Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Saleen S/C for 07 models

Old 09-02-2008, 08:38 PM
rayfromtexas

Default Saleen S/C for 07 models

was cruising through the internet researching different models of superchargers for my 07 GT 5spd....folks seem to have their own likes and dislikes about each brand....some swear by roots type and others say centrifugal is the way to go.....so I am not sure either....BUT I wandered over to the Saleen site and looked at their s/cs and want to know why they don't advertise a model for the 07 GT! Is something different that radically different? Does anyone out there have any ideas?
Old 09-02-2008, 08:45 PM
Hufenstang
4th Gear Member

07-09 are different, they require an additional coolant kit. Add 200 dollars if your is a 07-09 basically. http://www.brenspeed.com/10-1607-b11313.html
Old 09-02-2008, 08:53 PM
rayfromtexas

do you know what this "additional coolant kit" is? they say you need it but what is it exactly? i have tried to find out online but no one explains it. do you think the saleen s/c is a good way to go? i get all kinds of "this is the best one" and can't decide!
Old 09-02-2008, 09:02 PM
Hufenstang
4th Gear Member

Well ive personally driven 3 kinds of setups. A hellion turbo, a Whipple, and i personally own a Saleen S/C. It depends what your main focus is... Drag strip, fun street car.. ect. I went with the Saleen when it was all said an done because of the sheer aftermarket it has for it, the new shaker hood coming out of it was a huge plus for my decision, since feeding air from the outside into the s/c and engine can be huge. Another plus for a twin screw is that it simply feels like one big engine, boost is always there instead of comming on at high rpm, which i personally hate.

Its all really preference and what you want to use it for. Pretty much all kits out whipple/saleen/kenne bell ect are good so you cant go wrong with them.
Old 09-02-2008, 09:04 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

ray, choosing your supercharger is
one of the hardest choices you will
make.....just keep reading about them
and eventually one will start to outshine
the rest

really they are all excellent, that's what makes
the choice so hard.....
Old 09-02-2008, 09:06 PM
Hufenstang
4th Gear Member

http://www.saleen.com/SC101_Services...6-2003-B14385*

Thats the kit on saleens site but im not really sure what it does. You can find that same kit on brenspeed site for 200 just have to shop around i suppose.
Old 09-02-2008, 10:55 PM
tonkpils555666sas
4th Gear Member

I would go Brenspeed for the Saleen S/C. Seems like they have a really good install rate as well as the whole idea of free tune upgrades. I am going with there stage 3 setup hopefully late Oct. early Nov.
Old 09-03-2008, 08:01 AM
MustangGT0405
5th Gear Member

Saleen makes a good SC.

The reason you need a additional kit for an 07 is because they changed the housing for the thrmostat. It requires the coolant lines to be run differently from the 05-06. From what I understand the 08 is different again so you cant put an 07 kit on an 08.

As far as choosing an FI kit I agree with Hammeron. It took me over a year of searching, reading, and thinking to make my decision.

Here was the short list I got down to and at one time or another I was 99% ready to order:

Whipple HO
Whipple non-intercooled
Brenspeed Saleen Stage 2
Procharger HO
Hellion Turbo

They are all great kits and I think I would have been happy with any of them, but I kept going back to the whipple HO, and that is ulitmately what I bought.

Do some searching and there is plenty of info on any kit. You will have to do that on your own though.

Here is my standard FI recommendations on the order to make you decision.

#1 - Powerband
#2 - Sound
#3 - Aesthetics
#4 - Price

Any kit is capable of making enough power to window your SB so that is irrelevant.

Research all the kits and work them through that list, by the time you get through #4 you will have your decision.
Old 09-03-2008, 09:35 AM
TJ
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by MustangGT0405

Any kit is capable of making enough power to window your SB so that is irrelevant.

That is true but IMO and from research (when deciding myself) where I believe Saleen differ from other TS's is in their power curve band. The Saleen superchargers seem to get quicker ¼ ET’s using less power (rwhp), hence you can go fast with putting less strain on the stock motor by doing it on less HP with a Saleen s/c and is one of the reasons I went Saleen.

Flame suite is on and thankfully I have to go out and about now. lol

Last edited by TJ; 09-03-2008 at 09:41 AM.
Old 09-03-2008, 10:38 AM
MustangGT0405
5th Gear Member

No flame suit required, but I question where you are getting your info.

From everything I have read about the whipple and saleen PSI for PSI the power numbers are almost identical.

The only difference I know of is comparing the Saleen and Whipple non intercooled, But that isnt apples to apples due to the saleen being intercooled which will get more power. I have seen dyno tuned non intercooled whipples make 400rwhp.

I stick with buy what you like.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Saleen S/C for 07 models