Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Mcleod RST Twin Disc Clutch Group Buy w/Price

Old 08-06-2008, 08:01 PM
sactown
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Mcleod RST Twin Disc Clutch Group Buy

Your welcome hammeron. Its too bad that I can inform users of m0dul@rfords apparently you can't help other people with their issue if it includes buying something from a vendor that does not advertise with them. What a bunch of crap!
Old 08-06-2008, 08:07 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

so far, it looks like a group buy
with just me
Old 08-06-2008, 08:16 PM
sactown
4th Gear Member

Yup and it will be a damn shame for everyone else that missed it, because I don't think it will be happening again. I do have a couple of other people I just called them direct.
Old 08-06-2008, 09:27 PM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Great price at a bad time for me. My loss but thanks sactown for the info. This thread maybe removed after tomorrow AM as it might be a conflict of interest for vendor/sponsors of this forum.[&:]
Old 08-06-2008, 09:54 PM
sactown
4th Gear Member

That's fine, I understand. If you could keep it up until 10am pacific that would be great the Mcleod vendor will NOT be accepting order from anyone who did not contact them before then.

Please keep in mind I am not doing this for personal gain, I am paying the same price for the clutch as everyone else, and the only reason Mcleod is doing this is because Lee the guy at Mcleod whom designed the TOB felt bad about my situation and the situation that others are having that is very simliar after I spent over an hour explain to him what has been going on with my car and how I have had the trans pulled 5-7 times spent 3k trying to fix the problem and I was concerned that the Mcleod TOB would fail again because of the clutch system I am currently using (which I won't mention out of respect for the forum not the company). After explain the problem Lee offered the deal, and I asked if I could pass along the info to other mustang owners, and he was OK with that but only for a limited time, as Mcleod does not offer group buy in's.

I don't know if this will "fix the problem" but being that I have had everything from the master cylinder to the input shaft replaced at least twice (with the expection of the clutch), installed the CHE k-member brace w/trq limiters, prothane mounts, and 3 different shifters I really don't know what else to do. Trust me if this does not fix the problem you will be able to find a very nice black mustang with a saleen sc on ebay for cheap (maybe).
Old 08-07-2008, 08:19 AM
Simon1
5th Gear Member

Sent you a PM. Buying today.
Old 08-07-2008, 11:37 AM
sactown
4th Gear Member

The price is good until end of day today.

I would like to thank mustang forums again for leave up the thread.
Old 08-07-2008, 11:43 AM
blackS197
4th Gear Member

Hey Sactown, what is the MSRP on these clutches. Are you saving alot of money? I was gonna wait on a clutch but wonder if this is a deal i cant refuse. I live near GTR performance so that would be conveniant also. Thanks.
Old 08-07-2008, 11:53 AM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

i think msrp is like 800-850 on these from what i looked at briefly. Its a good dealif that is the case
Old 08-07-2008, 11:54 AM
sactown
4th Gear Member

The clutch is 890 at summit bearing is 495

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Mcleod RST Twin Disc Clutch Group Buy w/Price