Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Hot Rom Cams w/ B&A Video

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2008, 12:11 PM
RedNyt GT
2nd Gear Member

Sounds great ! And another one joins the Hot Rod crew !! Mine sounds very close to that. I think it might be a little deeper in tone but maybe thats due to having long tubes. Either way, lovin' that sound
Old 08-23-2008, 02:28 PM
Fool4Parts
2nd Gear Member

Thanks RedNytGT. Did you do dyno before and/or after? How about 'seat of the pants' dyno? Does your car 'feel' stronger. I think mine does.
Old 08-23-2008, 08:43 PM
RedNyt GT
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Fool4Parts
Thanks RedNytGT. Did you do dyno before and/or after? How about 'seat of the pants' dyno? Does your car 'feel' stronger. I think mine does.

Yep, did a before and after dyno run. I gained 18rwhp through the powerband. Pretty much exactly what Doug at B AMA said it would get/do. And yeah, I swear the car pulls harder than it did before. Who knows, might be just wishful thinking.... or its b/c Im stepping on it every chance I get just to hear it
Old 08-25-2008, 10:05 PM
Fool4Parts
2nd Gear Member

I am going to the dyno again Wed. or Thur. of this week and will post a pix of the sheet. My results will be influenced (hopefully in a positive way) by the fact that I have deleted my catalytic converters as well as added the cams since my dyno last week. I had put on an off-road X-pipe way back when with stock headers and cams and hated the sound at about 3K RPM so I took them off after a couple of days. Later on, added the shorty headers but stayed with the converters. Put in the cams on Fri. of last week and on Sun. morn was thinking what it might sound like now without converters. Took them off to give it a try and they are not going back on. The car sounds great to me now throughout the RPM band.

Here is a short video of idling again (kinda high at 950 RPM-I've been playing with idle RPM and such). How does it sound now?
http://s23.photobucket.com/albums/b3...t=MOV02137.flv
Old 08-25-2008, 10:10 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

i love that sound! very nice
Old 08-25-2008, 10:18 PM
whtcanbrwnd04u
5th Gear Member

That sounds great! Did the cams make it alot louder aswell?

How much did they set you back? Thanks.
Old 08-25-2008, 10:32 PM
Fool4Parts
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by hammeron
i love that sound! very nice

Thanks hammeron. I love it too. When I first saw jmose77's video I had to have them.
We're watching your progress as well, interested to see how a blower car reacts to them. But the idle is to die for (for me).
Old 08-25-2008, 10:39 PM
Fool4Parts
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by whtcanbrwnd04u
That sounds great! Did the cams make it alot louder aswell?

How much did they set you back? Thanks.

Thank you whtcanbrwnd04u. Yes, the cams swap made the car louder and deeper.
Total about $1,200.00 (Cams, phaser bolts, valve cover gaskets, assy lube, spring compresser, timing chain wedge, beer, etc.) That is just parts, I swapped them out myself.
Old 08-26-2008, 06:45 AM
Vcoat
3rd Gear Member

Thats the sound !!...awsome!....what do you have for axlebacks ???
Old 08-26-2008, 07:42 AM
MustangGT0405
5th Gear Member

Nice sounds great.

I think the idle quality was the best on the clip with the idle set at 950rpms.

In alot of the clips I hear it sometime get a rythmic quality after idle a for about 10 secs. I prefer it to sound a little more random/stumble if that makes sense.

As far as a street setup I think the no cats is a little crazy loud. For the track it would sound great.

On a side note you said it is currently going through the stock cats into an X-pipe. I assume you cut the stock H pipe and put in the X. How big of a sound difference is that?

I was thinking about putting in the prochamber that you cut in behind the stock cats but cant find a sound clip or anything of that set up. I wondered how much a difference it makes to cut in piping after the cats.

I want a deeper slightly louder tone but I dont want to make it crazy loud like if I went to an O/R pipe.

Thanks,

Quick Reply: Hot Rom Cams w/ B&A Video