Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Dyno results

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2008, 02:20 PM
Simon1
5th Gear Member

Default Dyno results

Finally done, delivered, payed for and being enjoyed. I got my car back with a safe street tune I love and a 100 octane tune that is scary.

A/F runs between 11.4-11.7 Street boost is 9.5 psi, race is 11.5 psi.

Stock displacement, cams, heads, intake with 60 mm turbo. With some more experimentation with the tuning and loading changes on the dyno we have seen more power but really, I'm happy and very satisfied with the result. The car make more power now, 75 hp and 80 tq with less boost. Adam, the owner of ST Motorsports, really knows how to tune.

The only bad news is my turbo is blowing a little puff of blue smoke after pulls. Not big deal, I'll be taking it off this winter, having it reconditioned and upgrading it to a BB or a 67 mm BB.
Attached Thumbnails Dyno results-dyno-graph-91-and-100-octane.jpg  
Old 09-07-2008, 02:28 PM
gman73
5th Gear Member

I have been told by a few people that if you live anywhere is So.Cal, see Adam if you want your car tuned.
Old 09-07-2008, 02:28 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

looking good Simon1, glad she's back
home now
Old 09-07-2008, 02:36 PM
Lito
2nd Gear Member

Have you checked the way your valve cover breathing are routed?

If you had a turbo with a leaky seal it would usually leak all the time, if it does it once you lift I'm more inclined to think that is related with the crankcase breather system, a catch can, breathers or even some re-routing with a pcv valve in the middle would help.

I would test the car with the system vented for a few pulls to see if its still blowing smoke.
Old 09-07-2008, 02:40 PM
Simon1
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Lito
Have you checked the way your valve cover breathing are routed?

If you had a turbo with a leaky seal it would usually leak all the time, if it does it once you lift I'm more inclined to think that is related with the crankcase breather system, a catch can, breathers or even some re-routing with a pcv valve in the middle would help.

I would test the car with the system vented for a few pulls to see if its still blowing smoke.
The breathers are pulled from getting re-routed into the intake and have a small open air filter on the end to breath into the bumper area. No smoke comes out of the waste gate or turbo while under load, only a puff directly out of the turbo. I don't have a turbo timer on the car and I should. I'll just be careful for now on to let it cool.

What did you think about the power curve?
Old 09-07-2008, 03:10 PM
Lito
2nd Gear Member

Charts look good, by any chance you don't have the MAP graphed, right?

We have not tried race fuel here yet (we had to import it), will do it with a car we are tuning right now, great gains there, would love to see how much timing did they dialed in with 100octane.

Best of luck.

BTW, which kit is that one?

Last edited by Lito; 09-07-2008 at 03:12 PM. Reason: edit: deleted the comment on the built motor after re-reading the original post.
Old 09-07-2008, 05:01 PM
MustangGT0405
5th Gear Member

Congrats for being back on the road.
Old 09-08-2008, 02:52 AM
Simon1
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Lito
Charts look good, by any chance you don't have the MAP graphed, right?

We have not tried race fuel here yet (we had to import it), will do it with a car we are tuning right now, great gains there, would love to see how much timing did they dialed in with 100octane.

Best of luck.

BTW, which kit is that one?
STS single 60 mm starter kit. I really didn't think it would make the power it did or have the dyno graph it did but, Adam is a tuner that knows his **** for sure.

I'm sure I could find out the base timing for you when I speak with Adam next time.
Old 09-08-2008, 02:53 AM
Simon1
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by MustangGT0405
Congrats for being back on the road.
Thanks, been a long summer without anything to go play with and no trips to the track with my car atleast.
Old 09-08-2008, 03:38 AM
BoostedMKIV

Nice job.

Where exactly do you have your turbo mounted?
I only ask because I know the STS kit for the f-body cars are rear-mount.

Wasn't sure if it's the same kit or not.

Quick Reply: Dyno results