Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

TCI Ratchet Shifter?

Old 08-18-2008, 04:31 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

^^^

hell yeah that looks real bad ***!~

That's actually the type of shifter I would want for my auto,had the image in my mind but never found a pic of it...
Old 08-18-2008, 07:30 PM
Mikes_BLK_GT
4th Gear Member

I followed the B&M shifter thread on a nother forum for a year, I would be surpised if either one ever came out. The TCI looks much better imo, the b&m is flat out fugly. Last I read on it they were trying to find some solenoid company that ford no longer uses because for some reason they cant use a new one and cant reuse the one on the car. None of that made a whole lot of sense to me since Ford would beable to replace my shifter if it broke why cant the aftermarket companies?
Old 08-19-2008, 09:51 AM
Big Blue Md

Dose anyone know if the stock ford shifter operates the transmission by a cable or electronically, I tried to get under the car yesterday but couldn't get the car high enough at that time to see the tranny clearly, but I think its electronic and not a cable, If its not a cable, then I have to go back to the drawing board, cause what I had in mind wont work.
Old 08-19-2008, 10:17 AM
Sleep Deprived
2nd Gear Member

Blue, it's by cable.
Old 08-19-2008, 10:46 AM
Big Blue Md

cool, I'm back on the quest!
If I make this work, I'll post instructions and pic's and maybe a video of how.

Thanks SD

By the way SD, if your still working with B&M, how about suggesting they use the Mega Shifter instead of the Quick Silver, and if not, at least use the regular quick silver shaft, the round one looks kind if wimpy.

Again thanks.

Last edited by Big Blue Md; 08-19-2008 at 10:51 AM.
Old 08-19-2008, 02:57 PM
Sleep Deprived
2nd Gear Member

Hmm, you may have me mixed up with somebody else. I do not work with B&M, though I would like to I'm just a slave of the office...
Old 08-19-2008, 07:28 PM
Big Blue Md

Sorry about that, I have you mixed up with SoldShort. But thanks for the info, I hope I can make this thing work.
Old 08-19-2008, 08:49 PM
ShadyNinja
4th Gear Member

I like the way my tune shifts
no need for a shifter like that, and a tuner is cheaper.
Old 08-20-2008, 10:00 AM
Big Blue Md

I got it tuned, but I like shifting, I tell the car what to do, the car dosnt tell me. I hate anti lock and traction control as well, never trust the car, do it your self, and as for the track, I tested the car in drive, 15.1 1/4 mile, when I shift 14.7, yes I like shifting, and for those of you that are going to say "you should have got a manual" I have only one car, that's all I can afford, and on my way into work in the morning, threw Baltimore City traffic, I love being able to drink my morning coffee, and just leave her in drive, but when I leave the parking garage at 5PM, I drop her to 1st, and its play time.
A ratchet shifter isn't for everyone, and if you think its a bad idea, don't do it, but I can assure you there are a lot of folks out there that want it.
Old 08-20-2008, 10:12 AM
SirKnightTG
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Big Blue Md
I got it tuned, but I like shifting, I tell the car what to do, the car dosnt tell me.

+1,000,000

I have found the tune does help the auto shift a little better, but it's still not good enough as far as I'm concerned.

If I end up keeping my auto (we'll see after this weekend) then I will be very interested, again, in a ratchet shifter.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: TCI Ratchet Shifter?