Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

bamachips VS brenspeed

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2008, 06:51 PM
Mikes_BLK_GT
4th Gear Member

tq tune is meant for down low, perf is up top, race is more of a combo between the perf and tq tunes, good power down low and up top.
Old 08-23-2008, 08:20 PM
jahudso2
4th Gear Member

Will Bama really update your tune if you buy parts from other suppliers? I see nothing on his website that says that. I only know of Brenspeed giving free updated tunes.
Old 08-23-2008, 08:49 PM
Mikes_BLK_GT
4th Gear Member

AFIK Bama does give free update's
Old 08-23-2008, 10:08 PM
Mudflap
5th Gear Member

Both tuners are very good. Buy a package from one, then an individual tune or two from the other for comparison. Run the one you like the best. I prefer the BamaChips race tune myself. I've used both, and here is a thread I created a while back with my impressions:

https://mustangforums.com/forum/gt-s197-general-discussion/374803-brenspeed-vs-bamachips-review-auto-trans.html
Old 08-24-2008, 02:10 PM
shiznit2001
1st Gear Member

so for my GT just being a DD, and a necessity to have and not mess up, what would everyone recommend going with? i don't want to get something too excessive and mess something up and then have my only car be down. but i want something that is of course, going to get me some more giddy up :-) im torn between either 91 or 93, and between race, perf, and tq. help :-D
Old 08-24-2008, 04:07 PM
Mikes_BLK_GT
4th Gear Member

91 or 93 octane will depend on what you can get in your area. I have Bama's race tune for 92 octane then I have brenspeeds 87/89/92 octane tunes. 87 tune is for when I cant get 92 octane.
Old 08-25-2008, 08:40 AM
shiznit2001
1st Gear Member

Default my supervisor

well, i talked to my supervisor earlier, and he was telling me that i should wait till i could get back to the states so that if i needed to get a dyno for my car, i could. he was talking about how if i get a tune, and the gas where im at isn't up to par, then i could be running too rich or not rich enough. stuff like that, what does everyone think about that? I DON'T WANT TO WAIT TILL I GET BACK TO THE STATES. LOL!!
Old 08-25-2008, 09:28 AM
Mudflap
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by shiznit2001
well, i talked to my supervisor earlier, and he was telling me that i should wait till i could get back to the states so that if i needed to get a dyno for my car, i could. he was talking about how if i get a tune, and the gas where im at isn't up to par, then i could be running too rich or not rich enough. stuff like that, what does everyone think about that? I DON'T WANT TO WAIT TILL I GET BACK TO THE STATES. LOL!!
I am running a 91 race tune, even though 93 is widely available here. I like having a bit of a buffer in terms of having "bad gas" etc. I asked Doug if there was a difference between the 91 and 93 tune, and he told me I'd never be able to tell the difference its so tiny. Therefore, I went with 91 for the safety net.

As far as which tune to go for, the Race tune is way better than the Torque tune IMO. I drove around with the Torque tune this weekend, and while its a good tune, the Race is so much better across the board. The Race has all the torque of the Torque tune along with massive power across the entire power-band. Really, I have no idea why anyone would run the Torque tune. Don't believe any of this "tune for a daily driver" junk. The Race tune is fine. She purrs like a kitten around town at low speeds, but when you stab the gas you get instant power.
Old 08-25-2008, 09:38 AM
jbhunter
1st Gear Member

I also run BamaChips race tune for 91 Octane. Doug said if I found 93 Octane the car really adjusts itself on the timing and 91 was fine. Very happy with the SCT3, BamaChips and Doug's customer service. And like Mudflap said, purrs around until you want to play then hang on... it's a totally different car.
Old 08-27-2008, 06:34 PM
NA2005

I also have a 91 race tune from Bamachips and when i emailed Doug about a new tune for the 4.10 gears and Comp NSR stageII's cams i bought (not from him i might add)he emailed two days later with a tune for me to download. Dougs customer service is excellent and RPMOUTLET should take notes ASAP.

Quick Reply: bamachips VS brenspeed