Magnapack installed - Page 2 - MustangForums.com

Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Magnapack installed

Old 09-13-2008, 11:27 AM
rdsx18
4th Gear Member

Nice choice, I love my magnapacks.
Old 09-13-2008, 01:03 PM
gman73
5th Gear Member

Today, I am putting on the other half of the system. Even if I doesn't increase the volume or provide better performance-which I doubt it will, I still like the sound of this system. And for $307 brand new shipped, this was a very good price.
Old 09-13-2008, 02:06 PM
GrnBullitt08
5th Gear Member

I bought the 3" inch magnapack system for my bullitt, i never got around to installing it. i think I'm gonna stay with the stock mufflers. I've heard good things about the magnapacks though.
Old 09-13-2008, 06:16 PM
gman73
5th Gear Member

I got around to installing the cat-back portion and re-installing the axlebacks. Not to sure if it made that much of a difference in sound, but fitment was no problem. Install took about an hour or so.
GrnBullitt, I would install the cat/axleback. They are designed for each other. I had the stock H-pipe with the magnapacks, and it was a PITA to get the axlebacks to fit. I am sure with the magnaflow cat-backs and stock mufflers it will be the same.
Old 09-16-2008, 11:06 PM
EagleStroker
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by GrnBullitt08 View Post
I bought the 3" inch magnapack system for my bullitt, i never got around to installing it. i think I'm gonna stay with the stock mufflers. I've heard good things about the magnapacks though.
Headers and a pipe w/stock mufflers? Reasoning behind it?
Old 09-17-2008, 10:07 AM
gman73
5th Gear Member

For those who have magnapacks, have you noticed an increase in performance? I know that catback systems are supposed to only give minimal gains. Magnaflow claims the Magnapacks increase hp by 11 or so and tq by 15 or so. I think my car feels more responsive since installing the magnapacks.
Old 09-17-2008, 10:18 AM
gman73
5th Gear Member

For those who have magnapacks, have you noticed an increase in performance? I know that catback systems are supposed to only give minimal gains. Magnaflow claims the Magnapacks increase hp by 11 or so and tq by 15 or so. I think my car feels more responsive since installing the magnapacks.
Old 09-17-2008, 01:03 PM
rdsx18
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by gman73 View Post
I only have axlebacks that were welded in at my local shop, and I noticed no increase in performance, but I wasn't looking for an increase either.
Old 09-17-2008, 01:09 PM
EagleStroker
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by gman73 View Post
I don't think you would really feel the effects on a mostly stock engine. With my car it made a big difference but I would consider it the exception, not the rule
Old 09-26-2008, 01:56 PM
gman73
5th Gear Member

I believe the magnapacks are getting a little loader. Yesterday I set off a car/truck alarm in the parking garage. The truck was parked in the row behind me. At startup, I could hear it chirp and when I backed up, the alarm went off.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Magnapack installed

Advertising
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.