Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Dynotech S197 Driveshafts in Stock!

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2008, 02:56 PM
Pwny
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mikes_BLK_GT
That isnt all that funny and I couldnt disagree more. If you want garbage quality then by made in china if you want good quality stick with made in america. This DS has been out for sometime now at the same price it hasnt gone up near as I can tell its just more expensive because of who makes it.
I know I'm a minority in saying this, but when it comes to car parts, its hard to beat Japanese quality.

A lot of people go nuts over JDM parts, but they do so because they are phenomenal.
Old 08-27-2008, 04:04 PM
Z06 Killer
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mikes_BLK_GT
That isnt all that funny and I couldnt disagree more. If you want garbage quality then by made in china if you want good quality stick with made in america. This DS has been out for sometime now at the same price it hasnt gone up near as I can tell its just more expensive because of who makes it.
Are you seriously brainwashed into thinking American made is better? Then why on earth is most of the American manufactures out sourcing parts? Why the are the 3 most reliable car brands on the market form Japan? Why are our wheels made in Mexico?

I love the U.S.A. but we are fat and lazy. We charge ourself twice the price for half the work. My employer like to use the best QUALITY products they can find for my department and right now on my desk that was made in England there is a Smart Phone made in Canada, a desk phone from China, a laptop from China, My personal Palm Treo is from Tiwan and my leather chair from Mexico. If fact most of you people love the Apple iPod. Did you know Apple products are made in China for Apple? I have an Archos 504 media player and it is from France. Where does it end?

Look at the build sheets of our beloved Mustangs, Most of the parts are from South America.
Old 08-27-2008, 07:09 PM
BruceH
5th Gear Member

Learn on your own, I'm done.

Last edited by BruceH; 11-13-2010 at 10:12 AM.
Old 08-27-2008, 08:45 PM
tungsten07
2nd Gear Member

They might not increase horse[power and torque but they most definitely frees it up. Shedding weight in rotational mass such as a driveshaft or a flywheel is a lot different than shedding weight in static mass such as a lighter hood and it's something you will definitely feel and makes a pretty big difference. I've hear of dropping a few tenths off your time with an aluminum driveshaft.
Old 08-28-2008, 09:01 AM
Boostaddict
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by MexGT
Why do alum driveshafts keep on going up and up in prices? when I thought they were expensive, later they become even more ! :S Definitely everything needs to be made in China nowadays! lol

Think its the same case with the whipples .... first a $500 increase on every kit, now in top of that another $1,000 :S
Not only has the cost of materials gone up but the cost to transport them has as well. The time it takes to build a driveshaft is costly as well.

There's nothing we can do about any of this. As far as China goes I wouldn't look to them to make a 900hp driveshaft that's going to hold up for long. I guess we just need to choose what we want to buy and whether we can afford it or not as the price on everything historically doesn't go down but up.

Jared
Old 08-28-2008, 12:26 PM
GotMunchies?
1st Gear Member

Keep in mind that it the design of a good shaft is rather in depth. A good shaft is able to operate at a wide variety of speeds with decent resistance to vibration. My hope is Dynotech took the time to design a shaft with sufficient damping, operational range, and good enough balance to provide basically vibration free operation at all speeds. Their experience with racing should prove invaluable.

Regarding where a product is made: a good product is a good product, no matter who designed it or where it was manufactured.
Old 08-28-2008, 03:22 PM
grampa_stang
4th Gear Member

Wierd...I remember back in highschool...dropping a chevy TH400 into my '69 Firebird. Had to get a yolk for a chevy and then adapt it onto the Pontiac driveshaft, cut to length and balance....$40 bucks. Don't remember any vibrations either...yes, it was a one piece.