Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Need Help on X - H pipe choice

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2008, 02:10 AM
shanec
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by thewarmachine
You are correct! I did try the Bassani mufflers, and I still have them. The difference is in the midpipe. The Bassani X-pipe dramatically changes the sound....even with stingers. I do like my stingers, but I want a little bit more throatiness from my stang with less drone. .....and....I really love the sound of Bassanis. It is very unique and clean sounding.

I'm waiting for my Bassani X to be delivered. It's taking forever.
Can you clarify this? Was there something that made Singer drone better or worse?

I've already ordered Bassani catted-X and Stingers. I figure if if the drone is too bad I'll ebay the Stingers and go Corsa (which isn't throaty at all )
Old 09-07-2008, 06:21 AM
Lito
2nd Gear Member

X or H is as personal as how you like your coffee @ starbucks, I prefer X, they are raspier and I like it ans specially the kooks system because of the woosh sound it makes (open track video at sig) what I really dislike is how the bassani X kills most of the exhaust pulse by mixing the pipes at the X, I prefer an X where each pipe go by itself and they just join at the elbow acting more like a pressure balancer than a muffler (like in bassani's case).

Good luck with your choice.
Old 09-07-2008, 11:12 AM
thewarmachine
5th Gear Member

Nothing made my stingers drone less or more. The cabin buzz does get annoying.

The Bassani X should make the drone decrease. I installed a Bassani catted X on my stang with stingers once and it sounded great with less drone. It especially brings the deceleration purr to life. I had several fitment problems with it at the time and became so frustrated that I removed it after an hour and sold it. Hopefully I will not have so many problems with my new one and I can try to be more patient getting it to fit.
Old 09-09-2008, 10:21 AM
rivercitymike

Dude, whatever you do, don't mate Pypes Violators with any o/r pipe, x or h. there's no drone, but it's insanely loud. Also with this set-up, the S197 sounds like a Bubba truck with no mufflers, until you reach about 3000 rpms. After that it sounds cool, but like I said earlier, it's intensely loud. If you insist on having this set-up, the o/r h-pipe sounds better than an o/r x.
Old 09-09-2008, 10:17 PM
07musclemustang
4th Gear Member

chameberds (your violaters) = h pipe glasspacks (mid muffs) = x but as said previous be carefull with going off road as you may not want that loud