Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Horrible dyno results, HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 11:07 AM
Z06 Killer
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Horrible dyno results, HELP!!!

ORIGINAL: Mishri

hmm.. good thing it's still under warranty.. are you sure you didn't buy a v6 with roush styling and no supercharger? [8D]
Lol, I actually almost asked if this was a V6 with a blower with those numbers! But then I figured I would give the O.P. the benifit of the doubt. Send us a pic of the engine O.P.
Old 08-06-2008, 12:34 PM
matyellott
1st Gear Member

Agreed terriable, I dynoed at 423hp. With a Procharger.
Old 08-06-2008, 03:01 PM
imyy4u
3rd Gear Member

i am thinking it might be a V6 with a Roushcharger, a fake dual exhaust and GT badging...

check the VIN to make sure it's a V-8...

...either that, or you are not hitting full throttle (check the TB) or not getting boost
Old 08-06-2008, 04:17 PM
GrabberROUSH

haha, i thought bout a v6 too but i am 100% positive its not.... took the dude that does the install of the s/c at another dealership here in town for a ride and just by seat of the pants he says it feels just like a roush vehicle(427) and other roush superchargers he has installed. could it have been a dyno prob? i know dyno doesnt lie but i know i got more power than 243...heres a pic under the hood....

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d1...9/P8060242.jpg
Old 08-06-2008, 05:19 PM
Simon1
5th Gear Member

Go to a different shop that has done other Rousch installs,
have them inspect it,
get a custom tune done,
get redyno'd.

Good luck
Old 08-06-2008, 05:27 PM
Mishri
Mish-ogynist

I'd still want someone else to check it out (like a tuner shop).. but, since it has factory warranty you can rod it hard and if it blows they owe you a new one, so you could race someone... try to find someone that would definetly beat a stock GT (since your numbers are much lower than a stock GT) and if you beat him then you'll know the dyno was wrong.. or to the track like someone said.. i think you should run like a12.5 i'd guess.. and with the dyno results you should run like a 15.. (guesses)
Old 08-06-2008, 09:29 PM
GT John
3rd Gear Member

I would get a print out of the pull, showing HP, Torque and AF and then fax it to Rouch followed up with a phone call.
Old 08-06-2008, 10:03 PM
Beast
1st Gear Member

What state are you in? I would definitely take it to another dealer that is VERY experienced with Roush. I know the guys here hate the Roush but I'm totally happy with mine. I have an 06 GT that I added the Roush SC to and just recently added a Steeda intake and Justin VMP tune. God the SC is loud now but it really runs. Ran a friends automatic GT500 last night and beat him by about 2 lengths. (he spent a lot more than I did)
Old 08-06-2008, 10:46 PM
EagleStroker
5th Gear Member

Naw man I meant like your numbers and mine, stock numbers, its obvious his sh*t aint right lol

ORIGINAL: one eyed *****

ORIGINAL: EagleStroker

He is getting terrible numbers, but mine stock was at 264, do they really differ than much from car to car?
he has a supercharger, should be in the 400 range,but hes making less than a stock motor-id say thats a pretty big "differ.
Old 08-07-2008, 12:00 AM
lrgnation
4th Gear Member

Yeah what the fack its acting a restriction actually pulling power from the motor. about 15-25% like it does soak up. Even if it was a v6 it would be making over 300.

Quick Reply: Horrible dyno results, HELP!!!