Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

upset with benspeed

Old 08-25-2008, 12:44 AM
bertnu

Default upset with benspeed

so i have him e-mail me a 93 tune, i get it and put it in. i go to the track and the car runs the same with his tune or the 93 tune that came with my sct tuner. custom tune my ***. same et and brenspeeds tune was 1 mph less. 60fts were same
Old 08-25-2008, 01:01 AM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

what were you expecting.....its not going to knock 3+ tenths off between the 2 tunes....there is maybe 10HP difference between the canned tunes and a Brenspeed/Bama tune. So you might pick up a .1 or so

Also, are you comparing times from the same night, if you not then you comparison is not valid since the conditions are the same.
Old 08-25-2008, 01:28 AM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

were the track temps the same? Was your reaction time the same?
Was the weight of the car the same? Same gas?

I doubt it...
Old 08-25-2008, 05:48 AM
cobra443
4th Gear Member

Its not a "cutsom" tune. Its a basic 93 octane tune. If you want a custom tune you need to go have it dyno tuned. Also you dont drive the same every time.
Old 08-25-2008, 06:52 AM
Stoenr
5th Gear Member

Shoulda went with Brenspeed, not sure who this Ben guy is

Jokes aside, what everyone else said. Except what Orion said, reaction time not going to effect your ET.
Old 08-25-2008, 07:31 AM
tungsten07
2nd Gear Member

i have to agree with everyone else. i'm sure if you got it dyno'd between the two the brenspeed would show nicer numbers but just how much is up for debate. I can't see him sending you an email tune that's going to be THAT much better than the canned tunes. i bought my tuner from brenspeed and it came with his tunes on there so I never used the canned ones so I can't really tell you how they are compared to the canned ones. but think about it, if you get your car dyno tuned from someone they can safely squeeze a bit more out of the tune because they can monitor everything right there such as your air/fuel ratio. brenspeed is going to HAVE to send you something a bit more toned down just for the sake of not screwing your car up. however, i hear going from a brenspeed/bama tune to a custom dyno tune is only going to net you another 10 hp maybe. so that's something to think about as well. me personally i think going to a shop and getting a custom dyno tune would be a waste unless i bought something like cams or some forced induction. just from what i've heard.
Old 08-25-2008, 09:48 AM
GT4HUTCH
2nd Gear Member

Talking

I think that a custom dyno tune by a GOOD tuner(not someone who's claim to fame is peak numbers only) is well worth every penny even before cams and headwork. Especially for an automatic car. I had a brenspeed 93 tune with all of my listed mods, with the exception of a K&N at the time as opposed to my current JLT. The afternoon spend on a dyno and a CAI swap netted me 23.2 extra horses and over 20lbtq.

Last edited by GT4HUTCH; 08-25-2008 at 09:58 AM.
Old 08-25-2008, 10:15 AM
bertnu

the comparison was on the same night at the same track on the same gas weighing the same. reaction doesn't matter. time starts when u break the beam. i'm upset cause whoever i talked to at brenspeed said i will feel and see a difference between their tune and the canned tune. so i'm upset that i paid 75 dollars to go 1 mph slower. and yes i did more than 1 pass on each tune. back to back, switchin between the 2, i did it all. 8 passes total and the winner is sct.
Old 08-25-2008, 11:42 AM
Fool4Parts
2nd Gear Member

50 bucks will get you a BAMA tune, you may (or may not) feel it. I run the BAMA 93 Race and it has 'seat of the pants' dyno improvememnt over Brenspeed's 93 Tune. FWIW.
Old 08-25-2008, 12:08 PM
onederful100
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by bertnu
so i have him e-mail me a 93 tune, i get it and put it in. i go to the track and the car runs the same with his tune or the 93 tune that came with my sct tuner. custom tune my ***. same et and brenspeeds tune was 1 mph less. 60fts were same
you should write for MM & FF or 5.0. that comparison is really scientific.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: upset with benspeed