Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Horrible dyno results, HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2008, 05:53 PM
GrabberROUSH

Default Horrible dyno results, HELP!!!

I need some adive on what could possibly be going on. I havea 07 GT w/ a ROUSH supercharger in it, other than axle back magnaflows, thats all I have done to it. Heres the problem, I recently took it to a shop in my area and had a buddy dyno it, best results i got where 252rwhp and 225 torque [sm=boosign.gif]. I know it wasnt a dyno prob, b/c there were 5 other cars dyno'd that day and all ran as expected. The problem here is obviously Im lacking power, I should be around 340-350 rwhp. I have since been to the dealership where i asked to do a static compression test and run the are on the comp.The comp. test were good and no numbers came up when they ran the comp. So there is no engine prob. The s/c whines like it should and it feels faster than stock, but i dont think it feels 340-350 fast. Could it be a bad tune say form roush where they put some kind of anti dyno tune, has anyone else had any problems like this before? Im taking it to the track on Thrusdayand gonna see what it runs. Unfortunatly i dont have any numbers to compare it too bc this will be first time at the track, but i have done my research and figure s/c'd i should run mid to high 12's and no s/c should be round high 13's to low 14's, sound right?? What do you guys think?? [sm=dontgetit.gif]

thanks to all that reply!
Old 08-05-2008, 06:32 PM
Z06 Killer
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Horrible dyno results, HELP!!!

Take it to the track and let us know. That will be the tell all as from what you stated, you are putting down numbers lower that a stock GT. Even stock mine was closer to 290HP. I will have to dig out the old dynos to see for sure.
Old 08-05-2008, 06:46 PM
300GT
3rd Gear Member

Wow those are terrible numbers. If it were me I'd take it to another reputable dyno just to confirm (and be sure to monitor A/F ratios). If those numbers are correct you need to get that thing tuned properly as something is seriously wrong. I may be overly cautious, but I wouldn't even take it down the track until I knew what was what as far as the tune goes and why your numbers are so off.
Old 08-05-2008, 06:54 PM
modaddict
4th Gear Member

First of all - don't take it to the track. There is obviously something wrong so why would you want to step on the car in this state?...foolish.

My bet is you have a vacum leak or a big boost leak that probably is a result during your install. My 2nd guess is something else in the install.

Bottom line is I would numero uno take to someone else who you know has done good roush installs and have them walk through the kit and check everything. Sure as sunrise, you'll probably find something easily.

Yep - the Roushcharger, sucks - but it doesn't suck that bad...lol
Old 08-05-2008, 07:07 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

+1

my first thought reading the post was, it's not
building any boost at all....

Old 08-05-2008, 07:07 PM
HaneyMotorsport.Com
Banned

Well its either a dyno or car issue....period! You should be making more than that. I would check things out before you continue romping on it. Also, you may want to check out VMP tuning. Justin has put together some good tunes, etc with the roush charged cars.

Casey
Old 08-05-2008, 07:11 PM
onederful100
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: modaddict

Yep - the Roushcharger, sucks - but it doesn't suck that bad...lol
lol
Old 08-05-2008, 07:59 PM
Brian_Zinchuk
4th Gear Member

+1 on not getting on it anymore. There is no way that your car should getting numbers like that, 225 rwtq? That is horrible. Did you install it yourself or did you have someone do it for you? On second thought is it possible that hes not running on all cylinders?
Old 08-05-2008, 08:23 PM
one eyed willy
5th Gear Member

doood,you got a serious problem somewhere,i dynoed 272 and 296 torque,almost stock besides exhaust. how does the car run?does it idle ok?you should be a little over 400rwhp, 252 is horrible. so bad i would not even be driving it until the problem was found in fear of doing some sort of damage.
Old 08-05-2008, 08:44 PM
GrabberROUSH

had the car in 2 diff dealerships both saying no prob in the engine. Install was done here at a ford (roush dealer) dealership. Advice taken, i will not take it to the track, that was just a suggestion a buddy told me to try, haha. I also thought maybe it was the dude running the dyno, but my buddy vouched for him, plus 5 other cars were done that night and everyone elses numbers were on. Dealership i got the car from says they gotta call roush and send them my info (my dyno and a dyno of what it should be making). So are youguys thinking i should take it to another roush dealership andhave another guy look at the install and see if things are all ok??

Quick Reply: Horrible dyno results, HELP!!!