you will still have to pay for the S/C tune if u end up getting a S/C but i believe its discount. check out their wbesite.
Old 08-05-2008, 11:01 AM
ffk_pennywise
3rd Gear Member

+1 on Brenspeed. Get the BBK or JLT package.
Old 08-05-2008, 11:46 AM
Heavyg72
3rd Gear Member

I had their C&L/Tune combo for my auto and it was great. Pulled nicely and the shifting of the auto was incredible.
Old 08-05-2008, 02:02 PM
srt03

Thanks guys for the input!!!
Old 08-06-2008, 08:53 AM
shoeys08dkcandygt
4th Gear Member

from what all i have read on here. bama might be better because you have the auto. but either one you pick will be better than stock. good luck with the search.
Old 08-06-2008, 09:44 AM
acascianelli
5th Gear Member

JLT+XCal or Predator seems to be the cheapest combo.
Old 08-06-2008, 10:35 AM
Mishri
Mish-ogynist

yeah.. if you want to go cheaper get the JLT2 from brenspeed.. (or bama, I heard he will give you new tunes for free even if you don't buy your other parts from him.. pretty cool) the Steeda and the C&L are higher quality but will cost you more.. same performance either way though.

Quick Reply: Brenspeed Combo